Gus on ESPN

RunInRed

Asked whether he was anxious to get out there with a whistle around his neck, Gus responds, "Oh yeah! I wish it started today!"

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Malzahn cites Rhett Lashlee working with B on his footwork.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Who is B?

Not at work cause it's raining like mad. This is the first time I've watched espn since the big game. They love them some AU and Malzahn. Haven't even pressed the Marshall citation. This is weird.....

Rod Gilmore on Gus Malzahn: "He's changed the style of play. He wrote the book in 2003-04. ... He's forced everybody to change to him."

Ole Miss' Hugh Freeze says Gus Malzahn is "a trailblazer of sorts for people that believe the way we believe for offensive football."

@AUBlog

CFB Live just discussed whether Gus is the most influential coach in CFB. One 'yes', one 'Sumlin', one 'Spurrier'.

Only mention I heard of Bama was when Jameis Winston said Auburn and Bama were his biggest rivals.

CFB Live just discussed whether Gus is the most influential coach in CFB. One 'yes', one 'Sumlin', one 'Spurrier'.

Only mention I heard of Bama was when Jameis Winston said Auburn and Bama were his biggest rivals.

Just watched that. Rather remarkable they even had that discussion since, you know, ESPN hates us and all.

To the substance of the conversation, I'd have to give him a couple more years before calling him the most influential coach in D1 (unless you're taking about his influence on HS football). I don't see Sumlin in that discussion at all. He's made an impact on aTm, but not much influence outside his program.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Who is B?

Nick Marshall.

"B" = "Nick Marshall"?

Maybe I'm dense, but I don't see it.

@JoelAEricksonAU

Who is B?

Nick Marshall.

"B" = "Nick Marshall"?

Maybe I'm dense, but I don't see it.

I just know that Gus said that in reference to Nick during the interview. I'm guessing 'B' was a typo.

Just watched that. Rather remarkable they even had that discussion since, you know, ESPN hates us and all.

To the substance of the conversation, I'd have to give him a couple more years before calling him the most influential coach in D1 (unless you're taking about his influence on HS football). I don't see Sumlin in that discussion at all. He's made an impact on aTm, but not much influence outside his program.

Yeah, we're the current flavor of the season. Let's see if we can stay on top.

Gus is the perfect fit for Auburn! It's great to have him and I can only hope he will be here for a long, long time.

Programming heads up ...

Gus Malzahn is working Auburn football, even this early Monday morning, even with a 4:30 a.m. flight to Bristol and ESPN. He'll be all over the network's various platforms today...

Gus is one tireless worker. One could say almost a machine. I haven't seen 4:30 a.m. since I was in the military. I am proud to have him as the face of our football program.

Gus is the perfect fit for Auburn! It's great to have him and I can only hope he will be here for a long, long time.

...for that, we need to show respect to JJ too! It's him brought us 2 great coaches in bb ad fb ...

Anyone got anymore video clips from his shows? I have been working all day (still going too) and would like to watch them when I get time (already saw the previous one posted in this thread! THANKS!)

Archived