2014 Fall Practice - Days 4, 5 & 6

RunInRed

I've been out of pocket for the last few days taking care of some personal matters but I'm back at it now ... a catch up thread ...

10519501_547183298718939_5096470796586474894_n.jpg

10577214_547104832060119_8963779984047763571_n.jpg

10534479_547104998726769_4238908488105184930_n.jpg

10174809_546819418755327_6993472342345623457_n.jpg

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on how J: Diamond is progressing?

He was a big "get" on signing day.

Thought I would have heard his name more by now.

Also missing time today was sr. CB Trovon Reed, who wasn't dressed out in pads w/ a soft brace over his right knee.

BuTUjGLCUAAXJrR.jpg

Opelika's own Stephen Roberts was receiving punts during the open media portion of today's Auburn practice.

Auburn's OL issues continue as sr. LG Chad Slade and soph. OT Austin Golson were both out of shoulder pads today.

BuTUhmaCEAAwjsN.jpg

BuTiMIZCQAAYYXX.jpg

Rhett Lashlee: It was good to be out in the heat, and we'll be playing that first day at about 3:30" (against Arkansas).

Lashlee on seeking improved maturity from Jeremy Johnson: "Just looking to see him really take that next step … to where you take charge."

Lashlee will focus on a lot of the young guys when the team goes full pads tomorrow. "It'll be really good for us to evaluate young guys."

Lashlee on WR Duke Williams: "So far after 4 days he's been great."

Lashlee on new RG Avery Young: "Avery's one of those guys along the whole O-line that can play all five spots."

Lashlee on OL changes: "We've got a whole month to get that continuity together" along the shuffled offensive line.

Lashlee on frosh QB Sean White: "His head's spinning, … our younger guys are having to play at a faster pace, … so I've been proud of him"

Lashlee said Nick Marshall has remained accurate this spring: "On Day 2 he was 15 of 17 against the defense." Has also put on 10-12 lbs.

Lashlee on Jeremy Johnson's role once Marshall returns as starter: "That's remained to be see. … I haven't even told him he's starting."

Lashlee on JJ: He's been pretty good, he's working really hard. … Says Johnson working to get over the hump in the maturation process.

via @AUBlog

Auburn staged a 70-play scrimmage Wednesday in Jordan-Hare mainly for the younger players, said Gus Malzahn

Gus Malzahn said Auburn is still in "fall camp instillation." Also, "young guys got the majority of the scrimmage."

Gus Malzahn said young players delivered "some pretty good licks out there" in Wednesday's scrimmage

Gus Malzahn said Wednesday's scrimmage in Jordan-Hare Stadium was run oriented.

Gus Malzahn said he has four punters vying for the starting job to replace Steven Clark

Auburn scrimmaged in the morning, will practice again this afternoon. Gus Malzahn said Tigers will work on "special situations" next.

BuYXwfRCEAEUdnD.jpg

@AUGoldMine

More from the scrimmage ...

Malzahn said OL Chad Slade, CB Trovon Reed and DL Devaroe Lawrence were held out of today's scrimmage.

Malzahn on Roc Thomas: "He's got a lot of ability. There's no doubt about that."

Malzahn on Brandon Fulse: "He has very good receiving skills. ... He has a lot of versatility."

Malzahn said Sean White and Tucker Tuberville were "live" today; Jeremy Johnson did not and won't throughout the fall.

@wareagleextra

Multiple reports seem to indicate Roc showed out today ...

Super pumped to see roc on the field this year, regardless of his role

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

ok have to say this first, im not trying to be racist but auburn hasn't had a really good caucasian qb in a long time, hope he changes that, i believe he can

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

ok have to say this first, im not trying to be racist but auburn hasn't had a really good caucasian qb in a long time, hope he changes that, i believe he can

Ban him

Sean looks like he could easily pack on a few more lbs of muscle without a problem. A year in Russell's S&C program will do him wonders on the field as an already gifted QB.

agree. No need to rush him on the field this year.

Archived