Softball note

The team is struggling a bit as of late, but still a really good team and light years away from where we have been. Thought these were great little tidbits.

NCAA Stats: Nine home runs hit by the Tigers last week has them at 3rd in the nation (67). 32 hit all last season

NCAA STATS: After a four RBI weekend, Branndi Melero continues to hold the No. 2 spot in the nation for RBI. Now at 66 for the year. (It should be noted here the single season record for RBI at Auburn was 65.)

This team is currently tied for 10th in the SEC with 6 conference games to go. The top 10 teams go to the SEC Softball Tournament.

With an rpi of 20, we are definitely in the NCAA Regionals, even if we finish 11th in the Conference and don't make the SEC Tournament.

ETA: I agree WarTiger. This team is doing MUCH better than last year with essentially the same team.

Big fan of what Clint Meyers has done with the team. Their on base percentage is up because he has them swinging at good pitches. Hit a rough patch of late, but I think he will have them in the SEC trny and playing well there to advance to post season play.

Agreed! Coach is the real deal. I'm gonna stay optimistic about the baseball coach, but there is no doubt about the softballs team future. WDE!!!

With a strong finish and the notoriety of Clint Meyers, what are the chances Auburn gets to host a regional? I don't think our record gets us a Super-regional, but would be good to get a regional.

With a strong finish and the notoriety of Clint Meyers, what are the chances Auburn gets to host a regional? I don't think our record gets us a Super-regional, but would be good to get a regional.

My wild azz guess would be we won't be hosting. Depending on what happens the rest of the way through the SEC tournament we could possibly host or not even make the NCAA's. It's going to come down to how we finish.

What is our current W/L record? Information like this can often be hard to find.

Thanks

What is our current W/L record? Information like this can often be hard to find.

Thanks

AuburnTigers.com has current info on every AU team. It's the official site of AU athletics.

Thanks

AuburnTigers.com has current info on every AU team. It's the official site of AU athletics.

typing in Auburn softball into google takes about 2 seconds and the official Auburn softball page is the first link. I'm not sure what's so hard to find about that? Research isn't that hard unless you are too lazy to actually do it.

Archived