Darn Utah

mugz

It is great to see a small team go to BCS but then it is bad for that Cinderella team to take away from us. I was for them but I have a changed my mind.

First Myers takes Coach of Year away from Tubby then they send Alex Smith to New York. It should be Campbell going to New York. I know Smith or Campbell did not have a chance but Campbell should be going before Smith.

Why does the Nation have a chip against Auburn. We proved ourselves.

I was pulling for Utah in the Fiesta Bowl but now I hope they lose big! :angry:

:au: WAR EAGLE!

Unfortunately, the Heisman is about media coverage, not so much really about play on the field anymore. The media feeds on itself and once the word is out that a player is a Heisman contender, then all the rest of the media picks it up. That's what is wrong with the media today-- journalists, sportwriters, commentators, etc don't do the research themselves, they just perpetuate the big story, whether it is true or not.

Smith made a name for himself last season (which is really key to a successful Heisman run) and has stats as good or better than any of the other QBs. It is notable that Smith quarterbacked his team to an undefeated season and Utah was the first non-BCS team to earn a berth in a BCS bowl. Utah was also 11-1 last season and had a buzz going into 2004.

Nationally, Campbell was pretty much an unknown quantity until about mid-season this year. Also, nobody expected Auburn to contend for the MNC, so no one started paying attention until after they beat LSU and Tennessee. Auburn didn't run up the score to inflate players stats like USC, OK, and Utah did either.

Campbell improved more from one season to the next than any other player in college football 2004. He is the best QB to ever play at Auburn. His execution at critical times was flawless. However, if Auburn had really contended last season as expected, then they wouldn't have started this season ranked #18 and Campbell might have been on the A-list of Heisman contenders.

He would have definitely been in NY this weekend and been preparing to lead Auburn in the Orangle Bowl. Campbell and Auburn deserve better. They earned all their success on the field. The media hasn't given them a free pass like USC and OK, quite the opposite.

It seems like the nation would want to reward CTT and the team for coming back from last season's adversity, but it appears they are perhaps subconsiously punishing the institution for what was done.

It's hard to be objective when you are a rabid Tiger fan, but it does seem like we are getting the short end of the stick on multiple fronts.

EXACLTY!

WE ARE AUBURN! All the rest can kiss our 12-0 !@#.

After hyping us up all season on ESPN, as soon as they see we're not going to make the Orange Bowl, they just quit mentioning our name on that network alltogether. I guess they think if they don't say "Auburn", then we'll just disappear.

After hyping us up all season on ESPN, as soon as they see we're not going to make the Orange Bowl, they just quit mentioning our name on that network alltogether. I guess they think if they don't say "Auburn", then we'll just disappear.

131399[/snapback]

You mean.... you won't...? :poke::lol:

Archived