Jameis at it again

eagle76

Well, maybe Coker can get a quick transfer back to Tallahassee. :)

Haha, I thought the same things... He's probably kicking himself now because he'd get more playing time.

If Coker had stayed at FSU, he would be starting this week. Think about that. The quicker path for Coker to be a starting FBS QB was to stay at FSU, not transfer to Bama.

Poetic justice.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, maybe Coker can get a quick transfer back to Tallahassee. :)

Haha, I thought the same things... He's probably kicking himself now because he'd get more playing time.

If Coker had stayed at FSU, he would be starting this week. Think about that. The quicker path for Coker to be a starting FBS QB was to stay at FSU, not transfer to Bama.

Poetic justice.

At first I considered Coker a quick "traitor" to change schools instead of staying the course, but after all this, it really got me to thinking, maybe Coker was the smart one. I don't know about you guys but if I was playing second fiddle to a guy that was getting away with murder and coddled left and right, all the while I'm hitting the books, keeping my nose clean, etc., it would really upset me.

Depending on the situation might give me enough reason to cash in my chips and go elsewhere...

What's the movie line, "...million dollar arm, fifty cent brain..."

Almost a perfect summation. But this guy is obviously a sociopath as well. You can almost see it in every attempt at an apology he makes. Keeps saying he understands what he's done and will never do it again. And then he does it again???

I live & work In Tallahassee, surrounded by FSU fans (most of whom, like Auburn fans, are alums or related to folks actually involved with the college) and almost without exception they're through with this clown. Every single one I talked with said they don't want him on the field in an FSU uniform anymore. (Gee, where were these folks when the previous 300 football players/menaces to society went through FSU?)

My brother is an alum and booster at FSU and still lives there. I asked him about it this afternoon in a text message and this is his reply, "I actually think the suspension brings more attention and more of a story than handling it internally." I think his glasses are so garnet and gold that I don't think he realizes just how bad this makes FSU look. He did say he was frustrated with him.

My niece is a year younger than him and goes to FSU and she hates him and finds him very immature. I watched last years Clemson game with my niece and nephew and I remember overhearing her say to her cousin that some of her sorority sisters knew JW and they found him disgusting and used the word thug to describe him.

My nephew also attends FSU and he hates him. He wants him gone NOW.

This is his 5th incident within his time at FSU. Don't forget the three BB-Gun incidents, crab legs and now this plus the alleged rape and title IX investigation. There were a couple of other incidents that didn't get any press. I am glad my wife wasn't present in the student union when he did it (she is a current grad student at FSU)...oh and for those thinking his father will tan his hide..well his dad was complaining after the crab legs that FSU needs to have a guard on him 24/7...so this started a long time ago in his home...I am sure that once he is gone pro there will be more incidents

I had read that FSU took an insurance policy out on JW's arm. What happens if he gets himself booted from the team? I wonder what the details are in that insurance contract?

I had read that FSU took an insurance policy out on JW's arm. What happens if he gets himself booted from the team? I wonder what the details are in that insurance contract?

he won't get booted. If he did that insurance would be canceled That insurance is commonplace, just that if he gets his arm injured there is protection.

Wow. fsu will clearly tolerate damn near anything. An athlete currently under investigation for sexually related charges exhibits this kind of behavior in the middle of campus, so he gets half a game?

If he commits more crimes I hope the victims go after fsu as well, if possible.

The guy is flat out repulsive. He has that distant serial killer look in his eye when he is interviewed. It is amusing to hear him praise God.

^This^

What's really shocking in all this is how many FSU fans seem irate that he's suspended, and that it's completely undeserved. Go look at any of the FSU boards - those people are screaming bloody murder over this.

I guarantee you that Whitehead's actions weren't near as incriminating as Winston's and our coaches made him sit out the whole game. I'm glad we have coaches with some conviction.

What's really shocking in all this is how many FSU fans seem irate that he's suspended, and that it's completely undeserved. Go look at any of the FSU boards - those people are screaming bloody murder over this.

How is that shocking? All they have ever cared about in Tallahassee is winning. That's how FSU earned Spurrier's nickname. Ethics might be somewhere in the top ten on their priority list, but it's well below football.

I read Warchant and their other boards regulaly and IMO they rarely reflect the opinions of folks with ties to the school other than a shirt from Walmart. Warchant has idiots saying things like "Tebow was a much worse juvenile delinquent than Jameis will ever be" etc. Same folks that fabricate "swept under the rug confessions" by Cam that he accepted money from Auburn (a favorite on that board btw).

However, across the board, FSU fans universally worship the poster child for NCAA infractions, Deion Sanders. Even FSU women somehow either forget or ignore the many times he's publicly disparaged women...pre-BSPN of course.

I read Warchant and their other boards regulaly and IMO they rarely reflect the opinions of folks with ties to the school other than a shirt from Walmart. Warchant has idiots saying things like "Tebow was a much worse juvenile delinquent than Jameis will ever be" etc. Same folks that fabricate "swept under the rug confessions" by Cam that he accepted money from Auburn (a favorite on that board btw).

However, across the board, FSU fans universally worship the poster child for NCAA infractions, Deion Sanders. Even FSU women somehow either forget or ignore the many times he's publicly disparaged women...pre-BSPN of course.

These fans...and a lot of fans at many schools are like professional football fans. For them, it's not about the university....it is ALL about their adopted football team. Many/most have no association with any particular university other than the football team and like so many pro fans, they don't care what the players do in their off time...as long as they perform on the field.

Thus for many of them, when a player does something really stupid...or perhaps illegal, they don't seem to see the connection to the school's reputation..or if they see it, they don't give it much thought. JMO

JW, please deposit several millions dollars of your possible future earnings at the front door...........dufus.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hLzP4L_aY

A tad off subject, just an observation of this video, but this was a TALLAHASSEE Publix right? Anyone else notice that outside one kid doing a sorta double-take when he first walked in that it appears not a single person recognizes him?

And he's been suspended for the first half of the Clemson game ...

FSU announces Jameis Winston is suspended for the first half of the Clemson game.

FSU: “Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

@DanWolken

Really? Since when have FSU jocks been expected to conduct themselves like anything but thugs?

FSU announces Jameis Winston is suspended for the first half of the Clemson game.

FSU: “Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

@DanWolken

Really? Since when have FSU jocks been expected to conduct themselves like anything but thugs?

Be easy on him....we were recruiting him pretty hard....had things gone a little differently, he would have been our thug. :)

These fans...and a lot of fans at many schools are like professional football fans. For them, it's not about the university....it is ALL about their adopted football team. Many/most have no association with any particular university other than the football team and like so many pro fans, they don't care what the players do in their off time...as long as they perform on the field.

Thus for many of them, when a player does something really stupid...or perhaps illegal, they don't seem to see the connection to the school's reputation..or if they see it, they don't give it much thought. JMO

And "professional football fans" have every fiber of their self image wrapped up in the program so inevitably an attack on it is an attack on them.

@DanWolken

Be easy on him....we were recruiting him pretty hard....had things gone a little differently, he would have been our thug. :)

Nailed it. You also nailed it earlier when saying top programs aren't that different from each other (including AU).

In fact, Jameis WANTED to come to AU and would have done so if not for some violations by his recruiters that required AU to cease all contact with him.

@DanWolken

Nailed it. You also nailed it earlier when saying top programs aren't that different from each other (including AU).

In fact, Jameis WANTED to come to AU and would have done so if not for some violations by his recruiters that required AU to cease all contact with him.

I always heard it was the dual-sport thing :dunno:

@DanWolken

Yes, and we ran a freshman quarterback off for being drunk and chasing coeds down college street in downtown Auburn.....

@DanWolken

Yes, and we ran a freshman quarterback off for being drunk and chasing coeds down college street in downtown Auburn.....

The dumpster fire is at FSU

@DanWolken

I always heard it was the dual-sport thing :dunno:

I had heard they NCAA told AU coaches to stop contacting him (or something very similar to that) and due to this, he was confused as to why AU stopped recruiting him but Chizik and staff wasn't even allowed to tell him what happened or why they stopped recruiting him. I got that info from this board during the recruiting process. It stuck out to me so I remembered it (perhaps incorrectly, though LOL)

Archived