VT head coach voted for Auburn

mugz

From AuburnSports.com

Virginia Tech head coach Frank Beamer will be taking his 10-2 Hokie squad to New Orleans for the New Year to battle the 12-0 Auburn Tigers. However, if it was up to him, Beamer would be playing someone other than Tommy Tuberville’s team. Beamer has one of the votes in the ESPN/USA Today’s Coaches Poll. Although the coaches voted to keep the individual ballots from being disclosed to the public, the Virginia Tech head man wasn’t afraid to say who he thought should be playing for the BCS national title.

Can you say scared. :no::no::(

Hey Tigers! My first post to y'alls forum... looking forward to a killer game.

BUT... my friend, I think your interpretation is a bit misguided..... Richmond's paper had an article yesterday with that observation, but it was in the light that he thinks Auburn should be ranked higher and playing in the national championship.

Respect? YEP SCARED?? :no::no:;)

Looking forward to bantoring with you Tigers over the next several weeks!

Team Hokie!

I dont think he's scared at all. He's just showing us respect. He and his team dang sure weren't scared when they took USC to the wire, and possibly could have won without the blown call. I think coaches in top programs look forward to challenges like this. They're ranked what, 9th, we're 3rd? Think Richt was scared when he came to town this year? What about Tuberville last year when we knocked off #7 Arkansas and #7 UT as a low ranked or unranked team? Look at UNC... they couldn't have been scared to knock off one of the country's elite programs. Comments like that make it seem like we're God's gift to football (like the CBS announcer thought UT was), and we're not. We've had a very good run, and a fortunate season.

Welcome to the board, 86. Looking forward to playing you guys.

That's respect, not fear. Frank is very respectful of other programs and always talks highly of each opponent, even Temple :D

You will hear nothing but compliments from Frank from now til gameday.

I've always liked Beamer and his style of football. I'm looking forward to a good game. I think this game will be more of a challenge for us than the SECCG.

i like beamer (i liked him a lot after he handed it to bama a while back then if i'm not mistaken pulled his name out of consideration for the job during the francis search). his style of football freaks me out a little. pollack blocked a kick 3 games ago. now bliss is shanking and dropping snaps? not the way i wanna go into a game against the head coach with the most blocked punts in ncaa history. that's one area we HAVE TO shore up before sugar time.

and beamer is not scared of us. he's coached in the national title game. he just beat miami at miami. he's got no reason to be scared of playing anyone.

7-3 the last 10 years against Miami.

Beamer did come up for the Bama job but he quickly said he was not interested. I think he knew the pressure of that job was beyond what he wanted to deal with.

Beamer's a class act and coaches solid football teams.

Their special teams performance is scary indeed.

I think out of the teams that were left, we got a good draw, even though they have two losses. I look forward to a physical game which I believe favors us.

Welcome, to all the Hokie posters and let's look forward to a great game.

Beamer has always been a class act and I like the guy.

No way he is scared of Auburn, he is just giving us respect.

VT has been playing really good ball, they always have excellent special teams and the defense for them is very stout this year.

We might have just gotten the toughest draw of any of the BCS teams despite what the rankings say.

CTT said that Joe Pa was the one who gave all 3 a 1/3 vote on Finebaum.

what is a good Va Tech message board to go to?

what is a good Va Tech message board to go to?

I think they said TechSideline or something...

130238[/snapback]

Techsideline is the most popular Tech message board ...http://www.techsideline.com/message_board/football/

There are a handful of others ... for example, our board on theRivals network is populated largely by people who have an ax to grind with TSL or with our athletics program or with life in general ...

Our board on the Scout/Insiders network has relatively little traffic and is mostly populated by fans from other schools.

Archived