Sirius XM College Tour - Auburn

juscAUse

Slightly off topic, but are the AU games carried on Sirius radio?

yep

OK, in the meantime, I looked it up and found out they are the "official satellite radio partner" of various schools, including Auburn.

Does this mean they will carry every AU game? I can't tell from their website and they won't tell me until a choose a package.

Sirus/XM broadcast every Auburn game, but the broadcast may or may not be the Auburn Radio Network broadcast. Depending on game time and how many other games they are broadcasting at the time they may carry both teams radio broadcast or just one of the team's. This means that you will be able to listen to the game, but you may or may not hear Rod Bramlett and Stan White. The same is true of their SEC basketball broadcast.

Thanks for the response.

I have a 3 month trial subscription in my car so I will have a chance to try it out. The only way I would pay for a subscription is if I can listen to all of the AU games.

It used to be that I could get the games on the internet for free, but apparently - from last year - they don't allow stations to do that anymore.

FYI if you call them to cancel right before your trial ends, they will offer you a 5-6 month deal for roughly $5/month, call and cancel before it's up, rinse and repeat. Or pay $13 per month.......

yep

OK, in the meantime, I looked it up and found out they are the "official satellite radio partner" of various schools, including Auburn.

Does this mean they will carry every AU game? I can't tell from their website and they won't tell me until a choose a package.

Sirus/XM broadcast every Auburn game, but the broadcast may or may not be the Auburn Radio Network broadcast. Depending on game time and how many other games they are broadcasting at the time they may carry both teams radio broadcast or just one of the team's. This means that you will be able to listen to the game, but you may or may not hear Rod Bramlett and Stan White. The same is true of their SEC basketball broadcast.

Thanks for the response.

I have a 3 month trial subscription in my car so I will have a chance to try it out. The only way I would pay for a subscription is if I can listen to all of the AU games.

It used to be that I could get the games on the internet for free, but apparently - from last year - they don't allow stations to do that anymore.

FYI if you call them to cancel right before your trial, they will offer you a 5-6 month deal for roughly $5/month, call and cancel before it's up, rinse and repeat. Or pay $13 per month.......

Im almost positive they broadcast every AU game. Last year's Tennessee game was broadcast with the UT network guys and they were such homers that I could barely listen to it. To hear them tell it, most positive AU plays were due to an uncalled penalty. It really makes you appreciate how professional Rod and Stan are.

yep

Thanks for the response.

FYI if you call them to cancel right before your trial ends, they will offer you a 5-6 month deal for roughly $5/month, call and cancel before it's up, rinse and repeat. Or pay $13 per month.......

Thanks for the tip. I like the way you think!

$13/mo is a very hard sell for someone who takes their car out no more than 3 times a week. In fact, I couldn't do that without hiding it from my wife. I wonder if they accept cash? ;D

Interesting insight into the RB battle:

The battle among Auburn's two senior running back apparently has a leader.

Cameron Artis-Payne has had the hot hand in practice, according to center Reese Dismukes.

"I think it'll probably be maybe Cameron Artis-Payne that'll probably start off with that (starting) role," Dismukes said on SiriusXM's College Sports Nation on Monday. "I think coach Malzahn, these coaches do a good job of whoever's hot is going to get the ball and they want the ball in that person's hands."

read more

Archived