How would Saban leaving affect the 2014 class? (Not do you think Saban leaves thread))

Auburn4Winners

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we'd take a shot with Ronnie Clark. We might have a conversation at least with SDH. But I believe both have fathers who are Alabama fans.

I don't expect tons of decommitting if Saban leaves, IF Smart stays. But if UAT brings in a new head coach, Smart may go with Saban IF he leaves.

If Saban leaves. ..expect a good portion of recruits to follow him.

I strongly doubt that with in-state recruits. Now the out of state kids, especially any from west of Alabama, perhaps. But I don't see prospects from here, Georgia or Florida leaving the SEC battlefront to go to Texas. I'd look for Saban to pillage the classes of oother Big 12 programs to the extent possible though.

LSU might lose some in the deal too.

Does everyone believe that Saban will go to another school? I believe he is more likely to pursue something other than coaching football. He has nothing left to prove at the college level and he didn't like the NFL. I look for him to try something else or he can take his millions and play golf.

I was thinking maybe Deshawn Hand...?

I think we'd take a shot with Ronnie Clark. We might have a conversation at least with SDH. But I believe both have fathers who are Alabama fans.

I don't expect tons of decommitting if Saban leaves, IF Smart stays. But if UAT brings in a new head coach, Smart may go with Saban IF he leaves.

There are reports out there that SDH has burned his bridges with AU and Gus has told him not to keep hanging around Auburn, he's no longer welcome. Incident or incidents occurred during the Iron Bowl weekend. Details (such as they are) are in the SDH thread.

Does everyone believe that Saban will go to another school? I believe he is more likely to pursue something other than coaching football. He has nothing left to prove at the college level and he didn't like the NFL. I look for him to try something else or he can take his millions and play golf.

I think he might.. Saban has a huge ego. Texas can offer something that Alabama can't a chance to win NC's at three different schools. Texas isn't a school that has a lot of problems attracting talent and has some good players already their. Saban could in his mind may think he could get Texas back in the hunt in after one year. Certainly he would think he could get them there after two. He will always be the #2 coach in Alabama behind "The Bear".

I think he might.. Saban has a huge ego. Texas can offer something that Alabama can't a chance to win NC's at three different schools. Texas isn't a school that has a lot of problems attracting talent and has some good players already their. Saban could in his mind may think he could get Texas back in the hunt in after one year. Certainly he would think he could get them there after two. He will always be the #2 coach in Alabama behind "The Bear".

I don't know if he does go, but this will be the reason if he does. Three schools, three NC's which in a sense is plenty to prove in college.

He is not going anywhere. Even if he did go to Texas, their class is almost full with top rated commits. There would have to be some decommitments for any of his current recruits to go with him. But, as I stated, he isn't going anywhere. I do foresee Kirby Smart moving on to become a Head Coach somewhere.

Ronnie Clark would be number one on my list. He really liked Auburn, and by most accounts, went to Alabama based on their track record with DBs. Changed circumstances could open the door, and he's a stud.

IMO, we still have one more flip from uat coming whether Saban leaves or not. As far as uncommitted recruits, his leaving would probably have an impact on a couple of guys. Now whether we get those guys are not is another story.

If Saban leaves. ..expect a good portion of recruits to follow him.

I strongly doubt that with in-state recruits. Now the out of state kids, especially any from west of Alabama, perhaps. But I don't see prospects from here, Georgia or Florida leaving the SEC battlefront to go to Texas. I'd look for Saban to pillage the classes of oother Big 12 programs to the extent possible though.

LSU might lose some in the deal too.

I was think LSU as well as aTm. Some of these kids would not be too far from home to play for UT.

Very small chance that Saban leaves. If it was ever going to happen, it was going to happen last week, and it almost did. Half of the board at UT wanted Saban and the other half wanted Gus. Jimmy Sexton is the agent of both Gus and Saban. He was trying to get one or the other the job, but then we extended Gus' contract, so that marked him off the list. Now, Saban is expected to sign a new deal with Bama. However, if that contract at Bama doesn't work out, it could very well happen. I do know that Saban is not very happy with UofA and they aren't very happy with him. Mostly bc. of the outcome of the Iron Bowl. Keeping my fingers crossed!

This is gist of him going (for me) it's got to be affecting recruiting for NS to not squash these rumors. There's no way these kid's are not calling-texting-messaging their contacts and robbing them of valuable recruiting time with others. It's got to be killing his staff to have to put up with this....

now back to OP

... Being their commit's are mostly just bunch of unknowns (just 2 me) I'd start contacting anyone with LB after their name, starting with Ronnie Clark, as I believe everyone knows we've been on him already.

We would take Clark, but not SDH.

My predicted fallout on 2014 if Saban Left

We flip Clark

We might make another run at Cam Sims since he wants to leave Louisiana

Cornwell would look around but not sure if our staff still wants him

Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones to LSU

Hand to Michigan

Christian Miller to UGA

Ross Piersch to Iowa

Frazier to Arky

Remember their class is heavy on out of state talent. If Saban leaves their would be a lot of defections to get closer to home I could see the prospects from Louisiana and west follow Saban to Texas. Texas has a small class right now.

If Saban leaves, it will make signing day very interesting.

Some of the recruits would follow him, but the Texas class has some top talent as well. He would have to adjust the roster.

Of course not all Alabama recruits would shift or make the transition. A lot would depend upon who on the current UA staff they were able to retain.

We would not even have room for some of them, if they wanted to come. Unlike Saban, I cannot see Gus going back on his word to those who have committed. Gus still has a HS coach's mentality when it comes to protecting his players.

My predicted fallout on 2014 if Saban Left

We flip Clark

We might make another run at Cam Sims since he wants to leave Louisiana

Cornwell would look around but not sure if our staff still wants him

Cam Robinson and Hootie Jones to LSU

Hand to Michigan

Christian Miller to UGA

Ross Piersch to Iowa

Frazier to Arky

Remember their class is heavy on out of state talent. If Saban leaves their would be a lot of defections to get closer to home I could see the prospects from Louisiana and west follow Saban to Texas. Texas has a small class right now.

Imagine who he really tried to bring along would depend on the needs at UT ?

Thanks for changing the title mods. I couldn't do it. I think it's the consensus that Clark would come back to us which would be huge, but I really would love to get Hand. That kid is going to be a monster and having him next to Carl and Elijah and Monty... good lord.

Archived