Coach Tuberville's Promise

maryland tiger

I'll put it this way. If we beat VT, unless we jump to #1 in the AP - we aren't national champions. However, I will still feel that his statement is vindicated.

That being said, I want to see the same drive from him next year as this year, and I will still be worried the next time he has to hire a coordinator.

No way does it count! All this season proves is that even when the inept coaching and leadership of CTT and his staff is able to catch the proverbial lightning in a bottle and win all of our games, he still can't win us a national championship.

Run this guy out of town and quickly. Stop the humiliation of us having to suffer through undefeated seasons for nothing.

Guest Tigrinum Major
No way does it count!  All this season proves is that even when the inept coaching and leadership of CTT and his staff is able to catch the proverbial lightning in a bottle and win all of our games, he still can't win us a national championship.

Run this guy out of town and quickly. Stop the humiliation of us having to suffer through undefeated seasons for nothing.

130132[/snapback]

And while we are at it, run Borges out of town also. He reminds me too much of Bowden (little overweight, short, red faced.)

And what about Chizik...his defenses remind me too much of Hall's back in Dye's heyday, fast undersized linebackers that reak havoc on everyone and DBs that will lay the wood to a receiver.

If we keep these jokers around another year, we might have to go through MORE trips to Atlanta and such nonsense as that.

Let's go hire someone who will talk about calling their daddy at halftime of the Florida game and skip out on Thursday practices to go see James Taylor at Oak Mountain...

Amen brothers, I been preachin' that for years. Those long runs in the SECCG by UT prove Chizik is washed up. And Borges, well he absolutely ruined Campbell's chances at a pro career by having him wear his arm out throwing the ball all over the field. And why didn't we tack on another one there at the last against UT??? That is way too much class for me.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I will still be worried the next time he has to hire a coordinator.

130129[/snapback]

Yeah, Petrino, Borges, and Chizik have been real busts...

I have read all kinda articles that all they do in justification of the BCS game is refer to well OU and USC have colorful tradition, or you can't drop them because they were 1 and 2 and thats how we stuck to em, hell I even read a article talking about how USC and OU were just more attractive........ this BCS stuff this year was no better than freaking high school elections for class president or something.

Sorry but anyone that blasts Tuberville because he didn't get us in the one or two slot is crazy. Just look at the media painted our game with Alabama and USC's game with UCLA.

Campbell said it best, as far as the rest of the football world goes Auburn has been held to a different standard all year long with the voters.

130129[/snapback]

130155[/snapback]

Well, there was Mazzone, Lovett (hold overs from Old Mess) and Nallsminger. It's a mixed bag.

Guest Tigrinum Major

130129[/snapback]

130155[/snapback]

Well, there was Mazzone, Lovett (hold overs from Old Mess) and Nallsminger. It's a mixed bag.

130218[/snapback]

Mazzone was the hot name a few years back for a head coaching job and Lovett wasn't a bad DC. They were victims of a bad year, and specifically a bad game. I would not consider them as bad hires, but they held on too long. They should have split when they still had options. Frannie kickin' our butt that year cost them their jobs.

I will give you Nallsimger. That was a disaster from the get go. But I also think that Tommy became enamored with Petrino's offense and Nall wanted to take them in a different direction but couldn't.

Mazzone is only good when he has a very cerebral QB behind center (ala Leard or Rivers). He has no idea what to do with a more athletic QB and is very predictable in his playcalling. He isn't on anyone's short list for head coaching jobs anymore.

Lovett had a few good games (Florida 2001 for instance) and when the game plan he drew up surprised the other team, it was effective. But the most critical problem was that neither of them seemed to be able to do anything to adjust to what the other team was doing. If Plan A wasn't working, there didn't seem to be a Plan B forthcoming.

And Clemson just fired Lovett today.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Mazzone is only good when he has a very cerebral QB behind center (ala Leard or Rivers).  He has no idea what to do with a more athletic QB and is very predictable in his playcalling.  He isn't on anyone's short list for head coaching jobs anymore. 

Lovett had a few good games (Florida 2001 for instance) and when the game plan he drew up surprised the other team, it was effective.  And Clemson just fired Lovett today.

But the most critical problem was that neither of them seemed to be able to do anything to adjust to what the other team was doing.  If Plan A wasn't working, there didn't seem to be a Plan B forthcoming.

130231[/snapback]

Valid points all. My point is, I will not be nervous next time TT hires a coordinator. I think he has done a pretty decent job with the exception of the Nallsminger situation. My smart aleck comments aren't really meant to start a debate, it's just my personality...

Archived