BOYCOTT THE ORANGE

SKCAUB

Say what you want about the insignificance of my protest...but I will NOT be watching the pretenders in the OB...and I will not be buying anything from anybody who does advance advertising for the OB.

That's my litte way of saying &*$% the BCS! :angry::au:

I think I am going to be washing my hair that night... or doing my nails or something... ANYTHING but watching that game.

However, I hope the Sooners knock the living CRAP out of USC. It isn't USC's fault that they play in a crappy conference, but they are the pretenders to the throne here, and it is time to settle once and for all who the top two conferences are - and the Pac-10 AIN'T one of them. If it can't be the SEC, then the Big XII and those big ole cornfed Okies will just have to take care of business.

Get over it.

I agree that you guys have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are the best in the country. However, those two schools deserve to be there also. They might not deserve it as much as :au: , but they have proved themselves this year too. So to call them "pretenders", you are starting to sound like a buch of :uf: fans, :P .

Beat the hokies!!

:ut:

Yeah, I'll probably watch with the hopes of seeing the left coast'ers get run over by a freshman. I can and will get over the fact that Auburn got screwed out of another NC but I'm not sure I'll get over the free pass that USC got this year....just ridiculous.

War Damn Sooner!

USC 17

OU 28

Get over it.

I agree that you guys have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are the best in the country.  However, those two schools deserve to be there also.  They might not deserve it as much as  :au: , but they have proved themselves this year too.  So to call them "pretenders", you are starting to sound like a buch of  :uf: fans,  :P .

Beat the hokies!!

129740[/snapback]

I didn't call Oklahoma a pretender - I called USC a pretender. OK should have been #1, IMO. If USC played half the schedule AU or OK played, and won a championship game, I wouldn't have a complaint.

And to top it all off, there is the world's most incredibly obnoxious USC fan in my office who has been crowing all year long about how great the PAC-10 is - puhleeze. Spare me. So now I want OK to wipe the floor with USC so he can shut the hell up.

And don't EVER call me a Gator fan. :angry:

Get over it.

I agree that you guys have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are the best in the country.  However, those two schools deserve to be there also.  They might not deserve it as much as  :au: , but they have proved themselves this year too.  So to call them "pretenders", you are starting to sound like a buch of  :uf: fans,  :P .

Beat the hokies!!

129740[/snapback]

Maybe sounding more like a Tenn. fan. You should get together with Kevin over a beer and see if he wants to play again :poke:

Maybe sounding more like a Tenn. fan. You should get together with Kevin over a beer  and see if he wants to play again :poke:

Wow! Not trying to fan any flames but that was damn good...nice one PT! :D

Maybe sounding more like a Tenn. fan. You should get together with Kevin over a beer  and see if he wants to play again :poke:

Wow! Not trying to fan any flames but that was damn good...nice one PT! :D

129763[/snapback]

:D:D:D (Big Burnt Orange smiles)

Wow! I've got 2/5 of a bushel of oranges at the house! I think I'll just cut a hole in 'em one at a time, suck the juice outta them, rip them open, eat the pulp, spit out the seeds and throw the peelings away!!

Hey, that puts me in the pic w/ Jane Fonda and John Kerry!

WAR EAGLE!!

Guys,

I am as big of an Auburn fan that there is. I have had season tickets for several years and would have absolutely loved going to the Orange Bowl. However, I am not going to "protest" the Orange Bowl in any way shape or form. I am going to watch and enjoy much like I do the Super Bowl or even the Ohio St./Michigan game for that matter.

As much as I think Auburn could, should and deserves to be in the OB, so do Oklahoma and USC. The fact still remains that USC and Oklahoma started the season at 1 and 2 and are 12-0 just like Auburn.

So you guys can protest, not watch the game, not buy from sposnors of the game or whatever. As for me, I am going to enjoy the Orange Bowl. Just think of how much sweeter it will be when Auburn plays in the Championship game!!

I also hope that the Auburn players do not have the same attitude of some of the AU Nation. If that is the case, we are going to get spanked by a very good (the best team we have played all year) Virginia Tech team!

War Eagle

Put my name on the petition. I hope we beat Virginia Tech and the electricity gets cut off at the Orange Bowl the next night. Whichever team loses that game will go back home and weep over their 5-6 previous national titles. Meanwhile the best team in the nation is playing in the Sugar Bowl. Who wants to see #2 play #3 anyway? B)

WAR EAGLE!!!

But to be fair, UTMike, #2 for UT did have a great game. I'll give him that...it's not like rolled over for Carnell and Ronnie, he came to play just like our RB's did. To tell you the truth, I was getting nervous there in the 3rd quarter...but we held on!

Archived