***Auburn vs. San Jose State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

Good win. Nobody was injured. (that I know of) Lots of things to work on before KSU. That is what practice is for. It was nice to see Roc get some touches. Dude looks electric. Our D still perturbs me at times, but it is what it is. All in all, it was an impressive final score.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great to see Roc Thomas on the field. That young man is going to be awesome. Wish Barber had gotten more touches.

Jovon, Barber, and Roc are going to be quite a trio IMO

Ha, don't forget Kerryon either. It's almost too much..in a good way.

Good win. Nobody was injured. (that I know of) Lots of things to work on before KSU. That is what practice is for. It was nice to see Roc get some touches. Dude looks electric. Our D still perturbs me at times, but it is what it is. All in all, it was an impressive final score.

:-\

Great to see Roc Thomas on the field. That young man is going to be awesome. Wish Barber had gotten more touches.

Or Pettway either.... We are LOADED at RB for YEARS to come...

The Defense got off to a bad start, but overall drastically improved from last week earlier... Grade: B -

The Offense is as deadly as ever. Marshall needs to work on his passing game. Grade: B

Special Teams were awesome. Grade: A

I hope the San Jose St QB is ok for his next game. I thought he played a good game and his sticking with his team as a 5th year senior shows character. I wish that team the best for the rest of their season.

I thought Roc and CAP and Barber looked good. JJ also looked

Good and he actually ran the ball and well too. On defense, MA, Frost, Mincy, Wright all looked good. Holsey was good on some plays and not so much on others.

Frankly, disregarding the score, I was not very impressed overall. I think Marshall looked pretty poor throwing the ball and he fumbled getting into the end one. We cant afford to do that in big games.

I hope we look better in11 days. We will have to be better than this against our difficult schedule. I think we can, we need to clean things up like we did last year. War Eagle.

D was inconsistent but persistent. Frost looked like a different player this week.

I actually think Nick's passing is better than last year, too.

Still work to do, but proud of the team and coaches.

Or Pettway either.... We are LOADED at RB for YEARS to come...

Oh that's right, the list just keeps going on and on.

The game made me impatient. I dont know what it was but it seemed Auburn wasn't that consistent on either side of the ball. Putting up 59 and winning big is great but even though the defense had some good moments they just weren't consistent IMO. Gus said he felt they got better so, there ya go.

Ain't it great to be like bammer fans are? At the end of the game, I took a deep breath and told my son, 'we are at a different level at AU. I bitched the whole game and we won by 40+'. I could get used to this.:)

Defense.... A skilled, passing offense has the potential to torch our D. That one play drive / bomb into the end zone made me want to open another bottle....

It's still great to be an Auburn Tiger, however!

The game made me impatient. I dont know what it was but it seemed Auburn wasn't that consistent on either side of the ball. Putting up 59 and winning big is great but even though the defense had some good moments they just weren't consistent IMO. Gus said he felt they got better so, there ya go.

Ain't it great to be like bammer fans are? At the end of the game, I took a deep breath and told my son, 'we are at a different level at AU. I bitched the whole game and we won by 40+'. I could get used to this. :)

I never want to be like a bammer fan. They shoot people, poison trees, and send death threats to players when disapointed, and teabag passed out drunken people when pleased.

No thanks on all that....

Ain't it great to be like bammer fans are? At the end of the game, I took a deep breath and told my son, 'we are at a different level at AU. I bitched the whole game and we won by 40+'. I could get used to this. :)/>

I never want to be like a bammer fan. They shoot people, poison trees, and send death threats to players when disapointed, and teabag passed out drunken people when pleased.

.....and that has nothing to do with what I said. I meant it is great to be an Auburn Tiger that can expect to be relevant year after year. I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly, and forget the apology if you just want to argue.

Can't remember what thread it was posted in, but someone had said our defense was soft. At first I didn't believe it, but after the past two games, I'm starting to agree. We better get nasty and physical in a hurry, if not, we will be in trouble! Other than that, 2-0 war eagle

Defense.... A skilled, passing offense has the potential to torch our D. That one play drive / bomb into the end zone made me want to open another bottle....

It's still great to be an Auburn Tiger, however!

I agree with that play. I know I had an extra drink last night because of that one play.

Ain't it great to be like bammer fans are? At the end of the game, I took a deep breath and told my son, 'we are at a different level at AU. I bitched the whole game and we won by 40+'. I could get used to this. :)/>

.....and that has nothing to do with what I said. I meant it is great to be an Auburn Tiger that can expect to be relevant year after year. I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly, and forget the apology if you just want to argue.

Just pulling your chain. I know exactly what you're talking about.

From what I saw yesterday at Jordan Hare, I don't have to save up money for a NC game series this year.

That was really bad play to end up with such a lopsided score. Imagine how upside down it would have been if they hadn't made so many mistakes on offense and defense.

Sloppy game from top to bottom.

From what I saw yesterday at Jordan Hare, I don't have to save up money for a NC game series this year.

That was really bad play to end up with such a lopsided score. Imagine how upside down it would have been if they hadn't made so many mistakes on offense and defense.

Wow. Yes...it was a relatively sloppy game. But you're already mailing it in at week 2?

What did you think after the first two games last year?

Seems like Year 1 success has led some to have unreasonably high expectations.

Agreed.

Yep. We're spoiled and need to stop bring brats. I think we could win every game this year and people would still be whining, "Wah our linebackers! Wah Nick's passing! Wah our secondary!"

Archived