Why are we having a problem getting a pass rush????

tigerman1186

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is plenty to blame on the coaching staff. Pass rush problems aren't among them, however.

Hopefully the correctable problems get the attention needed and the offense can continue to carry the load.

Talent is there, coaching is not.Bottom line.

I'll take this opportunity to respectfully disagree.

The talent is not there...

With Lawson out and Owens not 100%, we have no edge rushers. Kennion and Thornton both hover around 225 pounds... not ready yet.

Moving Wright outside is the tell tale sign that the talent NOT there.

Coaching has nothing to do with it! EJ and Garner are mixing and matching trying to put a unit out there that will pressure the QB... They're doing all they can.

This. Exactly this.

It all starts with coaching.

Enough said^^

How in the world can the two of you believe this? I'm being for real. I don't understand how any fan with any semblance of football IQ can think this? We do not have the players with the necessary skill set to be elite pass rushers playing on the field right now. And that is due to lack of coaching? Really? How do ya'll make that association? I guess it is lack of coaching that has us playing a safety at end,huh? I mean, If they could coach then obviously a converted safety playing end for less than two weeks should've made a huge impact. Geez....

I don't just watch AU play defense. I've seen ulm, uab, troy, be able to get a pass rush. If ur telling me that their defensive ends are better than AU's, then somebody needs to do a better job in recruiting

What kind of pass rush do you think AU would have against the teams on the ULM, UAB and Troy schedules. What kind of pass rush do you think ULM, UAB and Troy would get against the teams AU has played this season?

Enough said^^

How in the world can the two of you believe this? I'm being for real. I don't understand how any fan with any semblance of football IQ can think this? We do not have the players with the necessary skill set to be elite pass rushers playing on the field right now. And that is due to lack of coaching? Really? How do ya'll make that association? I guess it is lack of coaching that has us playing a safety at end,huh? I mean, If they could coach then obviously a converted safety playing end for less than two weeks should've made a huge impact. Geez....

I don't just watch AU play defense. I've seen ulm, uab, troy, be able to get a pass rush. If ur telling me that their defensive ends are better than AU's, then somebody needs to do a better job in recruiting

What kind of pass rush do you think AU would have against the teams on the ULM, UAB and Troy schedules. What kind of pass rush do you think ULM, UAB and Troy would get against the teams AU has played this season?

Well, for starters, that same uab team had sacks, and took, wait for it................. Moo-state to the end of the game better than we did.

Enough said^^

Well, for starters, that same uab team had sacks, and took, wait for it................. Moo-state to the end of the game better than we did.

Wut?

Man, Mullen played UAB on cruise control... Kinda like we played SJSU and La Tech. Very bland play calling and playing alot of players. State's defense was in the same base package the entire game... no pressure, just keeping everything in front of them. (although, they did bust coverage a time or two) But, there was never any doubt state was gonna win that game.

We can't compare how State played UAB to how we faired against them. We got their best shot! Hell, we get everybody's best shot! That comes with the territory of being reigning SEC Champs!

So good coaching can turn anyone into an elite pass rusher?

If that's the case Dee Ford's performance last year backs that statement up and at the same time blows the argument out of the water that coaching lies at the core of the problem this year.

Bottom line. We don't have the personnel this year with Lawson injured. Hopefully that lack if depth is corrected for next year.

If ulm, uab, troy can get a pass rush against sec schools, Without the Personnel,then what do u call it?

Because those schools HAVE the personnel. AU does not.

Enough said^^

Wut?

Man, Mullen played UAB on cruise control... Kinda like we played SJSU and La Tech. Very bland play calling and playing alot of players. State's defense was in the same base package the entire game... no pressure, just keeping everything in front of them. (although, they did bust coverage a time or two) But, there was never any doubt state was gonna win that game.

We can't compare how State played UAB to how we faired against them. We got their best shot! Hell, we get everybody's best shot! That comes with the territory of being reigning SEC Champs!

Exactly.

Enough said^^

Wut?

If u say so

Archived