Auburn vs Mercer

Tigers brought their bats last night....a good 9-5 win over a decent Mercer team.

Ortman did a good job for the win.

2-0 AU so far top of the 6th in game two.

8th inning Trey C-G comes in with a 4-0 lead. Thompson looked good again today....his ERA must be less than 0.5

Ground out to pitcher for third out. Final 4-1.

Solid game till 9th. Then it got scary.

Looks like we put the bat on the ball and forced them to make some errors. Got some hits. Think we got some steals. Forced a balk or two as well as a hit batter or 2. Our starting pitching was seriously good, it appears. Sounds like an all around solid game till our closer. Then he and the team worked him out of it. Win every series and good things happen.

I'm no baseball guy but Thompson goes 7 innings and faces 24 batters. I do believe that is pretty good.

Very good.....and he needed to be...another game with just a handful of hits. This win was courtesy of Mercer's infield and their errors.

Coach got tossed in the 9th of this game... And for good reason. Hat looked like very very questionable call at the plate in the 9th is when they scored their run. That was just the last straw after an incosisntent day behind the plate for blue. Finally coach just let loose and got tossed. Looked like the players appreciated it though! Anyway, good win! Mercer came in to this series with an RPI of 12!

I'm no baseball guy but Thompson goes 7 innings and faces 24 batters. I do believe that is pretty good.

Very good.....and he needed to be...another game with just a handful of hits. This win was courtesy of Mercer's infield and their errors.

The thing is....Auburn took advantage of those opportunities and scored some runs. That's what I liked about this win.

Interesting that the gals are playing "long ball" this season and the guys going "small ball".

Thus far you have to love what the ladies are doing on the softball diamond.

This was a great weekend for Auburn athletics overall! Mercer came into this weekend with an rpi, I believe, of 12! This is a great series win and a great sweep of them. We, however, must keep momentum going into SEC play next weekend, with some big midweek wins. A great sweep this weekend, but we've got to keep it going!

Archived