Seahawks running Auburn's plays

Micah511

You can move this if this isn't the right place, but...

The Seahawks scored on the identical play that sammie scored in the iron bowl earlier in their game tonight. https://vine.co/v/Ou6vEEiVJnL they are also using Percy Harvin in speed sweeps the way we use grant and Ricardo to open up lanes for lynch. The announcers are talking about how brilliant these play calls are.

If you don't think Gus' offense will work in the NFL, this game proves it. I'm legitimately scared of Gus leaving for the NFL.

I saw it too, dont have enough posts to start a thread, but it was an awesome play, and i told my wife right when it happened that it was our play.. then the announcers said the same thing.

The Seahawks scored on the identical play that sammie scored in the iron bowl earlier in their game tonight. https://vine.co/v/Ou6vEEiVJnL they are also using Percy Harvin in speed sweeps the way we use grant and Ricardo to open up lanes for lynch. The announcers are talking about how brilliant these play calls are.

If you don't think Gus' offense will work in the NFL, this game proves it. I'm legitimately scared of Gus leaving for the NFL.

he aint goin nowhere..i know some fans of teams have said that in the past and it didn't end good for them,Gus ain't like them other coaches, He's loyal

The first touchdown of the season was an inside-zone read. Not that it is Gus's play, but with everything else the Seahawks are running they look an awful lot like our Tigers!

Right after Seattle scored on that zone-read, dump off to receiver (like Au did against bama), collingsworth said "the seahawks taking a play from auburn"

Gus Bus!

I never said his offense wouldn't work in the NFL. Still coaching players there is a different animal than college. It's just my personal opinion but i think Gus truly enjoys the college game and having the opportunity to teach players and work with young men like he does. He may have ambitions to go to that level and if he does, there isn't anything anyone can do about it. I won't worry about it. We'll just deal with that if and when the time comes.

Get used to Gus being in the NFL conversation until the day he dies.

fwiw, Gusball is basically 10 plays...over & over & over again. It ain't his plays that do the trick so much as his choice of when to play them and at what tempo. In short, Malzahn's mind is more the key than Percy Harvin running a play that's been around since at least the mid 1970s.

Get used to Gus being in the NFL conversation until the day he dies.

fwiw, Gusball is basically 10 plays...over & over & over again. It ain't his plays that do the trick so much as his choice of when to play them and at what tempo. In short, Malzahn's mind is more the key than Percy Harvin running a play that's been around since at least the mid 1970s.

Well, the fact that they definitely took the pop pass play from us leads me to believe they probably didn't watch just one play of ours this year. It's not HUNH, but they have plays that look very similar to ours. I hope that Gus loves auburn and the college game enough to stay for a while.

Pete Carroll did cop to hatching the play. “We’ll go anywhere to find a play,” the Seattle coach said afterward. “And that one—uh, Muschamp at Florida, no … Auburn. They ran it. Give Gus Malzahn credit. That’s a great play. I kept telling them [the offensive staff and players] this summer, ‘It’ll work, it’ll work.’ But it didn’t work all summer.”

link

Archived