STOP!!!! I need your HELP now!!!!!

MrMoJo

Do you want to vent next Monday if things go south for Auburn?

Do you want to be proactive instead of bitching on this board?

As you know the Huntsville Times guy is voting Okla #1. I'm emailing my cancelation Sunday if Auburn is the odd-man out. I have a friend's brother who is a reporter for the local CBS station. I have emailed him to interview me on why I dumped the Times. Then, I wanted him to uplink the interview to ESPN, they can then apply some bigtime downward pressure on the Times, they deserve everything they get.

I need you to simply send an email to the below guy and tell him how much, as an Auburn fan, you would aprreciate him conducting the interview and how angry you will be if this occurs. Steve Johnson is an AU grad and a Pike.

Please, please....include where you live. Also, use my real name below.

This is the dog I want to kick, bad...............

Hal Eskew

Huntsville, AL

PS-email steve.johnson@whnt.com

I e-mailed Steve Johnson and also sent another e-mail to the Times. If anyone wants to send an e-mail to the Times, send it to all of the below:

ludwig@htimes.com

melindag@times.com

johnp@times.com

and copy Paul Gattis at pgattis@times.com

Point out to them that:

--it was the Times that was selected to vote and not Gattis personally

--Gattis has offered no explanation for his vote even though othere vote their regional biases when there is no clear didtinction otherwise

--it looks bad considering Gattis is the Times beat writer for the Times

I e-mailed Steve Johnson and also sent another e-mail to the Times. If anyone wants to send an e-mail to the Times,

127048[/snapback]

Did he bother to answer?

I e-mailed Steve Johnson and also sent another e-mail to the Times. If anyone wants to send an e-mail to the Times,

127048[/snapback]

Did he bother to answer?

127052[/snapback]

Not yet but I only sent it about 45 minutes ago.

So...you think 100% of these voters believe they are voting their true beliefs.....

Riiiight

So...you think 100% of these voters believe they are voting their true beliefs.....

Riiiight

127126[/snapback]

MrMoJo, nothing personal, but do you honestly believe this is a conspiracy against AU? Has this guy been voting OU #1 all year, or did he just suddenly change when the BCS came out? Is there any way to find out how he voted every week this year?

No conspiracy theory here....I'm just very, very upset that the newspaper that I have paid 25 years of subscriptions is not voting for an in state team and ultimately helping the states economy. Please, don't give me the guy's voting his consience, do you think he will go to hell for voting Auburn #1 or #2?

Auburn fans are rabid fans, Tide fans have rabies....reverse the situation if you can and Alabama is sitting in Auburn's spot. The Hunsville Times Auburn beat writer is voting Okla. The Tide fans are very much more vocal than Auburn fans (re:Finebaum) and the Times would never be able to survive the onslaught from Huntsville Bama fans moreless Bama fans throughout the state. The writer that voted Okla would have to start his car by a remote control device. The one thing that I really admire about Bama fans is they always end up speaking in one voice.

I've tried to post info over the past few weeks about what was fixing to happen. I have finally come to the conclusion that most of the posters , not all, on this board are content with sitting on their butt and using their keyboard to bitch, moan, and gripe. Well, sorry I am not into watching my life pass away and never taking a chance. Most ot the world is that way and, sadly, most Auburn fans are too.

If I interview Steve, I hope it goes as planned and I get to kick my dog. At least I've tried. What in the hell have you done?

I've done nothing but support this team. Like a good fan should. I'm not up to putting myself out there for ridicule looking like an idiot on TV or anything. If we end up #3, that's just the way it will be. USC and OU started out #1 and #2 and unless they lose that's where they should stay(imo). It hurts to know that if we all three win out we won't have our shot at the "real" MNC. I said if, because the season's not completed yet. Someone can still lose. Hell, it could be us. All the pontificating and grandstanding won't amount to a hill of beans if we don't beat the Viles. When we do, if the others win, it'll be just what it is. To belittle this team and its fans for not doing enough to be recognized by the pollsters is stupid. Suck it up and take it like a man(or woman) and move on. Hold dear in your heart the memories of a perfect season and know that no pollsters or computers can take that away from you.

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE VILES.

No conspiracy theory here....I'm just very, very upset that the newspaper that I have paid 25 years of subscriptions is not voting for an in state team and ultimately helping the states economy. Please, don't give me the guy's voting his consience, do you think he will go to hell for voting Auburn #1 or #2?
I do agree that AU should play in the OB, but again, has the guy suddenly started voting OU #1 in the past few weeks, or has he done it all year long? If he has just started voting OU #1, then you may very well be on to something. If he has been voting them #1 all year, I don't see why he should change his opinion to help any teams cause. That would show a biased opinion which is what it wrong with polls anyways.
Auburn fans are rabid fans, Tide fans have rabies....reverse the situation if you can and Alabama is sitting in Auburn's spot. The Hunsville Times Auburn beat writer is voting Okla. The Tide fans are very much more vocal than Auburn fans (re:Finebaum) and the Times would never be able to survive the onslaught from Huntsville Bama fans moreless Bama fans throughout the state. The writer that voted Okla would have to start his car by a remote control device. The one thing that I really admire about Bama fans is they always end up speaking in one voice.

Everything in this post is the EXACT reason I admire 90% of AU fans. You guys don't have people shooting their kids, throwing bricks, bashing team players, calling in on radio shows making complete asses of themselves.....and much more. I'd give anything to have the fan base of my team to show level headed thoughts and not be such idiots everytime something doesn't go there way. That's just my opinion.

Good luck with your interview, I truely hope it will make a difference. In the case that it doesn't, you still have a LOT more to be proud of. You have no idea what I would give for Bama to be 11-0 with a very good chance at an undefeated season....MNC or not.

Guest Tigrinum Major
No conspiracy theory here....I'm just very, very upset that the newspaper that I have paid 25 years of subscriptions is not voting for an in state team and ultimately helping the states economy.  Please, don't give me the guy's voting his consience, do you think he will go to hell for voting Auburn #1 or #2?

Auburn fans are rabid fans, Tide fans have rabies....reverse the situation if you can and Alabama is sitting in Auburn's spot.  The Hunsville Times Auburn beat writer is voting Okla.  The Tide fans are very much more  vocal than Auburn fans (re:Finebaum) and the Times would never be able to survive the onslaught from Huntsville Bama fans moreless Bama fans throughout the state.  The writer that voted Okla would have to start his car by a remote control device.  The one thing that I really admire about Bama fans is they always end up speaking in one voice.

I've tried to post info over the past few weeks about what was fixing to happen.  I have finally come to the conclusion that most of the posters , not all, on this board are content with sitting on their butt and using their keyboard to bitch, moan, and gripe.  Well, sorry I am not into watching my life pass away and never taking a chance.  Most ot the world is that way and, sadly, most Auburn fans are too.

If I interview Steve, I hope it goes as planned and I get to kick my dog.  At least I've tried.  What in the hell have you done?

127188[/snapback]

With all due respect, I have done a hell of a lot...

I have taken my son to two games this year and my daughters to one and enjoyed every day down on the Plains...

I have enjoyed watching this team acheive more than most of the country (to include Auburn fans) ever expected...

I have wasted precious little time worrying about something I have no control over, such as the BCmeSs (because, no matter what you think, your subscription cancellation, ESPN, and letter writing campaign will have little bearing on this moron's vote)...

I have thanked God I am an Auburn man and that my wife is an Auburn woman and that our kids "get it"...

I have gotten chill bumps listening to this team sing after games...

I have accepted the fact that OU or USC is going to have to get beat for us to play for the MNC...

MNCs and such aren't what we are all about. If it makes you feel better by pulling your subscription, then by all means, do it. But respect us if we don't follow along...

Guest Tigrinum Major
Everything in this post is the EXACT reason I admire 90% of AU fans.  You guys don't have people shooting their kids, throwing bricks, bashing team players, calling in on radio shows making complete asses of themselves.....and much more.  I'd give anything to have the fan base of my team to show level headed thoughts and not be such idiots everytime something doesn't go there way.  That's just my opinion. 

127200[/snapback]

Damn, TF24, just when I think all Bama fans are classless, you have to go and make some sense. It is refreshing to know not everyone drinks the Crimson Kool-Aid.

By the way, we have our share of wackos, as does every school...

Everything in this post is the EXACT reason I admire 90% of AU fans.  You guys don't have people shooting their kids, throwing bricks, bashing team players, calling in on radio shows making complete asses of themselves.....and much more.  I'd give anything to have the fan base of my team to show level headed thoughts and not be such idiots everytime something doesn't go there way.  That's just my opinion. 

127200[/snapback]

Damn, TF24, just when I think all Bama fans are classless, you have to go and make some sense. It is refreshing to know not everyone drinks the Crimson Kool-Aid.

By the way, we have our share of wackos, as does every school...

127204[/snapback]

The unfortunate consequence of having a major fan base.

But, hey, at least neither of us burns down our campus after a win like some of the yankee schools.

So... you don't want him to vote the way he believes?

Riiiiight....

127116[/snapback]

If it was bama in 3rd place in this same situation, you would be whining to beat hell. <_<

Since he is the bama beat writer he is just making matters worse by not commenting. Why won't he even acknowledge his vote and publicly give his rationale? That's all I have asked him to do. In another city (Portland, Oregon), the guy voting comments on his vote every week and solicits reader feedback. I think that's a great way to do it if he wants to truly represent the community.

Archived