How about a list of players we

Shug2003

Here is the list I made. What would you guys like to add as a dream recruiting class? (other t han what we already have committed)

Jerrell Powe DT 6-3 322 Waynesboro, Mississippi *****

Tommy Trott TE 6-4 245 Montgomery, Ala. ****

Gabe Mckenzie DE 6-3 215 Mobile, Ala. ****

Ahmad Mayo FB/RB 5-11 220 Griffin, Ga. ***

Viladimir Richard DT 6-4 255 Sunrise, Fla. ****

Avery Atkins S 5-11 185 Daytona, Fla. ****

Demerick Chancellor RB 6-1 195 Miami, Fla. ***

Darius Dewberry lB 6-4 218 Daytona, Fla. *****

Joe Demps LB 6-4 228 Pensacola, Fla. ****

WR Tarius Johnson 6-0 185 Cape Coral, Fla. ***

:cheer::au:

It looks like we are getting in on the race for Antoine Smith and Richie Rich out of Atlanta. It's going to pick up soon.

As of Dec. 1

Jerrell Powe DT 6-3 322 Waynesboro, Mississippi ***** 85%

Word has it that we are backing off Powe due to character issues. He is a sign and place.

Tommy Trott TE 6-4 245 Montgomery, Ala. **** 51%

Really likes us. Bama will get a push, because he visits there first, but if he doesn't name Bama the leader after the visit, he is most likely a Tiger.

Gabe Mckenzie DE 6-3 215 Mobile, Ala. **** 70%

Will sign with AU according to most.

Ahmad Mayo FB/RB 5-11 220 Griffin, Ga. ***

AU not actively recruiting.

Viladimir Richard DT 6-4 255 Sunrise, Fla. **** 30%

Will visit AU.

Avery Atkins S 5-11 185 Daytona, Fla. **** 20%

Likes the Florida schools.

Demerick Chancellor RB 6-1 195 Miami, Fla. *** 25%

Likes Clemson.

Darius Dewberry lB 6-4 218 Daytona, Fla. *****

Joe Demps LB 6-4 228 Pensacola, Fla. **** 15%

LSU leads.

WR Tarius Johnson 6-0 185 Cape Coral, Fla. *** 65%

AU leads.

We are making runs at 3 big RBs: Coker, Rich, and Smith. Smith is incredible. Between us and Miami. We will land one of the 3.

AU would like to land Antonio Coleman or Brandon Deaderick on the D line.

At WR, Lucas Taylor, Frantz Hardy, and Taurus Johnson all like us.

We are working JUCO corner Jonathan Wilhite hard.

:au:WDE :au:

Avery Atkins is looking around a bit, but I think he'll be a gator in the end. Especially after he has a chat with Meyer.

I think Darius Dewberry will be a dawg. I could be wrong, but he's been to Athens more times than I can count. Auburn is definitely way up there on his list, but I think he likes UGA a little more. I think he will sign with Georgia unless he waits too long and they don't have room for him anymore.

Gabe McKenzie - Auburn would have to really mess up not to land McKenzie. The Tigers are his clear leader right now with Miami chasing. Alabama and LSU are trying to get in there, but it won't happen. He should commit to Auburn before too long.

oh yeah, i'm new here. this is a great board

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!

That latest on Powe is that Auburn has apparently backed off of him and stopped calling. Obviously because of the "rumored" confrontation between Powe and his high school coach. Anyway, Powe has basically opened his recruitment back up and Auburn no longer has the lead. He also stated that if the Auburn coaches don't call him shortly, he is going to cancel his official visit there. If this is the case, Powe's recruitment is basically going to start over from scratch because Auburn was his clear favorite. I don't think it will matter regardless because I think he is going to make a stop at JUCO or prep school first anyway. If Auburn coaches call him, he will probably put Auburn back out front, but I kind of doubt they will call seeing as how they haven't in a while to begin with. I think it is obvious that AU officials are turned off by the latest troubles regarding Powe.

Does it look like we are going to have a better recruiting year than alabama this year? We should considering we're the SEC champs and they are a mediocre team.

We will never have a better recruiting year than Alabama. They have out recruited us since forever, just ask Forrest Davis.

AU has been projected as a top5...UA in the top 20.

UA has something like 18 committments. Remember what Pat Dye used to say..."big dogs walk last".

This Jarrell Powe thing looks very similar to Willie Williams last year. Remember, after his visit to AU, he had some real smarta$$ things to say about us....but I really think what happened was the AU coaches turned cold on him after learning about his character. I'm really glad he signed with Miami. They deserve him. He's not the type of kid CTT wants in his program (I don't want this type at AU either). Maybe CTT thinks Powe is the same type of kid.

Forrest Davis has essentially been put out of business due to his OBVIOUS leanings and GENEROUS ratings given Bammer recruits over the years. Even Finebaum has joked about Forrest (Homer) Davis evaluation of football talent and his lack of objectivity. I say, good riddance to another non-professional. He obviously doesn't know jacks--T about talent. Auburn will have an outstanding year recruiting, just mark it down.......WDE :au:;)

A buddy of mine emailed me this, latest recruitment info

RB 3 Antone Smith ranked four star and #1 by ‘the other site’

Says he's even, but I think Miami is the team to beat.

QB 33 Jimmy Johns ranked 3 star and #15 by ‘the other site’

Mississippi State right now, but could change. Auburn is getting his last visit.

DT 3 Jerrell Powe ranked five star and #1 by ‘the other site’

I would have said Auburn a week ago, but apparently Auburn coaches have backed off Powe and he is now wide open with his recruitment. I would guess that Auburn would still be the team to beat if they would pick up the phone and give him a call, but I don't know if that will happen or not.

DT NR Rodney Milsap ranked three star and #34 by ‘the other site’

Florida is the team to beat right now. They are his childhood favorite.

DE 19 Brandon Deaderick ranked three star and #20 by ‘the other site’

If I had to, I would say that Auburn has the slight lead, but I don't feel like he is close to deciding yet. I think he will take his visits, and it will be a wait and see type thing. I like Auburn's chances, however.

TE 6 Tommy Trott ranked 4 star and #8 by ‘the other site’

Auburn's to lose

TE 9 Gabe McKenzie ranked four star and #7 by ‘the other site’

Auburn's to lose

WR Frantz Hardy ranked 4 star by ‘the other site’

Auburn right now, but he's taking visits to South Carolina and FSU.

CB 28 Lucas Taylor ranked 4 star and #16 by ‘the other site’

He's high on Tennessee and Auburn, but I think he is more of a priority for Auburn. I think he is a Tiger in the end.

CB 37 Jerraud Powers ranked three star and #43 by ‘the other site’

I think Alabama, but I could be wrong.

CB Jonathan Wilhite ranked three star and NR by ‘the other site’

It's a dead heat right now between Auburn and Oklahoma State. I'd say it's probably 60/40 in favor of Auburn right now, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him choose OSU either.

LB 7 Darius Dewberry ranked three star and #13 by ‘the other site’

Georgia's to lose.

RB 22 Mike Davis ranked four star and #11 by ‘the other site’

I think Davis is wide open right now, and if he has a favorite, he's doing a good job of not tipping his hand.

RB NR Ahmad Mayo ranked two star and NR by ‘the other site’

Auburn's to lose IMO

RB 37 Richie Rich ranked four star and #5 by ‘the other site’

Rich is wide open right now. Auburn will get a visit.

DT NR Adam Coffee ranked 2 star and NR by ‘the other site’

Slight edge to Auburn, but it's early in his recruitment.

DT 2 Zach Anderson ranked three star and #44 by ‘the other site’

Auburn has a shot, but it's far from over.

DE NR Stacy Jones ranked two star and NR by ‘the other site’

Too many favorites to predict right now.

OL 47 Calvin Wilson ranked four star and #12 by ‘the other site’

I think it will come down to Auburn or LSU.

WR 40 Taurus Johnson ranked 3 star and #31 by ‘the other site’

Auburn's to lose IMO.

WR NR Nick Kyles ranked 3 star and # 30 by ‘the other site’

Alabama right now IMO

WR NR Johnny Belt ranked two star and NR by ‘the other site’

Auburn is in the drivers seat here.

CB NR Walter McFadden ranked 3 star and #24 by ‘the other site’

I think he's a Tiger if they really want him.

CB NR Jarvis Kyles ranked two star and NR by ‘the other site’

I think he would like to go where his brother goes, but he might not have that option. He doesn't have the offers that his brother Nick does.

The number following the position is the scout.com national ranking. The 'other site' is rivals.com.

hope yall enjoyed that, looks like were going to get a great recruiting class this year!

WDE!

According to Mark Murphy at ITAT, AU has not backed off recruiting Powe. The AU coaches are actively recruiting him and have made calls to Hargrave Military Academy to possibly place Powe there. If he can make the grades to get in prep school, it would be better than JUCO.

If Powe doesn't have a real "attitude" like Williams, we should sign him if we can and place him. We can afford to do that now and we would be better off with him in an Auburn uniform than with an "enemy" in the SEC. Just my Opinion. WDE!

walter mcfadden is one of the guys i want most. i've talked to a friend of mine who worked at the summer camps. he said coaches were raving about him, and that he was the best player on the field. if we can pull him out of florida, i think he's going to be a gamer (my definition of the word comes from the old ball coach: "we really didn't expect much from gaffney. he wasn't this good in practice. he's a gamer"").

What about that LB out of LaGrange, GA??? Someone had posted the little video clip on the board a couple of weeks ago. The one were he leveled the receiver on the flanker screen. I don't remember his name.

What about that LB out of LaGrange, GA???  Someone had posted the little video clip on the board a couple of weeks ago.  The one were he leveled the receiver on the flanker screen.  I don't remember his name.

131427[/snapback]

His name is Tray Blackmon

Ht: 6-0 Wt: 192 40: 4.5

Position:  LB 

Projected as:  LB 

Position Rank:  1

Class:  2005 Senior

High School:  LaGrange HS

(LaGrange, GA) 

The Player of the Year in AAA for the State Champion Grangers, Blackmon had 116 tackles, 16 tackles for loss, 12 Sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, one safety, and one defensive touchdown. Blackmon bench presses 330, squats 450 and power cleans 300.

Coach's Comments: "I think he has a chance to be a national recruit. He's going to put on 20 pounds when he gets to college." - Steve Pardue

Scouting Report: A little undersized for a typical national type linebacker recruit, but will get bigger as he gets into college. Watching him in pads, one would think he was 250 pounds; he absolutely explodes through players with his legs and his hips. Ferocious hitter that has excellent instincts at linebacker. One of the south's best prospects regardless of position.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=1182330

A local product out of Parkview High(Class A runnersup this year) and same school that gave us Brad Lester is supposedly a strong AU lead is Steve Gowland***.A linebacker and tight end and 1250 SAT but maybe one of those that is a backup if a 4 star falls thru

I am hearing good news on Powe and Smith. Info said that Powe is a lock for a visit and will be placed at prep school likely.

How good could this class be if we got them both?

Scary...

Archived