2014 Fall Practice - Days 4, 5 & 6

RunInRed

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

ok have to say this first, im not trying to be racist but auburn hasn't had a really good caucasian qb in a long time, hope he changes that, i believe he can

Seems like an unnecessary comment.

i didn't mean any offense apologize if i offended any

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

ok have to say this first, im not trying to be racist but auburn hasn't had a really good caucasian qb in a long time, hope he changes that, i believe he can

Usually when people are racist, it's without trying.

Your apology rings awfully hollow, but don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure your initial comment ensured that nobody will take very much you say seriously, anyway.

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

Wow! "not trying to be racist"? I'm speechless. Just WOW!

Is it just me? Last season I was a little concerned about marshalls ball handling while running it. There was a few times we got really lucky in some key games last year, and it left me cringing at moments. Im hoping they address, or have addressed that and maybe we will see some corrections there.

Is it just me? Last season I was a little concerned about marshalls ball handling while running it. There was a few times we got really lucky in some key games last year, and it left me cringing at moments. Im hoping they address, or have addressed that and maybe we will see some corrections there.

Not just you. We put a lot of balls on the carpet last year. We were lucky and got a lot of them back, but I agree- that area could use some cleaning up.

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

Maybe it's just me, I didn't really see that as racist. It's not like WFE was saying that the reason some of the Caucasian QBs at AU haven't been great was because they were white... I mean, it's just a simple observation. Clint Mosley and Barrett Trotter were not as good as we had hoped they'd be. Doesn't mean they aren't good people. I've met BT, he's a super nice guy, and has a good job as a talent scout with the Rams. Haven't met CM and haven't heard a thing about him since he left, but I have no reason to think that he is anything less than an upstanding citizen.

Everybody take a chill pill. It's going to be okay :D

Sean White ...

BuYEGBhIMAAfFWk.jpg

via @AUGoldMine

Maybe it's just me, I didn't really see that as racist. It's not like WFE was saying that the reason some of the Caucasian QBs at AU haven't been great was because they were white... I mean, it's just a simple observation. Clint Mosley and Barrett Trotter were not as good as we had hoped they'd be. Doesn't mean they aren't good people. I've met BT, he's a super nice guy, and has a good job as a talent scout with the Rams. Haven't met CM and haven't heard a thing about him since he left, but I have no reason to think that he is anything less than an upstanding citizen.

Everybody take a chill pill. It's going to be okay :D

It's not racist if it's true... :dunno:

racism = believing one type of person is more superior than the other because and only because of their skin color

bigotry = making assumptions on someone because of (in this case) their skin color

We are all bigots. Quit acting like (some) liberal democrats and using the racism word without knowing the true meaning of it.

Odds are, under Malzahn, black QBs will outperform white QBs not because of their skin color, but because they are (statistically speaking) more athletic. White QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a pro-style offense. Black QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a spread offense. That's not racism, that's statistics

racism = believing one type of person is more superior than the other because and only because of their skin color

bigotry = making assumptions on someone because of (in this case) their skin color

We are all bigots. Quit acting like (some) liberal democrats and using the racism word without knowing the true meaning of it.

Odds are, under Malzahn, black QBs will outperform white QBs not because of their skin color, but because they are more athletic. White QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a pro-style offense. Black QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a spread offense. That's not racism, that's statistics.

Link your statistics. Andrew luck and Johnny Football says hello.

Odds are, under Malzahn, black QBs will outperform white QBs not because of their skin color, but because they are (statistically speaking) more athletic. White QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a pro-style offense. Black QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a spread offense. That's not racism, that's statistics.

Nailed it.

Now, can we get back to some practice talk please?!?

The comment did have a tinge of "I hope he succeeds because he's white, and I like having a white QB." I have no idea if that's what he meant, but that's what it seemed. If that's the reading, racism is the proper term.

And, actually, this statement "black QBs will outperform white QBs . . . because they are more athletic" is definitionally racist. It's an assumption of superiority based on skin color. Evidence of white, athletic QBs (Andrew Luck, Johnny Manziel, Bryce Petty) be damned.

Odds are, under Malzahn, black QBs will outperform white QBs not because of their skin color, but because they are (statistically speaking) more athletic. White QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a pro-style offense. Black QBs are statistically more likely to end up in a spread offense. That's not racism, that's statistics.

Cool. I totally agree that we're all bigoted to some extent. And you might have a point with the semantics, despite the current common usage of the word racism being what it is ("literally" now means the opposite of what "literally" used to mean, also).

But 1) seeing how Malzahn's top QB recruits in the 2014 and 2015 classes are white, he must disagree that a black QB will be more successful in, ya know, his offense. And 2) what's not cool is WFE12 essentially saying that he hopes Auburn has a white QB soon. And, yes, that is what, "Hopefully Sean White breaks the trend of Auburn not having a really good white QB" means.

Also, if having some concept of what is appropriate to say "in public"- much less actually think- makes one a liberal Democrat, then paint me blue all day, baby.

And, actually, this statement "black QBs will outperform white QBs . . . because they are more athletic" is definitionally racist. It's an assumption of superiority based on skin color. Evidence of white, athletic QBs (Andrew Luck, Johnny Manziel, Bryce Petty) be damned.

Under Malzahn there have been the following QBs... and I stated clearly, "Under Malzahn"...

Chris Todd - blah

Kodi Burns - ehhh, but blah

Cam Newton - quite good

Barrett Trotter - blah

Clint Mosely - blah

Nick Marshall - quite good

Now statistically speaking... black QBs have outperformed white QBs in Malzahn's tenure at Auburn. And odds are they will likely continue to do so based on historical results. That doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, just the odds.

And it's easy to point out the exceptions, like Manziel and Tebow. But Andrew Luck? If anything that further proves my point. I said white QBs are better in pro-style offenses, which I believe is what Andrew Luck played in.

Count the # of QBs in spread offenses. You'll see more black QBs in them. Count the # of QBs in pro-style offenses. You'll see more white QBs in them.

I failed to mention that Dylan Thompson, Bo Wallace, and Jeff Driskel will all run spread-based offenses.

And we shouldn't forget the athleticism of Jake Locker at the pro level.

Plus, I'm not sure what to do with Dak Prescott or Colin Kaepernick. Which way do they count? Both had white mothers and black fathers. Does all the athleticism come from their dads?

Chris Todd - blah

Dude compiled one of Auburn's best passing seasons ever and led one of Auburn's better overall offenses with a busted throwing shoulder. Also, you only included Malzahn's QBs at Auburn.

Under Malzahn there have been the following QBs... and I stated clearly, "Under Malzahn"...

Chris Todd - blah

Kodi Burns - ehhh, but blah

Cam Newton - quite good

Barrett Trotter - blah

Clint Mosely - blah

Nick Marshall - quite good

Now statistically speaking... black QBs have outperformed white QBs in Malzahn's tenure at Auburn. And odds are they will likely continue to do so based on historical results. That doesn't mean it CAN'T happen, just the odds.

And it's easy to point out the exceptions, like Manziel and Tebow. But Andrew Luck? If anything that further proves my point. I said white QBs are better in pro-style offenses, which I believe is what Andrew Luck played in.

Count the # of QBs in spread offenses. You'll see more black QBs in them. Count the # of QBs in pro-style offenses. You'll see more white QBs in them.

go ahead and include J-Wall and Frazier and yes Andrew luck is a beast. He runs just as fast as Cam and throws just as good.

Andrew Luck is a perfect example on both sides of the argument. People assume he's unathletic, but check those combine numbers. He's one of the most athletic QBs in the NFL. So is Aaron Rodgers for that matter (who runs a spread passing offense by the way). Not every black QB is Cam Newton. Not every white QB is Tom Brady. You could replace Kaep with Luck, and that offense wouldn't miss a beat. Even in the read option portions.

Chris Todd - blah

Dude compiled one of Auburn's best passing seasons ever and led one of Auburn's better overall offenses with a busted throwing shoulder. Also, you only included Malzahn's QBs at Auburn.

Sorry Mc....some people on this site have no appreciation of history....

Andrew Luck is a perfect example on both sides of the argument. People assume he's unathletic, but check those combine numbers. He's one of the most athletic QBs in the NFL. So is Aaron Rodgers for that matter (who runs a spread passing offense by the way). Not every black QB is Cam Newton. Not every white QB is Tom Brady. You could replace Kaep with Luck, and that offense wouldn't miss a beat. Even in the read option portions.

This!

Archived