Campbell vs Craig Revisited

SCWarEagle

If you were forced to choose, who would you want QBing your team?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. If you were forced to choose, who would you want QBing your team?

• Jason Campbell
    • Dameyune Craig

I went with Campbell the first time this came up and now I feel even better about my choice. Im only basing my choice on Campbell's performance THIS SEASON though. Both times we trailed this year he's brought us back with his arm. He's a proven winner now. Craig was awesome and he was a lot more flashy but I'd have to go with J-Cam.

depends what offense i'm running. this offense? probably jason. he's a better pure pocket passer than craig was. any other year? i'll take dameyune. he gives you a dimension that we didn't have. jason moves well for a 6'5" 230 pounder, but he's standing still next to craig. dameyune showed that he could be caddilac and campbell combined by accounting for over 75% of our offense while leading us to atlanta. without jason, this team isn't 11-0. without craig we went from 10 wins to 3. i don't think we'd see the same fall now.

dameyune had the big arm. he was a fairly accurate passer. he was a solid running back once he tucked the ball. AND he knew how to run the offense. he was the MVP of the sec whether folks knew it or not. jason is one of the smartest qbs in the nation. he's got a huge arm. he's the most accurate passer we've ever had. and he can move a little. can't go wrong, but i'd take craig.

I went with Jason because he is the "better" leader of the two. He has all of the tools to do it all. DC was always sort of "hamstrung" because of the lack of a running game.

Either way, I beleive that Brandon Cox will turn some heads. I have had season tickets for 19 consecutive years. I have NEVER seen a more accurate passer than BC...NEVER!

He still has a long way to go in learning AB's offense, but, he is a deadly passer.

Great kid too!

We are loaded with talent and there is a TON more on the way! :au::thumbsup:

The great thing is that Coach Tuberville & Staff can pick and choose. They can go after the kids that have "the right stuff" and are capable of becoming Tigers. Let the rest find somewhere else to "play". :D

It's still hard for me to decide, because Campbell has a much better supporting cast. If Craig had some help, he could have been great, also. Campbell has carried us farther, but Craig also did a pretty good job with less.

No knock against Campbell. Seriously. He fought back and made everyone who doubted him eat crow. But one still has to wonder 2 things.

What could have JC developed into had AB been with him for 4 years ? Scary!

What would DC had done under Borges ball ? More scary?

Congrats Tigers. 11 - 0 !

I said Campbell this year, last year and the year before. I want a QB who runs a controlled offense, not one who "makes plays".

Someone asked what Craig would have done in Borges offense. My belief is that he would have played WR or RB.

Someone asked what Craig would have done in Borges offense.  My belief is that he would have played WR or RB.

125937[/snapback]

That's ludicrous. DC set all time NFL Eupore PASSING record, not running or catching. Obviously he had the ability to pass the ball.

Both QB's have been great leaders and Auburn men. Craig was what the 97 offense needed at the time and Campbell was the QB we needed this season. Here is a better question...

Put JC on the 97 squad with no running game and what happens? Does Auburn go 10-3 and win the West on his arm alone?

Put DC in this year's offense and what happens? Could DC take Auburn to 11-0 with Williams and Brown running behind him?

:au::football::cheer:

Jason's has had a great year,but Craig was very good.Craig was faster than Jason and a much better'hit'em in stride' passer.With Craig, not only would have this year been great, but last year would have too.If Jason has an advantage over Craig it would be his calmness, Craig was very passionate and firey, sometimes that helps and sometimes that hurts.

If you want to remember Craig in the present time,just take a look at C.Leak from Florida he's the spitting image of vintage Craig.

The poll is skewed! First of all, both QB's had talents in different areas. Jason was more of a drop back passer with limited scrambling ability. He was ASKED to be a drop back passer and he excelled! DC was a scrambling QB who didn't like to stay in the pocket. That was his STRONG point. Granted, DC could probably run EITHER offense better than Jason, but we will never know. I voted for JC because he IMPROVED so much over his tenure and I can't really say there was a GIANT change in DC while he was here. He was always good at that type of offense. There!

The poll is skewed! First of all, both QB's had talents in different areas. Jason was more of a drop back passer with limited scrambling ability. He was ASKED to be a drop back passer and he excelled! DC was a scrambling QB who didn't like to stay in the pocket. That was his STRONG point. Granted, DC could probably run EITHER offense better than Jason, but we will never know. I voted for JC because he IMPROVED so much over his tenure and I can't really say there was a GIANT change in DC while he was here. He was always good at that type of offense. There!

DC - hands down . .he had ZERO supporting cast on offense. Watch some of the tape of the Clemson Peach Bowl . .JC wouldn't have had a prayer.

I love JC, don't get me wrong, but it takes a special kind of QB to accomplish what Craig did

Archived