21. Auburn 17-8 4-2 Baseball America ranking. nm

AUBURN, Ala. - After winning its second consecutive Southeastern Conference series, Auburn has entered Baseball America's weekly poll at No. 21.

The Tigers (17-8 overall and 4-2 in the SEC) have won 10 of their last 12 games under first-year head coachSunny Golloway. They won two of three from No. 24 Texas A&M in the first week of the SEC season and two of three at No. 14 Tennessee last weekend.

Seven SEC teams, led by No. 2 South Carolina, are in the top 25.

The Tigers won on Friday and Saturday of both SEC weekends, only to fall on Sunday. They fought back from a 5-0 deficit at Tennessee, but lost 8-6 when a ninth-inning rally came up short.

Auburn has won five consecutive SEC series dating back to last season, the longest streak in the league. The Tigers are hitting .310 as a team. Their .987 fielding percentage in conference games is also the league's best.

Auburn is ranked No. 24 in the Perfect Game poll.

The Tigers play Kennesaw State on Tuesday at Plainsman Park. They open a three-game SEC series against Missouri on Thursday night at Plainsman Park. The game will begin at 6:30 and be televised by ESPNU.

Their .987 fielding percentage in conference games is also the league's best.

Pitching and defense will carry you a far piece.

We are also hitting .310 as a team ;D

Unless I'm badly mistaken, we were dead last in fielding percentage through most of last season. That's one area in which coaching can make an immediate impact and apparently it has.

Unless I'm badly mistaken, we were dead last in fielding percentage through most of last season. That's one area in which coaching can make an immediate impact and apparently it has.

Well...maybe a little bit....have moved from 14th last season up to 13th this week...probably affected by that 3 game stretch with all the errors.

Well...maybe a little bit....have moved from 14th last season up to 13th this week...probably affected by that 3 game stretch with all the errors.

Did you miss this from up-thread? Their .987 fielding percentage in conference games is also the league's best

It seems both the fielding and hitting are improving as we move to conference play. I hope that's a clear trend and not some statistical fluke!

Me and you both!

It's a wild and very, very windy day here in Auburn. It's going to be a cold, blustery night in Plainsman Park tonight for those coming out. Much better weather in store for the Thurs-Sat tilt with Mizzou.

• 2 weeks later...

Please....the orange font is extremely difficult on the eyes. Stay with black or Navy blue. Thanks!!

Archived