Jameis at it again

eagle76

And he's been suspended for the first half of the Clemson game ...

FSU announces Jameis Winston is suspended for the first half of the Clemson game.

FSU: “Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

@DanWolken

Really? Since when have FSU jocks been expected to conduct themselves like anything but thugs?

Be easy on him....we were recruiting him pretty hard....had things gone a little differently, he would have been our thug. :)

Yes, and we ran a freshman quarterback off for being drunk and chasing coeds down college street in downtown Auburn.....

If I recal correctly, and I may be wrong, that kid's father pulled him out of AU because he could see at the time there was no discipline in effect here.

There was none at home either. He had suspensions as a high school football player

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I recal correctly, and I may be wrong, that kid's father pulled him out of AU because he could see at the time there was no discipline in effect here.

And IIRC, his father specifically asked FSU to put a 24/7 handler with him while at FSU. His father knows what his son is capable to doing - Jimbo knows - and the administration of FSU knows.

I didn't know that a full athletic scholarship includes babysitting the athlete at FSU, or JW's daddy thought so...........

I'm wondering if someone got a video of JW performing on that table in the student union.

I've decided that society now reacts strongly to video in forming opinions. They had video of Rice hitting his girlfriend and dragging her, now he's suspended. If there was video of JW it would go viral and JW would be sitting for more than 30 minutes.

And IIRC, his father specifically asked FSU to put a 24/7 handler with him while at FSU. His father knows what his son is capable to doing - Jimbo knows - and the administration of FSU knows.

I didn't know that a full athletic scholarship includes babysitting the athlete at FSU, or JW's daddy thought so...........

Some athletes need babysitters, some need hall montiors to watch them go to class, some need curfews to keep them out of trouble after hours..... We've had our own issues where extraordinary measures were taken to keep our players on the right track. I imagine it the same happens at most every program. JW's father felt like Jimbo needed to keep JW under close watch and supervision - the kid is bound to do any stupid thing he wants to do without a second thought.

Some athletes need babysitters, some need hall montiors to watch them go to class, some need curfews to keep them out of trouble after hours..... We've had our own issues where extraordinary measures were taken to keep our players on the right track. I imagine it the same happens at most every program. JW's father felt like Jimbo needed to keep JW under close watch and supervision - the kid is bound to do any stupid thing he wants to do without a second thought.

one day he will be on his own with no babysitter or handler. I shudder to think what he might do, especially if he is getting big money as a pro athlete.

It's more than an eye rolling moment when you consider context. To just put it off as, "just repeating some meme for a laugh" is weak. He screamed it while standing on a table on freaking campus. Did I mention he is currently under a title 9 investigation for rape? If you can minimize that, more power to you.

I fully admit that I don't know details of the case. In fact, I wasn't aware there was a continuing investigation.

In a vacuum, I don't have a problem with the antics. That's all I was really saying.

But I don't follow this stuff as closely as many of you.

In light of the current state of affairs in football (both NFL and HIS current situation) he MUST live in a vacuum to do something that stupid.

Seriously. What timing!

Someone needs to clue him in on what his behavior is costing himself in potential earnings.

I live & work In Tallahassee, surrounded by FSU fans (most of whom, like Auburn fans, are alums or related to folks actually involved with the college) and almost without exception they're through with this clown. Every single one I talked with said they don't want him on the field in an FSU uniform anymore. (Gee, where were these folks when the previous 300 football players/menaces to society went through FSU?)

That was the sentiment of the FSU alumni who called our local talk radio yesterday. It's possible the FSU fans will boo him when he enters the game against Clemson.

In @MelKiperESPN's latest Big Board, Jameis Winston falls from No. 3 overall to No. 25.

@SportsCenter

Makes you wonder how the hell he got up to #3 with all of his prior incidents. :dead:/>

Same way a lot of people got to where they did. NFL teams used to be willing to overlook stuff like that if you had talent. Now they are paying a lot more attention to such things.

Obviously they haven't been paying attention to Winston's recent rape allegation, destruction of property, shop lifting, and current Title IX investigation since they had him listed @ #3 - - - it took him jumping on a table and using derogatory language offensive to females for them to drop him to #25???? :-\/>

Listen, I understand where you are coming from regarding the NFL, etc. But I just about guarantee you by the end of the season if JW stays out of the news, the NFL will boost him right back up to the top.

The NFL is hypersensitive to things like this in the wake of the Ray Rice incident. Teams now have to weigh the risk of having the league suspend him in their evaluation of where (or whether) to draft him.

Some athletes need babysitters, some need hall montiors to watch them go to class, some need curfews to keep them out of trouble after hours.....

And some just need to grow up!

I live & work In Tallahassee, surrounded by FSU fans (most of whom, like Auburn fans, are alums or related to folks actually involved with the college) and almost without exception they're through with this clown. Every single one I talked with said they don't want him on the field in an FSU uniform anymore. (Gee, where were these folks when the previous 300 football players/menaces to society went through FSU?)

That was the sentiment of the FSU alumni who called our local talk radio yesterday. It's possible the FSU fans will boo him when he enters the game against Clemson.

I wouldn't bet on it. I bet he gets a big cheer.

He is going to get a huge cheer and a standing ovation is FSU struggles in the first half. FSU boards are po'd that he got a half game suspension.

No I wouldn't bet on it either. Especially concerning the students.

But the FSU alum I heard on the radio (he was an ex football player) was totally fed-up with Winston. Pissed-off even. I bet the FSU administration is getting an ear-full. They have made a pact with the PR devil.

The 2013 title wasn't stolen. We lost. I'll give you the 2004 season since Bush was later ruled ineligible, but last year, FSU just beat us.

Winston is just dumb as rocks. Manziel had more sense than he does. Johnny liked to drink and enjoy his spotlight; Jameis has a special knack for offensive and potentially criminal behavior.

Edit: I really enjoyed the "suspend it BIG" line.

He should had been in jail and not playing in the title game

The 2013 title wasn't stolen. We lost. I'll give you the 2004 season since Bush was later ruled ineligible, but last year, FSU just beat us.

Winston is just dumb as rocks. Manziel had more sense than he does. Johnny liked to drink and enjoy his spotlight; Jameis has a special knack for offensive and potentially criminal behavior.

You don't know that. But lying to investigators, which he did, is a misdemeanor that they didn't even try to put on him. He stated he never met the girl and didn't have sex with her. Finally investigation proves he did by his DNA showing up on her unmentionables. Then his story changes drastically.

The major crime that most assuredly happened was the FSU/City/State Authorities just sweeping the case under the rug. That girl didn't deserve that.

You don't know that. But lying to investigators, which he did, is a misdemeanor that they didn't even try to put on him. He stated he never met the girl and didn't have sex with her. Finally investigation proves he did by his DNA showing up on her unmentionables. Then his story changes drastically.

The major crime that most assuredly happened was the FSU/City/State Authorities just sweeping the case under the rug. That girl didn't deserve that.

actually Winston never talked to police at all. Who are you saying he lied to?

Sorry, he originally stated he didn't know the girl and it wasn't him. Then as the case came out in the media and his dna showed up he admitted consensual sex.

Police never interviewed him in the case as far as I can find. So no misdemeanor.

Well, here it is ...confirmation that the FSU fans are angry at .......the people who reported the idiot's performance and got him suspended....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-state-fans-and-students-blame-witnesses-of-jameis-winston-incident-for-star-qb-s-suspension-172546985.html

Well, here it is ...confirmation that the FSU fans are angry at .......the people who reported the idiot's performance and got him suspended....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/florida-state-fans-and-students-blame-witnesses-of-jameis-winston-incident-for-star-qb-s-suspension-172546985.html

not surprised in the least

At first I thought maybe she was just mad because JW wasn't interested in actually dating her. But as time went on, I changed my mind. I feel bad that she never got her day in court.

Karma will get JW. He is nothing but a thug.

Sorry, he originally stated he didn't know the girl and it wasn't him. Then as the case came out in the media and his dna showed up he admitted consensual sex.

Police never interviewed him in the case as far as I can find. So no misdemeanor.

To whom did he state this? I havnt seen this.

Archived