2014 Spring Practice - Day 12

RunInRed

BTW, Tony Stevens is listed (by AU) as 6-4 198 lbs. Coming out of HS he was listed as 6-3 175 lbs. Are these accurate?

I haven't seen much video of him, does he look thicker? Very excited to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

I actually live right next to Tony in South Donahue. If anyone was wondering, he's got a heck of a speaker system. In other news, I have also learned some new rap songs this year. Yes the two are related.

As for his size, he is definitely every bit of 6-4. I am about 6-0 (on a good day at least) and I still have to look up at him. As for 198, if that is accurate, he has got a lot of lean muscle. I'd guess that he'd be more around 180-190.

Thanks for the info!

BTW, which field of Engineering are you majoring in?

Mechanical Engineering major, Business minor. Plans for an MBA after I finish undergrad.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, Tony Stevens is listed (by AU) as 6-4 198 lbs. Coming out of HS he was listed as 6-3 175 lbs. Are these accurate?

I haven't seen much video of him, does he look thicker? Very excited to see how he develops over the next couple of years.

I actually live right next to Tony in South Donahue. If anyone was wondering, he's got a heck of a speaker system. In other news, I have also learned some new rap songs this year. Yes the two are related.

As for his size, he is definitely every bit of 6-4. I am about 6-0 (on a good day at least) and I still have to look up at him. As for 198, if that is accurate, he has got a lot of lean muscle. I'd guess that he'd be more around 180-190.

so your height fluctuates?

so your height fluctuates?

I know I'm not Tony Stevens but I grew 2" my freshman year from 6'2" to 6'4". So anything can happen. Even to taller people.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a lot of lean muscle, considering the workout program they have him on. 198 on a 6'4 frame would look awfully skinny, especially when his workout routine is so high paced (just like everything else under Gus)...but they do tend to add a little bit to official numbers, so I'd say 6'3-6'4 and 190-195 is probably pretty darned close.

Is Tony our tallest wide receiver?

Unless you include CJ Uzomah, who is kind of a hybrid TE and WR, I believe he is.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't have a lot of lean muscle, considering the workout program they have him on. 198 on a 6'4 frame would look awfully skinny, especially when his workout routine is so high paced (just like everything else under Gus)...but they do tend to add a little bit to official numbers, so I'd say 6'3-6'4 and 190-195 is probably pretty darned close.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have a lot of lean muscle, all I was saying was that to my eye, he doesn't look like he weighs 200 lbs. He definitely isn't as built as say Ricardo Louis or Sammie, but again, I believe that he is taller than both Louis and Coates.

6'3" or 6'4" is definitely spot on, but to my eye he looks closer to 185 than 195. I could be wrong (let's be honest, it HAS happened before) but that's just what it looks like to me.

Archived