Just food for thought

DyeHardAllTheWay

Going to be tough playing both GA and AL away. But this will be a tough team.

Throughout AU UGA football history, the away team has typically done very well. I expect we should win this game. UGA will have possibly the best RB core in the nation but the QB is average at best and the defense is average at best. There is talent on the their defense but they are not being coached well.

I also think Alabama is going to be a game we. An win. They have to field a new QB and their OC is Lane Kiffen.

On the positive side, assuming our record is otherwise pretty good, that's the sort of tough duty that will ensure we are chosen as one of the final 4.

I had so much fun this season because I didn't know what to expect, and it was all so exciting as it unfolded. I'm staying in that frame of mind for 2014. I'll take it one game at a time again....as a fan. It kinda scares me to look too far ahead.

We will make it to the final 4, and will play in the NC game, and will come home with the NC in our backpocket. (2014 season of course). Nothing less than this is unacceptable.

Alabama fan base can't handle losing to us once in a season, if they lost to us twice it would finish them off!!!!

Auburn beat Tennessee twice in one year once!

I wonder if Alabama has ever accomplished that feat during the BCS years?

Dont forget we beat USCe twice in '10

Alabama fan base can't handle losing to us once in a season, if they lost to us twice it would finish them off!!!!

Beating them twice a year would accelerate the process of evening up the overall series

Going to be tough playing both GA and AL away. But this will be a tough team.

UGA won't have the QB play they have had under Murray, but their D might improve with coach Thug G gone.

We will make it to the final 4, and will play in the NC game, and will come home with the NC in our backpocket. (2014 season of course). Nothing less than this is unacceptable.

Disagree on the unacceptable part. You are sounding like an ungrateful bammer there.

Beating them twice a year would accelerate the process of evening up the overall series

Excellent point.

Where will the championship game be played next year?

I believe it will be in Arlington, TX. One of the semi finals will be in New Orleans. Not sure where the other will be played.

Don't take this the wrong way but one of the posters said we have loads of talent coming back. In some areas that is true, but there are some areas of weakness where I believe we need improvement. The areas in no particular order from my perspective are:

--Linebacker. I just don't feel we have true run stoppers in this area. Hopefully they're on the way but they'll be freshmen.

--Cornerback due to graduation.

--Wide receiver. We really only have one true threat in Coates.

--Special Teams due to graduation of both kickers

I thought this year was an amazing year with the current talent. I would say this and next years recruiting cycle will have us where we want to be from a personnel standpoint, then the rest of the league better be ready because we comin...;-)

Don't take this the wrong way but one of the posters said we have loads of talent coming back. In some areas that is true, but there are some areas of weakness where I believe we need improvement. The areas in no particular order from my perspective are:

--Linebacker. I just don't feel we have true run stoppers in this area. Hopefully they're on the way but they'll be freshmen.

--Cornerback due to graduation.

--Wide receiver. We really only have one true threat in Coates.

--Special Teams due to graduation of both kickers

I thought this year was an amazing year with the current talent. I would say this and next years recruiting cycle will have us where we want to be from a personnel standpoint, then the rest of the league better be ready because we comin...;-)

I think these are good points. I think all of those are question marks that need to be answered except for receiver. I feel good about who we have at WR. I think their biggest problem last year was reps or just lack of passes thrown to them. It has to be hard to get in a rhythm catching the ball when we throw so few passes. I expect a better passing game this year.

I would add left tackle to your list. It is going to be harder to replace GR than I think we are expecting. GR is one of the most talented LTs we have ever had and those guys can be so hard to replace. I remember the hit our offense took the year after losing Marcus McNeil. I like our Oline coach a lot better now and I think he will find a way to work it out.

Archived