What was your favorite loss?

BamaGrad03

I hate to admit it, but the '85 Iron Bowl was probably one of the best played college football games I've ever attended, and even though we lost, It was great just to be in that atmosphere. I was forced to sit in the Bama student section, but everyone was cool to me during the game. :au:

Old Man here...

1982 :uga: @ J-H. Lost 19-14, held Walker under 100 for the third time. Only team to ever do that even once.

After the game, the whole stadium stayed and screamed, and I mean screamed "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger!" We knew that Dye's guys were out manned still back then. They were learning to win again. They fought their hearts out. But lost.

As we were doing the cheer, Dye sent the men back on the field again...

We cheered and thanked them loudly. I think we all cried that night, fans and players.

Two weeks later, that same team sent Bo over the Top! 23-22! Beat Bear for the first time in 9 years and won the Iron Bowl and started the climb back to the Top of the SEC.

Dye tells the story best. In one of the Iron Bowl Books because he says that night we lost to :uga: was what put that team together to beat :ua: two weeks later.

That is my "favorite loss."

• 3 weeks later...
2002 USC--Went out to the Coliseum.  Groaned when Robert Baker dropped a wide-open, possible-touchdown pass.  Then Cobb missed by about a foot with a pass in the endzone close to the end.  (We only lost by 7.)

Crowd was great and the Trojan fans kept commenting on what spirited, fun fans the Auburns were.

130141[/snapback]

It was Robert Johnson that dropped the pass.

My favorite loss came after the prom when I was 18.

130048[/snapback]

[/quote

Hey hey now, that's not what we meant when we said 21-13 gives us bragging rights for another year :P

Without a doubt, the Van Tiffin Field goal, the last second pass against UGA, and the loss to Ole Piss when Ben O dropped the pass. NO, I have NEVER felt that any loss was a FAVORITE LOSS! That's like asking when was you favorite time to get raped? Gosh! hehehehehehe

Archived