Cody Parkey traded...

WFE12

Cody Parkey got traded to the eagles for a RB ...

The Eagles acquired kicker Cody Parkey from the Colts for running back David Fluellen. Both players were waived in recent hours, although waivers do not process until 4 p.m., so they were instead exchanged.

Parkey, a rookie from Auburn, is 2 for 2 on field goals this preseason with a long of 45 yards. His strength is kickoffs, and he led college football with 69 touchbacks last season. He was 15 of 21 on field goals as a senior, including 5 of 6 from 40-49 yards and 1 of 4 from beyond 50 yards.

The Eagles are still searching for answers at kicker. They still need to see more from Alex Henery in the final two preseason games, and they have not been impressed with rookie Carey Spear this summer.

Fluellen had 25 rushing yards, 14 receiving yards, and one touchdown in one preseason game. The Tuesday trade for Kenjon Barner made Fluellen even more expendable.

Read more at http://www.philly.co...l1gJYh1M35PX.99

Parkey is having quite a night. 3 for 3 on field goals with 2 over 50 yards.

Philly may have found their kicker.

I know i'm biased but Parkey shows that hes got what it takes both between the ears and in the leg. If its even close enough to discuss, i think its clear that Parkey with more career ahead of him is the best choice

Just saw on another site someone reporting that Corey Lemonier tweeted CP made the Eagles roster.

How's that for 4th or 5th hand info.

Congrats to CP if true!

ETA: Eagle's fan reaction.

• 3 weeks later...

Just kicked the game winner,even though the eagles got away with some calls...cool to see him make his first game winner War Eagle

Archived