2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

Way way way better... Who's left? FSU?

Yup. I and the staff hope Kai takes that spot.

JMO, I bet the staff told him today, he was their number one guy on our QB list for the second take. I think he could be a silent which would be good news.

Possibly but I don't think so. I THINK he still favors FSU. It will be interesting to see if FSU takes Kai or Df.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JMO, I bet the staff told him today, he was their number one guy on our QB list for the second take. I think he could be a silent which would be good news.

Possibly but I don't think so. I THINK he still favors FSU. It will be interesting to see if FSU takes Kai or Df.

So (because thinking about every possible situation is fun) what happens if FSU takes DF and Kai warms back up to AU? Does he move above Lamar Jackson on our QB board?

I think Kai is more likely to pick Maryland than AU at this point. Seeing how Gibson plays out will be the key. If Gibson starts leaning hard to UTk, we press for Lamar.

But great news that UTk and tOSU are out if the running. Anyone know the last time Francois visited Oregon?

This may he covered but how do you pronounce his last name?

Kinda like frans-wah I think

In my opinion, this is a 2 horse race with AU and Fsu. Oregon is pushing hard for the QB out of Cali that just decommited from ND. I hope FSU takes Kai and we get DF, but would be ecstatic with Gibson as well.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

I'm still shocked that gibson likes utk after getting a commit but this is good news. I love when recruits screw ohio st. i hate that program. and don't get me started on their fans. them and uga/bama fans deserve each other. francois, how does he compare to gibson guys?

I'm still shocked that gibson likes utk after getting a commit but this is good news. I love when recruits screw ohio st. i hate that program. and don't get me started on their fans. them and uga/bama fans deserve each other. francois, how does he compare to gibson guys?

UT already has 2 4 star QB's committed. Gibson would be a 3rd QB in their class. Now regarding Francois, he is a much better passer than Gibson but Gibson is a much better runner.

The truth is that Francois is actually a lot more like our other commit, Tyler Queen. They are both very good throwing the ball. Tyler is a bigger QB than Francois. They will both be good.

So (because thinking about every possible situation is fun) what happens if FSU takes DF and Kai warms back up to AU? Does he move above Lamar Jackson on our QB board?

No. AU cooled on Kai. not the other way around.

Anyone know the last time Francois visited Oregon?

His trip for The Opening in 3 weeks will be his first. Likely won't matter. They are a token finalist anyway. He's not a take foe the Ducks. They are all in on the Barnett kid and on him hard.

AU might have a new #1 QB target after yesterday's visit. To say the visit went good is an understatement.

In the words of Martha, It's a good thing!

AU might have a new #1 QB target after yesterday's visit. To say the visit went good is an understatement.

I hope what AU spoke to him about was the cause for him foregoing his scheduled trips to UT and Ohio State. I would love for him to pull the trigger for us, and soon. Kai could go to FSU, and Gibson could still end up anywhere.

This is why folks need to keep an open mind about recruiting. Didn't even have a thread on him until less than a month ago and now he very well could be our #1 guy (after/along with Queen).

Excited anytime I see mutual admiration between coaches and a recruit at a key position.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

I was guessing fran-coy

This is why folks need to keep an open mind about recruiting. Didn't even have a thread on him until less than a month ago and now he very well could be our #1 guy (after/along with Queen).

Excited anytime I see mutual admiration between coaches and a recruit at a key position.

Agree.

I guess that we'll know soon enough! He's set to commit in 18-23 days. Won't stop me from checking his thread at every chance that I get though. :P

As things stand now he's planning to commit the end of July so you're looking at likely 37-44 days.

I guess that we'll know soon enough! He's set to commit in 18-23 days. Won't stop me from checking his thread at every chance that I get though. :P/>

As things stand now he's planning tp commit the end of July so you're looking at likely 37-44 days.

He's the one you want?

Agree.

He was my surprise pick for this class I think before the thread was even started. :hellyeah::Sing:

E, your sig... <_<

It takes a bold man to have an avatar pic like yours and criticize another for his sig pic. Stay bold, Dixie. Stay bold.

:poke:

I hope what AU spoke to him about was the cause for him foregoing his scheduled trips to UT and Ohio State. I would love for him to pull the trigger for us, and soon. Kai could go to FSU, and Gibson could still end up anywhere.

It looks like it might shake out just like that. Locksley to FSU, Francois to AU, Gibson to an inferior team like a Miami if he still thinks he can be a D1 QB. But he might wise up and sign as a WR on any number of better teams that already have QBs that can get it to him.

I guess that we'll know soon enough! He's set to commit in 18-23 days. Won't stop me from checking his thread at every chance that I get though. :P/>

As things stand now he's planning tp commit the end of July so you're looking at likely 37-44 days.

He's the one you want?

Between him, Kai, and Jackson yes. Between him and Gibson it's a toss up for me right now. If we can parlay Duke and Sammy's succes to a big time outside WR threat then I would lean DF. If not then I lean TG because at the very least he could be a big time outside WR if he does not win the QB job.

Archived