Coker

AU64

I actually thought Auburn needed at least 200+ rush yards to have a chance to beat Alabama last year. I was right. BG was actually right too.

Here's mine and BG's rushing yards predictions before the Iron Bowl last year:

http://www.aufamily....ne/page__st__18

Apparently, BG knew what he was talking about.

Saying that Auburn would have needed 200+ on the ground last year to beat any decent team was only a half step more perceptive than saying that the team with the most points would win. The more important question is, did either of you think we actually would run for 250+? That would have been a notable prediction.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that ALL now see bg for what it-he- she really is. A very typical uater. What took so long?

The layoff this person had from this site to recover from the butt-hurt of the Kick 6. Dec-July was apparently the recovery time. Enjoy BG while it hangs around here for another 3 months before going back into hibernation.

Sorry, must have wandered in to a 2013 thread. Anything new going on not related to a game we've already played and won? :)

Sorry, must have wandered in to a 2013 thread. Anything new going on not related to a game we've already played and won? :)/>

You can't turn around in the football forum or here without bumping into one. Why don't you go find one?

Glad that ALL now see bg for what it-he- she really is. A very typical uater. What took so long?

The layoff this person had from this site to recover from the butt-hurt of the Kick 6. Dec-July was apparently the recovery time. Enjoy BG while it hangs around here for another 3 months before going back into hibernation.

...I leave every year, for the offseason, regardless of what happens in the Iron Bowl.

...I leave every year, for the offseason, regardless of what happens in the Iron Bowl.

Can we declare it an early off season for you this year?........

Sorry, must have wandered in to a 2013 thread. Anything new going on not related to a game we've already played and won? :)/>

You can't turn around in the football forum or here without bumping into one. Why don't you go find one?

I was looking for info regarding Coker so I clicked on the, yes, Coker thread. Little did I know it was a thread about a game already played and one in which he wasn't even on the team. If you know of a thread with info relating to Coker then I will happily "go find one". Perhaps a new thread titled "Iron Bowl Debate and Statistical Pissing Match" be created and then you could go find it and continue your ranting with the Updyke.

I was looking for info regarding Coker so I clicked on the, yes, Coker thread. Little did I know it was a thread about a game already played and one in which he wasn't even on the team. If you know of a thread with info relating to Coker then I will happily "go find one". Perhaps a new thread titled "Iron Bowl Debate and Statistical Pissing Match" be created and then you could go find it and continue your ranting with the Updyke.

Finally someone said it. Now back to the topic. I honestly think if Coker starts, there will be a team divide if they struggle or lose a game. See AU 2012.

Give me the 2010, and 2013 iron bowl wins where it absolutely tears their little bammer hearts out, over blow outs every year.

I think you'd need to blow us out before you can make that claim.

Finally someone said it. Now back to the topic. I honestly think if Coker starts, there will be a team divide if they struggle or lose a game. See AU 2012.

I think a lot of this is supposition based on message board chatter and talking head observations from people who haven't seen a single practice. I could see a frustrated team with either QB struggling. I think that always happens when there's two QBs who are close. But I think by UF, none of that will matter.

I honestly think if Coker starts, there will be a team divide if they struggle or lose a game. See AU 2012.

Any issues surrounding who started at QB for Auburn in 2012 were symptoms of a much larger problem. The only thing that wasn't wrong with that team was Jay Boulware, and even his punt return unit was suspect. And the train was already flying off the tracks in 2011; we got beaten 44-11 on average by our 3 main rivals, and that was with Gus Malzahn as our offensive coordinator (2012 really shouldn't have surprised us as much as it did).

Say what you will about bama- I've got plenty to say about their jerk coach and their awful fans, and I do think that they are on the back nine of saban's success there- but the cracks in their armor remain few and far between (Kiffin might be a big one, but we certainly can't assume that now). A QB controversy might turn them into a 8-9 win team instead of a 10-11 win team, but I'd view it as one problem in an otherwise structurally sound program as opposed to just another extension of a program in free fall, which is what we were in 2012.

All that said, nothing would make me happier than to be wrong, and I do expect some regression. I don't fancy McCarron an NFL-caliber QB- nor do I agree with his lifetime achievement invite to NYC any more than the Best Offensive Player on a Championship Team award that Ingram stole- but I do think he leaves bigger shoes to fill than he gets credit for.

I think Kiffin is the wildcard honestly. We haven't traditionally needed an all star at QB, but we have suffered in spots from untimely playcalling. It almost lost us the 2012 SECCG.

Kiffin has to decide if he wants to make his role about him or about the team, and which one he will pick remains to be seen. Though I don't love that he pushed for, and was allowed, to call the games from the sideline this year.

I think Kiffin is the wildcard honestly. We haven't traditionally needed an all star at QB, but we have suffered in spots from untimely playcalling. It almost lost us the 2012 SECCG.

Kiffin has to decide if he wants to make his role about him or about the team, and which one he will pick remains to be seen. Though I don't love that he pushed for, and was allowed, to call the games from the sideline this year.

Almost used the exact same word about Kiffin. I think we agree on that point. I won't tell anybody if you won't.

Kiffen can't make it "all about him". IT is ALL about the munchkin...

Kiffen can't make it "all about him". IT is ALL about the munchkin...

*Kiffin

Almost used the exact same word about Kiffin. I think we agree on that point. I won't tell anybody if you won't.

:)

That would be too easy. Half of the threads on the board go off topic to some degree. Very little info on the Coker -Sims situation leads to side talk. God forbid someone spend 10-20 extra seconds skimming and scrolling to look for some info.

Any truth to the rumor that Reno Hightower is in the mix as uat QB? After all, he was the best QB in the history of south Kearn County.......

That would be too easy. Half of the threads on the board go off topic to some degree. Very little info on the Coker -Sims situation leads to side talk. God forbid someone spend 10-20 extra seconds skimming and scrolling to look for some info.

can't we all just :grouphug:

Any truth to the rumor that Reno Hightower is in the mix as uat QB? After all, he was the best QB in the history of south Kearn County.......

Was it six or seven touchdown passes he threw in the big game? It was the white shoes.

can't we all just :grouphug:/>

occasionally :)

Sorry bg. I meant LAME k I t t I n...

Blake Sims to start against WVU. Saw this one coming. Can we get back to Coker talk and what not?

Well, not a lot to say until we see what happens Saturday. There will be tension if Sims struggles. If he plays well, coker will be a definite 2nd stringer and there won't be anything to talk about.

That about covers it. Now, can we get back to the childish arguments please? They entertain me.

Archived