2015 4* QB Deondre Francois (FSU signee)

WarEagle84

I know we have Tyler Queen on board, but after watching Nick Marshall and what Gus did with him I wouldn't be opposed to never having a non-dual threat QB ever again play for Auburn unless we are talking about a Peyton Manning/Drew Brees level of arm talent/mental capability pocket passer. That's my personal opinion based on what kind of pressure it puts on defenses.

Just thinking about how much more on edge I am watching AU play a team with a dual threat QB vs an opponent with a pocket passer.

I really hope we land Francois.

2 thoughts:

1) Funny that you mention Drew Brees, b/c White is in that mold. Hard to say he'll be anywhere as good as Brees, but White against high school competition looks like Brees against NFL competition to some of us.

2) I think Marshall opened the door for Jason Smith to get a legit look at QB. We'd all love to see somebody come in and light it up through the air at Auburn- Lord knows it's been a minute- but I agree with you in that I'm all for whatever produces points and wins.

Great point about Jason Smith. And this is no slight to Nick Marshall, but you gotta think most guys wanting a shot at QB can pass at least at the level Marshall did last year.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we have Tyler Queen on board, but after watching Nick Marshall and what Gus did with him I wouldn't be opposed to never having a non-dual threat QB ever again play for Auburn unless we are talking about a Peyton Manning/Drew Brees level of arm talent/mental capability pocket passer. That's my personal opinion based on what kind of pressure it puts on defenses.

Just thinking about how much more on edge I am watching AU play a team with a dual threat QB vs an opponent with a pocket passer.

I really hope we land Francois.

2 thoughts:

1) Funny that you mention Drew Brees, b/c White is in that mold. Hard to say he'll be anywhere as good as Brees, but White against high school competition looks like Brees against NFL competition to some of us.

2) I think Marshall opened the door for Jason Smith to get a legit look at QB. We'd all love to see somebody come in and light it up through the air at Auburn- Lord knows it's been a minute- but I agree with you in that I'm all for whatever produces points and wins.

Great point about Jason Smith. And this is no slight to Nick Marshall, but you gotta think most guys wanting a shot at QB can pass at least at the level Marshall did last year.

Jason Smith will not play QB at AU unless our coaches feel that several of our QB's in the fold are not panning out the way they want. It could happen, but I doubt it.

What's the word?

Ita a terrible idea to ask that particular question. Lmao

What's the word?

Not sure I'm following you.

What's the word?

everybody knows the bird is the word!

What's the word?

everybody knows the bird is the word!

^^^

Well notice my right hand held onto to the railing.............. damn amazing if you ask me but I did drop the briefcase asap

Made my night!

Well notice my right hand held onto to the railing.............. damn amazing if you ask me but I did drop the briefcase asap

Made my night!

I'm so glad my pain can make you feel good....................................

Years of holding your PBR finally paid off

Years of holding your PBR finally paid off

Definitely wasn't any beer in the briefcase.

What's the word?

So are you following now??? Lol

What's the word?

So are you following now??? Lol

Yes lol.

Any updates from his trip? The quiet is killing me.

Got in late last night and expected to leave tonight is all I have seen so far.

Made my night!

I'm so glad my pain can make you feel good....................................

That was hilarious!

If it seems he starts to favor it will be said we cooled down on him last month and around 3 people will say they favored so and so instead of Dre, guarantee

If DF does not choose AU it's not because AU cooled on him.

If it seems he starts to favor it will be said we cooled down on him last month and around 3 people will say they favored so and so instead of Dre, guarantee

If DF does not choose AU it's not because AU cooled on him.

Come on cole, we cooled on him month before last. And besides, I favor such and such over so and so!!

Archived