2014 Fall Practice - Days 4, 5 & 6

RunInRed

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question for anyone in the know. How is the freshman DT Russell doing? I haven't seen anything said about him the early practice reports.

Thx!

Question for anyone in the know. How is the freshman DT Russell doing? I haven't seen anything said about him the early practice reports.

Thx!

Who is a freshman that stands out to Rodney Garner? DT Dontavius Russell, who looks like "a really good SEC player" at a position of depth.

@JFergusonAU

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

ok have to say this first, im not trying to be racist but auburn hasn't had a really good caucasian qb in a long time, hope he changes that, i believe he can

Seems like an unnecessary comment.

i didn't mean any offense apologize if i offended any

Maybe it's just me, I didn't really see that as racist. It's not like WFE was saying that the reason some of the Caucasian QBs at AU haven't been great was because they were white... I mean, it's just a simple observation. Clint Mosley and Barrett Trotter were not as good as we had hoped they'd be. Doesn't mean they aren't good people. I've met BT, he's a super nice guy, and has a good job as a talent scout with the Rams. Haven't met CM and haven't heard a thing about him since he left, but I have no reason to think that he is anything less than an upstanding citizen.

Everybody take a chill pill. It's going to be okay :D

this is what i meant but still i had my foot in my mouth, i understand people being upset, i can assure you i'm not racist, i didn't want this to turn into a race debate,i don't how i could prove that im not racist but made a mistake, but by saying that i am a christian and am a big believer in not judging and that includes people by race, racism is stupid and i don't even want my alias attached to that word, we can g back to talking about why we're here, AU. just wanted yall to see this

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

ok have to say this first, im not trying to be racist but auburn hasn't had a really good caucasian qb in a long time, hope he changes that, i believe he can

Seems like an unnecessary comment.

i didn't mean any offense apologize if i offended any

Maybe it's just me, I didn't really see that as racist. It's not like WFE was saying that the reason some of the Caucasian QBs at AU haven't been great was because they were white... I mean, it's just a simple observation. Clint Mosley and Barrett Trotter were not as good as we had hoped they'd be. Doesn't mean they aren't good people. I've met BT, he's a super nice guy, and has a good job as a talent scout with the Rams. Haven't met CM and haven't heard a thing about him since he left, but I have no reason to think that he is anything less than an upstanding citizen.

Everybody take a chill pill. It's going to be okay :D/>

this is what i meant but still i had my foot in my mouth, i understand people being upset, i can assure you i'm not racist, i didn't want this to turn into a race debate,i don't how i could prove that im not racist but made a mistake, but by saying that i am a christian and am a big believer in not judging and that includes people by race, racism is stupid and i don't even want my alias attached to that word, we can g back to talking about why we're here, AU. just wanted yall to see this

Man I didn't see anything overtly racist in what you said. Seems to me like one of those things that people think in the back of their minds but never think enough about it to say it or, even worse, post it on a message board. You had the misfortune of posting it. Just turn that filter up a notch and the next time you begin a sentence with "Im not trying to be racist ..." - think hard about present company.

I'm sure there are plenty of black qb's that can play in a pro style offense as well. Usually they scout a white qb as being accurate and smart and black qb's being athletic but needs to throw better or have trouble learning a play book or understanding

Thing about stuff like this is now what many like to do is go off about race cards and whatnot about everything and when an actual form of racism comes up it gets overlooked as well

Somebody said something like "Alright, girls"....I'm a girl and I think that's sexist!

haha, just kidding! I love all our guys and coaches, even the old gray-headed ones. Oh, wait, that's ageist!!!

Thanks, Red for posting all the pics and interviews!

Monty seems to think Carl will be back this year. He addresses it in the last 90 seconds or so in his interview.

Now statistically speaking... black QBs have outperformed white QBs in Malzahn's tenure at Auburn. And odds are they will likely continue to do so based on historical results. That doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, just the odds.

Statistically speaking, you don't have a large enough sample size to draw any conclusions. They offer statistics courses at AU. I suggest you take one.

Now statistically speaking... black QBs have outperformed white QBs in Malzahn's tenure at Auburn. And odds are they will likely continue to do so based on historical results. That doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, just the odds.

Statistically speaking, you don't have a large enough sample size to draw any conclusions. They offer statistics courses at AU. I suggest you take one.

Yep, until he tells me the correlation coefficient, standard deviation, and the margin of error in his statistical study, I'm going to think his statistics are full of crap.

Yep, until he tells me the correlation coefficient, standard deviation, and the margin of error in his statistical study, I'm going to think his statistics are full of crap.

Arguing race on a public forum is just like doing math in public— you don't do it! Both rules have been violated in one thread lol. But seriously white men can't jump.

Archived