2015 3* JUCO DT Terrien Steele (Faulkner signee)

bikeriderga

Except Bono?

Thought he was in the 2 deep for a while?

He might have been. If he was he didn't do much.

Neither he nor Raven Gray ever made an impact.

Gray was not in the past 6 years though,

Nor did I say he was. Jesus.

My post was not condascending at all so there was no need for the overreaction. The point is though my OP only included the last 6 years. Your reply on Gray followed from that OP even though that OP was not included in these particular quotes. so I was simply reminding the OP was in 6 year window.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of Raven Gray, I saw him play in high school and if ever there was a "man among the boys", can't miss SEC and NFL prospect, it was Raven Gray. He never fully recovered from his first knee injury and grades were a problem for him but the guy was one helluva high school football player. The high expectations for him were not misplaced but the injured knee squashed that.

Totally off the Auburn topic (but in line with Mikey's comment), one of the best running backs I've ever seen in person (Bo and Caddy are ahead of him) played at my high school. His name was Carl Fair. He was truly unbelievable, but he had a learning disability. He couldn't get into school (originally signed with MSU... I'm from Starkville) and was placed at EMCC. He ran wild in JUCO, but again, couldn't get his grades in shape. Somehow UAB cheated him into school. He ran for 1,000+ his first year until he broke his leg Paul George-style. He came back but was never the same. Injuries and grades can completely destroy can't-miss prospects.

I remember a RB from Bham (I think) who was maybe 5-6 or 5-7 and both Auburn & UAT passed on him because they said he was too small to play RB in the SEC, so they recruited him as a DB. Anyhow, he ends up signing with Nebraska as a RB and he breaks all kinds of records.

I remember a RB from Bham (I think) who was maybe 5-6 or 5-7 and both Auburn & UAT passed on him because they said he was too small to play RB in the SEC, so they recruited him as a DB. Anyhow, he ends up signing with Nebraska as a RB and he breaks all kinds of records.

Ameer Abdullah from Homewood. He was caught in the struggle if Chizik not wanting to buy in to Gus' offense 100%. I think Gus would have signed him.

Ameer Abdullah from Homewood. He was caught in the struggle if Chizik not wanting to buy in to Gus' offense 100%. I think Gus would have signed him.

AU could have 100% signed him if AU would have recruited him all along. Kid was a huge AU fan growing up. AU made a late push but it was too late. I do believe Gus had other kids higher on the board and missed on one. Can't remember who they missed on.

We missed on Dee Hart, Mike Blakely, Isaiah Crowell and flirted with Savon Huggins, Jeremy Hill and many others.

And for those that may say we got Blakely, remember he originally signed with Florida and transferred to us after Muschamp took over.

The only back of those I think we really missed out on was Lattimore. I believe in our backfield he never would have been subjected to the workload and gotten hurt, as much. The ones you listed were all non factors in our offense. Glad we had Mason and have Artis-Payne and Grant. Our backfield is stacked and will stay that way for a long time.

The only back of those I think we really missed out on was Lattimore. I believe in our backfield he never would have been subjected to the workload and gotten hurt, as much. The ones you listed were all non factors in our offense. Glad we had Mason and have Artis-Payne and Grant. Our backfield is stacked and will stay that way for a long time.

He's explaining why we never offered Abdulla. Those guys he listed were much bigger fish and the thinking at the time was we'd get one or more of them.

So since we are stacked at RB, can we get back to the DT needs for 2015? Terrian Steele? Terrian makes the line of scrimmage his Terrain of Terror!

Has AU even offered Steele?

Good question. If so, it would indicate the Garner doesn't have quite as much "up his sleeve" as some seem to believe.

AFAIK, the answer is no..

Not too many D-Line players left on the board that are not trending someone else.

Of course we all have to understand, the 2015 HS and Jr. College season has not yet been played. Plenty of time for some 2-3 star to become a 4-5 star during the coming season.

Worth watching Terrien. He has some upsides and if he has a stellar year, could very well be a diamond in the ruff.

Guest jojo1515

Good question. If so, it would indicate the Garner doesn't have quite as much "up his sleeve" as some seem to believe.

Careful there...I got a bunch of crap for simply asking why DL recruiting wasnt going as well this year...surely you're not thinking of going against the masses are you? Cue the discussion about last years class in 3..2..1..

My point is that Mickey. I've never even heard of this kid till his name popped up here. So I do not believe AU has even talked to this kid more less offer him.

And I'm told Garner does have something "up his sleeve".

Careful there...I got a bunch of crap for simply asking why DL recruiting wasnt going as well this year...surely you're not thinking of going against the masses are you? Cue the discussion about last years class in 3..2..1..

The DL recruiting this year isn't as good as we like yet because the AU coaches got a late start, while coaching at AU, on the top kids AU wanted in this class. Look at who AU leads for on the DL for 2016.

I have a feeling RG is going to surprise some folk closed to NSD. IMO.

The DL recruiting this year isn't as good as we like yet because the AU coaches got a late start, while coaching at AU, on the top kids AU wanted in this class. Look at who AU leads for on the DL for 2016.

Would this "up his sleeve" notion have anything to do with a certain uat commit with the initials JL??

Would this "up his sleeve" notion have anything to do with a certain uat commit with the initials JL??

I really don't know.

But what about for 2015? We need some surprises on the DL for next year too cause we're doing very well in getting some top OL.

But what about for 2015? We need some surprises on the DL for next year too cause we're doing very well in getting some top OL.

There is a better than good chance we land Rochester from next years class and he is a 5 star DT. He is a monster.

There is a better than good chance we land Rochester from next years class and he is a 5 star DT. He is a monster.

His question is valid though. We lose a LOT off the d-line after this season. We need some warm bodies to play in 2015. 2016 recruits won't help with that.

Archived