3 Improvements AU needs for another championship run.

ReidMcLain

There's no question. Our defense MUST be meaner and STOP giving up the big plays and lots of points. Just because our offense can score 59, that doesn't mean it's ok if our defense gives up 41 or 42.

I'd take 59-42 every game, personally.

we need to give up way, way fiewer "big plays" on D.

I think we can all agree about that. We laugh about it now, but that big one that bama hit on us was a very, very bad thing.

I was watching some of those undersized guys playing for Boise St, and how hard they were hitting, making solid open field stops, solo, and was thinking " Why can't WE see that from our guys ? " .

There's no question. Our defense MUST be meaner and STOP giving up the big plays and lots of points. Just because our offense can score 59, that doesn't mean it's ok if our defense gives up 41 or 42.

Our D can hold them to 41 not 42

As long as Ole Ellis can get it together...

As long as Ole Ellis can get it together...

No chance. He's been here for 17 years and he hasn't gotten it together yet. /sarcasm

Sometime I think some of our fans spend way to much time listening to the media instead of thinking on their own. I know Chizik let the bottom drop out after 2010, and that as made some folks a little shaky, but have a little faith and believe in this team.I think Gus and company have earned that WDE

Sometime I think some of our fans spend way to much time listening to the media instead of thinking on their own. I know Chizik let the bottom drop out after 2010, and that as made some folks a little shaky, but have a little faith and believe in this team.I think Gus and company have earned that WDE

Was joking. Have tons of faith in this team and the coaches.

:wareagle:

Question to the OP. Why do you think it is imperative for us to improve on last year, when we in fact won the SEC last year ? Every major opponent is either as good or worse than last year ( uat, LSU, Ga and ole miss all being worse). Don't get me wrong, I hope that we improve across the board and feel very confident that this team is indeed better on both sides than they were last year, even with the loss of several stars. That said I think that it is a given by logical thinkers ( that does not include mullets or media experts) that AU returns in better shape than any SEC team. One thing to pay close attention to is TAM's whipping of USCe had a lot to do with them returning a senior OL with 107 starts among them. That said AU is a close second in the SEC with a senior line with 91 Starts. That I think will pave the way for this offense to be unstoppable. WDE. Bring on the pigs.

Auburn May have won the SEC last year, but 4 of those games were very close. I wouldn't mind you know.. winning every game by two touchdowns. Take off your Orange and Blue glasses, and without a few 4th quarter heroics, Auburn ends the regular season 7-5. The line between 11-1 and 7-5 is a LOT thinner than you think

Question to the OP. Why do you think it is imperative for us to improve on last year, when we in fact won the SEC last year ? Every major opponent is either as good or worse than last year ( uat, LSU, Ga and ole miss all being worse). Don't get me wrong, I hope that we improve across the board and feel very confident that this team is indeed better on both sides than they were last year, even with the loss of several stars. That said I think that it is a given by logical thinkers ( that does not include mullets or media experts) that AU returns in better shape than any SEC team. One thing to pay close attention to is TAM's whipping of USCe had a lot to do with them returning a senior OL with 107 starts among them. That said AU is a close second in the SEC with a senior line with 91 Starts. That I think will pave the way for this offense to be unstoppable. WDE. Bring on the pigs.

Auburn May have won the SEC last year, but 4 of those games were very close. I wouldn't mind you know.. winning every game by two touchdowns. Take off your Orange and Blue glasses, and without a few 4th quarter heroics, Auburn ends the regular season 7-5. The line between 11-1 and 7-5 is a LOT thinner than you think

Yep. I don't know any coach or player who's not looking to improve.

Recap on my 3 points.

1. Secondary non existent

2. Special teams actually solid besides the missed field goal. I'd give them a B+. Great return by Corey grant to start the 2nd half.

3. We fumbled twice. That's two times too many

Recap "We won again by 24 over a SEC west team that had spent their whole off-season trying to beat us" my thought is you take your recap to BOL some of your buddies might listen. WDE

Recap "We won again by 24 over a SEC west team that had spent their whole off-season trying to beat us" my thought is you take your recap to BOL some of your buddies might listen. WDE

Amen!!!

I'm not saying we did good or bad necessarily. I already stated that we are fully capable of an SEC championship run. Just because you win by however many points doesn't mean you don't have defencies on your team. My biggest concerns were the pass rush and the worse than last season pass defense. I do have to give Ellis Johnson his due for the half time adjustments though. Arkansas getting shut out the 2nd half was no accident.

Definitely, defense played the way they should in the second half. Something to work towards and build positively on that.

Archived