Post La Tech Injuries

AUNavyNightmare

From the post-game thread:

Injury update as I know it:

Frost, knee sprain. Initial tests negative. May get an MRI Monday. I think he will be fine.

Mckenzie, another stinger (similar to last year), day to day.

Duke and Sammie just banged up. Day to day.

I'm a little worried about pat miller. No new updates to post .

I watched the whole game but somehow missed Frost hurting his knee. How did it happen? I may have been a little distracted in the beginning and missed it because I noticed my little one was running a fever.

Really worried about next week with these key injuries.

We really need Frost and McKinzey, not only for their talents, but the ability to set the Defensive alignments and assigments on the field.

I watched the whole game but somehow missed Frost hurting his knee. How did it happen? I may have been a little distracted in the beginning and missed it because I noticed my little one was running a fever.

I'm not positive, but I think it happened on the play in the first quarter that he tipped the ball that Mont intercepted and returned inside the 5. They didn't focus on his injury after the play because I don't think they knew right away, but then kept showing him on the sideline afterwards. I'm sure someone else will verify when the injury occurred.

It looked to me like Duke's injury late in the game was just a shot to his thigh. Just a guess but it kind of just looked like a muscle bruise/some soreness. Hopefully it is something that simple and minor so it not only keeps him on the field but keeps his level of play high.

I'm not positive, but I think it happened on the play in the first quarter that he tipped the ball that Mont intercepted and returned inside the 5. They didn't focus on his injury after the play because I don't think they knew right away, but then kept showing him on the sideline afterwards. I'm sure someone else will verify when the injury occurred.

It happened on the Monty INT return. It looked like he got rolled up on.

They all better get well quick. The REAL season starts next week.

Yep. Sort of how I hate to see NFL players get banged up in exhibition season!

To those in the know: Please continue to keep us updated on injuries as things develop. (And thanks in advance!)

So far update is good news. Cass will be ok (stinger), and I think frost and miller have sprains. (Knee and ankle). We will have to see if they are able to get some weight on the legs early this week. Sprains can be nagging but better than alternatives.

So far update is good news. Cass will be ok (stinger), and I think frost and miller have sprains. (Knee and ankle). We will have to see if they are able to get some weight on the legs early this week. Sprains can be nagging but better than alternatives.

Thanks PTB.

So thankful Cass did not have a concussion. The way he was shaking his head and walking very wobbly toward the sidelines, I was sure he was concussed. What exactly is a stinger, for those of us who don't know?

So thankful Cass did not have a concussion. The way he was shaking his head and walking very wobbly toward the sidelines, I was sure he was concussed. What exactly is a stinger, for those of us who don't know?

A pinched nerve.

Can't get the wikipedia article to link properly, but here's another one to read up on: http://www.knowyourback.org/Pages/SpinalConditions/Injuries/SportsInjuries.aspx

In short, it's not a particularly serious condition, but it can be extremely painful in the short term.

For those in the know, what is the situation with Carl Lawson's recovery? I remember some folks saying Carl might be back sometime in October. I hope he doesn't rush it but if he is ready, we sure need him.

For those in the know, what is the situation with Carl Lawson's recovery? I remember some folks saying Carl might be back sometime in October. I hope he doesn't rush it but if he is ready, we sure need him.

I am not in the know but I have been gathering every little bit of information possible about him. I can say that any date setting is purely speculation, rumor, or an out right lie.

People within the program, and outside, all seem to be very positive about his progress.

Knee sprains can take up to a month to heal. I've had numerous playing hockey over the years. He'll probably have to sit out vs LSU. It usually took me about 3 weeks sometimes longer. Of course I didn't have a team of physical trainers rehabbing me like he will.

I would be very surprised if we see Carl at all before December. There's a lot of rehab to be had once he has healed to get to playing shape.

we will be fine for Saturday. Make Lsu think we have a lot of bad injuries. These guys will give it their all and will show up big with a nice win over Lsu.

Archived