Oh NO - Jonathan Mincy arrested

stoic-one

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHAT??!!! I live in Dothan and haven't heard this!!

It happened in HENRY county. My guess is somewhere between Abbeville and Headland. About 15-25 miles from Dothan.

Yea, I grew up in Dothan. Traveled 431 back and forth to Auburn in the late 80's, early 90's.

A quote I read said he was in the backseat, the bag was beside him and some "shake" (small crubs of weed) was on his shirt. To me, that sounds like the bag may have been thrown from the front seat, hit him and landed on the seat. If no one claimed it, they all go to jail. Just a theory.

A quote I read said he was in the backseat, the bag was beside him and some "shake" (small crubs of weed) was on his shirt. To me, that sounds like the bag may have been thrown from the front seat, hit him and landed on the seat. If no one claimed it, they all go to jail. Just a theory.

He better hope that is the truth, he gets a good attorney and the DA and judge are not Bammers.

Forrest Gump's mama said it best - "stupid is as stupid does."

Young man, you worked so hard and you had a great future ahead of you and then you throw it away for a bag of weed. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to anyone with a brain in their head.

92 in a 65 zone...really smart. But among other things I noticed...no mention of who the other guys were, AU students? kids from Atlanta? and who was driving?.....because that is what started the ball rolling for JM. The media jumped on the fact that an AU football player was involved and basically ignored the driver and other passengers. Some cop from Henry County probably could not wait to let the media know about this 'cause they only had the barest of facts.

Many of these kids on scholarship just don't get the message it seems....they are not like other students and are held to a higher standard...and that's part of the responsibility when they take the scholarship...and they also have a responsibility to avoid doing things that bring negative consequences for their team.

Another kid who apparently hasn't learned that who we select as friends makes a huge difference in our lives. The jails are full of naive guys who were just along for the ride and whose major sin was stupidity. Meanwhile the bammers will act like it never happened to one of their players...and Gus will do whatever he will do....and the first game of the season is just two months away.

Perhaps we could wait on even a few facts to come out before we send up the white flag for our defense as well as JM's career. The speed at which some of my AU brethren jump to conclusions and hit the panic button never ceases to amaze me.

2nd degree usually means the police found that he had his own personal stash but did not have any intent to distribute. I guess we shall see when the details start coming out.

Now here, amongst all the rubble, is a post that actually tells us something. Thanks!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11147844/jonathon-mincy-auburn-arrested-charged-marijuana-possession

""It was a routine stop on 431 near Great Southern Wood in Abbeville of a car doing 92 in a 65," Henry County Sheriff William Maddox told The Dothan Eagle. "The officer went to the car and smelled marijuana. There were two males and two females in the car and one of the males had shake all over his shirt sitting in the car in the back and there was a bag of marijuana near him. That person happened to be Jonathon Mincy of the Auburn football team."

Insult to injury with the all covered with shake thing.

Sounds like either someone launched the bag into the backseat or he rolled the last one and his skills are lacking. I'm going with someone launched the bag into the backseat and he was the innocent victim of a car ride that turned into an impromptu smokefest.

Hope he likes to run. Gus is going to eat him alive

That was actually my first thought. If I am in Hawaii, that may be one of the last phone calls I'd like to get. And that's saying something, because if I am in Hawaii, I don't want ANYONE to call me.

Hope he likes to run. Gus is going to eat him alive

That was actually my first thought. If I am in Hawaii, that may be one of the last phone calls I'd like to get. And that's saying something, because if I am in Hawaii, I don't want ANYONE to call me.

Gus was probably enjoying himself at the hookah bar when he received the phone call lol

Wtvy reported that they were doing 92 in a 65. That was probably why they were stopped in the first place. I hope this is not the Auburn fast I keep hearing about.

Well that figures. In fact, that's worse than possession of cannabis. You put innocent people at risk by that behavior.

These cannabis arrests are perplexing. There was LOTS of pot being used by students in AU when I was in school there, but I don't remember a single arrest for possession. We just sat in our apartments and listened to the Allman Bros or watched "Green Acres". Maybe on a nice day play some frisbee.

I suspect there is some extraneous stupid behavior associated with each incident.

Forrest Gump's mama said it best - "stupid is as stupid does."

Young man, you worked so hard and you had a great future ahead of you and then you throw it away for a bag of weed. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to anyone with a brain in their head.

:laugh: I love that saying. Who said a Bammer never contributed anything to society?

I'm gonna point out the silver lining: this is the first problem we've had all summer. And for what may not be his. I'll take that over the past issues with armed robbery, etc.

And for everyone saying "is it that hard to not be with someone else who has pot on them?" - these days yes. Guarantee someone you know, work with, or hang out with smokes and has some on them or in their car 90% of the time.

Sounds like either someone launched the bag into the backseat or he rolled the last one and his skills are lacking. I'm going with someone launched the bag into the backseat and he was the innocent victim of a car ride that turned into an impromptu smokefest.

Sorry, but if you are sitting in a car doing over 90 while other people are smoking pot, you are not an "innocent victim".

Sorry, but if you are sitting in a car doing over 90 while other people are smoking pot, you are not an "innocent victim".

You have one of those sweet new rides with brake pedals in the backseat too?!

Perhaps we could wait on even a few facts to come out before we send up the white flag for our defense as well as JM's career. The speed at which some of my AU brethren jump to conclusions and hit the panic button never ceases to amaze me.

Nawh... never stopped the crucifying before. That innocent till proven guilty is so way over blown old-school anyway.

You have one of those sweet new rides with brake pedals in the backseat too?!

Well, if you are suggesting he was being kidnapped, that would change things. :-\

Archived