Kevin Ware leaving Louisville

WDE_OxPx_2010

Several people on twitter (media types) think he's a no brainer to AU.

I think he would be available for next season correct? ....the only schools mentioned close to home for him are auburn and ga state

Leg injures in basketball can be tough to recover from if ever. Sam Bowie broke his left leg twice and his right leg.

But i think Ware would be worth a shot here. He may also be leaving because of rumors that Pitino will retire. Little Ricky is have the same odd behavior that Little Nicky had after losing to his biggest rival..............

He played some this year so he'd have to sit a year anyway. There's a limit to how many guys we want to recruit that have to sit out a year. We still have to field a team next year and looking at four transfers sitting on the bench that aren't eligible to play won't help in the win column.

Leg injures in basketball can be tough to recover from if ever. Sam Bowie broke his left leg twice and his right leg.

But i think Ware would be worth a shot here. He may also be leaving because of rumors that Pitino will retire. Little Ricky is have the same odd behavior that Little Nicky had after losing to his biggest rival..............

Pitino is probably retiring in 5 years or so anyways. The reason he is leaving is Louisville has 2 PG who are becoming stars and weren't limited by an injury. He wouldn't get play time till his senior season anyways.

He played some this year so he'd have to sit a year anyway. There's a limit to how many guys we want to recruit that have to sit out a year. We still have to field a team next year and looking at four transfers sitting on the bench that aren't eligible to play won't help in the win column.

I believe his limited playing time makes him eligible for a medical redshirt allowing him to immediately play this upcoming season. Pretty sure anyways.

If he were simply redshirted at Louisville he'd have to sit out his transfer year. Do you know why a medical redshirt would be any different re:transfer rule?

If he's granted a medical year, last season won't count against his four years of eligibility, but that's an entirely different question than the transfer rule.

If he were simply redshirted at Louisville he'd have to sit out his transfer year. Do you know why a medical redshirt would be any different re:transfer rule?

If he's granted a medical year, last season won't count against his four years of eligibility, but that's an entirely different question than the transfer rule.

For some reason I was thinking about the hardship rule. I think your probably right.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived