2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

@ChadSimmons_ #Scout300 QB Deondre Francois isnt announcing @ #TheOpening, but plans to commit at the end of the month. #Auburn, #FSU, #NotreDame, #Oregon

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched a thing about the Elite 11, and they said he was one of 4 guys who had an outstanding day today. They went on to say that he's a "FSU lean" and even mentioned Notre Dame before even mentioning us. With Kai dropping on our board, and the roller coaster with TG where do we go from here If we were to miss out on him?

Watched a thing about the Elite 11, and they said he was one of 4 guys who had an outstanding day today. They went on to say that he's a "FSU lean" and even mentioned Notre Dame before even mentioning us. With Kai dropping on our board, and the roller coaster with TG where do we go from here If we were to miss out on him?

We may either go for Lamar Jackson or not take another QB in this class. The latter would leave room for another OL or maybe LB.

We may either go for Lamar Jackson or not take another QB in this class. The latter would leave room for another OL or maybe LB.

My guess would be a 5th DL if we don't get a 2nd QB.

Tweets on Dre at the Elite 11 Finals Link

@TomVH: QB's have just been throwing to open receivers so far but Deondre Francois has looked good. #Elite11

@TDsTake: Kyler Murray has been ahead of the field with footwork, while Brandon Wimbush and Deondre Francois are flashing a ton of velocity on throws.

@LukeStampini: Top247 QB Deondre Francois starting to heat up in the PM session at #Elite11 per @bartonsimmons http://t.co/ssFEbnU4UL

@ChadSimmons_: #UCLA commit Josh Rosen and Deondre Francois are having very good afternoons here at the #Elite11. #Auburn #FSU #NotreDame #Oregon

@Phil_Sports: George Whitfield says Deondre Francois might have the most arm talent at the @Elite11 finals. Hard to argue so far

@JoshRecruitment: "@QBHitList: Deondre Francois @Deondre_3 At the #Elite11 Finals. He's got a rocket for an arm! http://t.co/79uAcZoS7t"

@TDsTake: Most impressive performers during Session 1 at Elite 11 include Kyler Murray, Josh Rosen, Deondre Francois and Brandon Wimbush. More to come

@Birm: Deondre Francois has a big arm - just needs to learn that not every throw has to be 1000mph.

@HamiltonESPN: #ESPN300 No. 49 Deondre Francois rips a seam route..."nice shot Deondre" rings out. #FSU #Oregon #Auburn #notredame

@HamiltonESPN: 2 quick #Elite11 early thoughts: #ESPN300 Deondre Francois -- ball is jumping off his hand. #ESPN300 Sam Darnold showing he belongs for sure

247 breakdown of Elite 11 Day 1

http://247sports.com/Article/Breaking-down-all-19-of-the-Elite-11-finalists-after-day-one-29489671

Deondre Francois – Francois had a good morning at the Elite 11 but we really woke up to his day in the afternoon. The uncommitted four-star put together a flurry of big-time throws and showed a live arm. **Top performer candidate

E -- if you made a crystal ball prediction on this, where would you put him, and what is our %?

I don't do %s and as for the CB I will not make a pick til he visits both schools in 2 weeks.

lol. You created The Opening thread and did not put the article in there.

I knew you'd help me out!

Nice :cheers:

E -- if you made a crystal ball prediction on this, where would you put him, and what is our %?

I'd say AU is right there with fsu. These next few visits are going to be very important. AU has gone "all in" with DF.

I'd say AU is right there with fsu. These next few visits are going to be very important. AU has gone "all in" with DF.

The "Bagman" has been deployed. ;)

He was the top guy in Elite 11, day two.

I hope I have the wrong impression, but do not think we land him.

Right now, it looks like FSU has the lead.

I should have clarified. I think ESPNU is doing something on the opening. I always forget it's technically two separate events. Anyway, looking on my watch ESPN app and it says it's airing tonight at 8 and 11pm, then tomorrow 7am, 1, 6, 8, and 11pm (all times EST). Of course, many of those times are probably reruns.

Is Elite 11 on tv at all? I'm in between jobs and while job hunting wanted to check stuff out.

The elite 11 only part is not on TV til August but the rest of The Opening which will include the QBs in 7 on 7 games is on the next 3 nights on ESPNU @ 7 CT.

He was the top guy in Elite 11, day two.

I hope I have the wrong impression, but do not think we land him.

Right now, it looks like FSU has the lead.

I see where you're getting that, but according to WDEWDE we're neck and neck with FSU. I trust his insider information more than anyone else on this board.

I agree with WDEWDE though, I think that it is definitely going to come down to who has the best visit with Dre. I think E mentioned that we get the last visit, which could be pivotal.

I think E mentioned that we get the last visit, which could be pivotal.

This is actually a situation where I would prefer to get the first of the 2 visits. We've had soo much momentum here to likely pull even that I would rather FSU not have the first remaining visit to break our momentum.

Archived