Hey War Eagle Nation!

Hokie86

While I haven't been one to go to our competition's boards too often, for my respected Tiger friends... I've made an exception! :D

Ever since I was a kid growing up, I've been a "backseat" fan of Auburn... even through some of your leaner years!! SO, I'm ecstatic that my Hokies are playing you in the SB. A win-win scenario for sure. I'm TOTALLY stoked that we're meeting y'all .... and really look forward to partying with some of you in Nawlins!

A few questions. I plan on driving down from Richmond to New Orleans, and while passing through, thought it'd be a perfect time to visit Auburn's campus... maybe spend the night in town. How far of a drive is it from there to New Orleans? If I decide to do that, any recommendations as to things to see while in Auburn? Places to say? Any good Pubs?? My 12-yo son will be with me, so I thought it'd be cool to visit Auburns sports hall of fame?? Sports museum?? Open to all suggestions!

"Let the good times roll!"

Hokie86

Hey Hokie86, Welcome aboard!!

I think the drive from Auburn is about 6 hrs.?? I may be wrong about that!

While in Auburn, you must visit Toomer's Corner and try some of their world famous lemonade...its a must!

I know there is a sports museum but I am not sure of the name, maybe someone could chime in with some info about that.

Again, Welcome aboard and we look forward to meeting you all in the SB!!! War Eagle!

man you and your son are in for a long road trip from Richmond. I use to live in Norfolk and made the trip alot from Auburn. Straight up 85 you are about 10 hours from Auburn to Richmond and then another 6 to New Orleans. I think the sports hall of fame is on the corner of Samford and South Donahue right next to the football practice field. Enjoy the game

Guest Tigrinum Major
A few questions.  I plan on driving down from Richmond to New Orleans, and while passing through, thought it'd be a perfect time to visit Auburn's campus... maybe spend the night in town.  How far of a drive is it from there to New Orleans?  If I decide to do that, any recommendations as to things to see while in Auburn?  Places to say?  Any good Pubs??  My 12-yo son will be with me, so I thought it'd be cool to visit Auburns sports hall of fame?? Sports museum??  Open to all suggestions!

129985[/snapback]

New Orleans is about a 6 hour drive, not bad for a day's trip.

Places to go: Toomer's Corner, The War Eagle Supper Club (not suggested for the 12 year old), the museum which is located in the athletic complex, Plainsman Park (one of the finest college baseball stadiums in the country), Guthrie's (best chicken fingers you will ever eat), Momma Goldberg's (deli sandwiches and beer), Bottcher's and Niffer's are also good places to eat and drink. You used to be able to see the eagle in its cage next to the stadium, but I don't think you can any longer.

www.auburn.edu has some good resources.

Welcome to the AU Nation!

You used to be able to see the eagle in its cage next to the stadium, but I don't think you can any longer. 

130005[/snapback]

Nope. I think they stopped putting it there after an Alabama fan shot one of the eagles one year. The cage isnt even there anymore, its a Tiger Transit bus stop. Sad....

You used to be able to see the eagle in its cage next to the stadium, but I don't think you can any longer.  

130005[/snapback]

Nope. I think they stopped putting it there after an Alabama fan shot one of the eagles one year. The cage isnt even there anymore, its a Tiger Transit bus stop. Sad....

130053[/snapback]

actually I'm pretty sure the cage is still there, but it is not in use. they keep the eagles at the raptor center.

Archived