Getting ready to buy BCS Tickets

RevNF4AU

This thread may not last long, but the way these games are unfolding. I will have my bank card ready to buy tickets!

what is the best place to buy, Stubhub? I am doing the same, is that the way to go at this point?

I already have them! I bought teamtix at the opening bid of $40 two months ago!!!!

I decided not to buy the teamtix after the UGA game for $40 and paid quite a bit more last week. Even if I get the chance to buy the actual tickets it'll still be less than I paid for the 2010 game.

How likely is it that I could travel to Pasadena and buy a ticket from someone out there?

Can people scalp outside the game? Is it legal in CA?

My wife and I can pay a decent amount for tickets, but all online options right now look overly 'spensive.

A lot of Bama fans I know that went said there were lots of cheap tickets floating around outside the Rose Bowl in 2009. You have to remember, there will be A LOT more tickets available as the Rose Bowl seats a good bit more than Glendale does.

The rose bowl is a large old style outdoor college football stadium . 92000 seats . All the other bcs bowls are in downsized nfl stadiums that hold around 72000.

I'll share my story from 2010.

My parents were already booked for a real estate conference in Phoenix during the time period of the NC game. They already had hotel, air fair and rental car booked. When we got in we decided to try for tickets, and I booked a flight out there, and just stayed with them. When we first got in, prices were high (albeit low compared to this year), but we were assured by Florida fans, as well as ticket brokers that they would come down. We decided to wait for the drop.... and they never fell. Since I had gotten a low price for the flight I decided to go ahead and go, that, food, and auburn swag was all the money I would spend if I didn't go to the game since I already had the room and car. We figured if we could get reasonably priced tickets we would go, if not we would watch it in the complex by the stadium and still have a great time.

On game day we went out early, and started looking for tickets. My dad and I were the ones at the stadium while my mom surfed for tickets online back at the hotel. Tickets were going for very similar prices at the game as they were online, and they weren't coming down. I think our highest price we would go was 750 a piece, but that may not be correct. We searched all day, with little luck online or from the guys at the stadium. Finally hours later my mom got a reply from an add on craigslist looking for tickets. She passed the number on to me, and he said he wanted $500 for the tickets. 500 a ticket was a very fare price so we agreed to meet a mile or so from the stadium, he didn't want to come closer and get into the traffic. When he showed up, he said "ok, so we agreed to $500 for the two tickets". I was shocked but gave him $500, he gave me two tickets, and we both left happy. He had gotten the tickets for free, a family member was performing before the game and had given him the tickets. He had no idea what they were worth, but his wife had decided she didn't feel like going.

For Curiosity's sake I asked a few scalpers about ticket prices right before going in, and they STILL hadn't come down. If we hadn't gotten the tickets when we did I don't think we would have ever gotten any at our price point.

I rambled way more than I meant to, but point is you might be able to find a good deal the day of, but it takes quite a bit of luck.

Keep in mind guys the estimated delivery date for these Stub Hub tickets. Each one I've selected so far shows a date of January 3rd... that's not too comforting for me as I leave on the 4th!

Keep in mind guys the estimated delivery date for these Stub Hub tickets. Each one I've selected so far shows a date of January 3rd... that's not too comforting for me as I leave on the 4th!

I would imagine that you can have them shipped to your hotel. Takes a little bit of faith but would probably work out fine. I'm not sure how I"d be of help but I am in LA so if there is some way I can help anyone PM me.

I pinged stubhub about this and they recommended I call them so I got on the phone (hate the the phone) and they called the seller, the seller said they will have the tickets by xmas or around that time. The date should be a non issue, also StubHub doesn't pay until the tickets are received so there is no incentive to hold tickets. I think you are good to go

How likely is it that I could travel to Pasadena and buy a ticket from someone out there?

Can people scalp outside the game? Is it legal in CA?

My wife and I can pay a decent amount for tickets, but all online options right now look overly 'spensive.

Pasadena does not allow scalping at the Rose Bowl. They are strict about that. However, I have seen scalpers at the Parsons shuttle lot before games. Good luck.

Archived