Mobile Phone Service

MDM4AU

I have been looking at possibly changing my personal cell phone service. I have T-Mobile now and I wanted to check out what else was out there. My wife uses the phone because my employer supplies me with a phone that has Cingular service. She uses her phone quite a bit calling her sister in L.A. and with her job as a cheerleading coach.

I may simply stay with T-Mobile but I had been considering Cingular, because I like the plans they offer and of course the Mobile-to-Mobile thing. That could possibly save 20%-30% on our phone bill. I need to get my wife a new phone so I will be looking to do something soon.

I thought I would poll the AUN family on this:

What service does everyone have here? Tell me what you like about it then tell me what you dislike about it.

I have Southern Linc.

Like:

Everwhere there is Southern Company there is service. It also roams in 90 major cities nationwide. The beep-beep and signal are unrivaled by any service my friends have brought over to my apartment or in Ridgewood. ATT has no service in either place.

Dislike:

Not sure yet, only had it a few weeks.

I had Cingular, it was ok. I've had T-Mobile for almost a year and really like it. From what I'm hearing, Cingular's customer service and billing are a mess right now though.

ALLTEL!!!

Great Billing (no hidden charges and nonsense)

Awesome Customer Service

Absolutely no downtime (had service about 4 years and have maybe been out of service for a total of 5 mins)

Good prices and good phones!

Dislikes:

NONE.

Could not be happier with them!!

I have Cingular and like it as well as any. The coverage is good in the US but I have not had to deal with customer service. I found the coverage in Mexico was horrible even though they proclaimed it would work without any problem. I spent a month in Mexico on business recently.

I used to have Sprint which was great as long as you were in a big city or close to a major interstate. Get outside of those areas and it pretty much blew.

Best coverage nationwide, Verizon....Hands down.

Customer service - Well, they have people at thier stores....If you can avoid them, life is good ;)

I have T-Mobile and they are superb. My buddy used to work at a place that sold Verizon, Tmobile, Cingular etc...he said Cingular wins the award every year for the absolute WORST customer service in the industry.

Verizon and Sprint are notorious for crap charges that arent your fault...and then not fixing it until you pay.

Sprint's customer service is terrible also. Guranteed a hold of 30 minutes if you call witha bill problem.

Depends on where you are and what you are looking for. There are still analog sevices out there in the rural areas. From Atlanta I have T-mobile only because of the mobile to mobile family plan. But I am looking at another service that will pick up in the boonies while I'm hunting or at my folks house. Cingular used to have their analog TDMA service in the rural areas but they are abandoning this for the GSM digital service. I was told by 2006 they are supposed to all be digital. Verizon is the only major company that still provides a link to the analog service. They call their system the CDMA. You get a phone that works in tri-mode and it will pick up any and all of their services. There plan selection form a family standpoint and compared with Cingular leaves much to be desired. But their coverage looks to be the most complete in the southern US. I think I will stay with T-mobile till the GSM network completely covers Alabama, then switch to Cingular.

Archived