Just food for thought

DyeHardAllTheWay

The 1993 Nebraska team went all the way to the national championship and lost to Florida State in a close game. The next year, Nebraska went undefeated and won the national championship. I really think the 2014 team is going back to the national championship and will win.

I'm not sure that AU makes the championship game, but I feel really good (and I do mean really good) about AU's chances of making the playoff.

The 1993 Nebraska team went all the way to the national championship and lost to Florida State in a close game. The next year, Nebraska went undefeated and won the national championship. I really think the 2014 team is going back to the national championship and will win.

If we do at least it'll be within driving distance

They went undefeated in both '94 and '95, winning back to back NCs in the process. Then did the same thing in '97. It really was the beginning of some golden years of Nebraska football.

This is a great comparison! I was originally thinking about the 2000 Miami team that just missed playing for a National title and it motivated them to win it the next year. But I like your comparison better.

Very interesting, especially since our offense has already drawn comparisons to that mid-90s Nebraska steamroller. Nick Marshall, feel free to channel Tommy Frazier all you want.

Going to be tough playing both GA and AL away. But this will be a tough team.

Gotta play some of them on the road sooner or later.....this might be as good a year as any with both of them coming in with new QBs.....and AU having a lot of returning players....as for me, I'm just glad to see Murray and AJ moving on.

If we do at least it'll be within driving distance

Where will it be located?

Wouldn't it be something IF Auburn played uat for national championship.

The Iron Bowl is played so late in the year I doubt the selection committee lets both in the playoff.

The Iron Bowl is played so late in the year I doubt the selection committee lets both in the playoff.

I heard on sports radio that the selection committee doesn't want rematches and will reseed to avoid them. The only way it could happen would be in the championship round.

I heard on sports radio that the selection committee doesn't want rematches and will reseed to avoid them. The only way it could happen would be in the championship round.

I think that was the assumption.

As for letting both in the final four, it could theoretically happen if both were undefeated going into the Iron Bowl and played a close game. In that case, I don't see the selection committee keeping one of us out.

Alabama fan base can't handle losing to us once in a season, if they lost to us twice it would finish them off!!!!

Auburn beat Tennessee twice in one year once!

I wonder if Alabama has ever accomplished that feat during the BCS years?

Alabama fan base can't handle losing to us once in a season, if they lost to us twice it would finish them off!!!!

I think Dubose did it one year. I seem to recall them beating UF twice. The very next year he got fired

2004! .......... Awesome year to live in Nashville and be a Auburn fan! Well up until we got snubbed by Oklahoma and USC only to watch USC curb stomp OK and later have their title stripped! We should be able to claim that one lol!

Still think 04 was the most dominate team we ever had in my lifetime.

Going to be tough playing both GA and AL away. But this will be a tough team.

Throughout AU UGA football history, the away team has typically done very well. I expect we should win this game. UGA will have possibly the best RB core in the nation but the QB is average at best and the defense is average at best. There is talent on the their defense but they are not being coached well.

I also think Alabama is going to be a game we. An win. They have to field a new QB and their OC is Lane Kiffen.

Archived