Sunday Postgame Numbers & Thoughts

StatTiger

It seems Corey just hasn't had the same perimeter blocking when he comes in vs the other backs/receivers

And it kind of seems that once CAP solidified the starting job, Corey's just whispered away, maybe that's not trying the same, maybe its just a coincidence, but its definitely unfortunate to waste such a guy on his final year.

I don't think any of our players block less for Corey than they do Ricardo/Bray on the outside runs. The main thing I see is that the defense is more aware that he is in specifically to run the sweep and also his complete unwillingness to turn the ball upfield when it's clear that getting to the edge isn't going to happen. When you play SEC teams, running the ball east/west becomes increasingly more difficult. Ricardo is a much more physical runner than Corey in that aspect, which is why he has taken over that role as the season has progressed.

Each has his strengths. Ricardo is definitely more physical, Corey has a little more speed, and Quan has shiftier moves. I hold my breath when Q and R have the ball. They are more likely to leave it on the ground than Corey IMO.

Guys don't worry...we will have a good week of practice. I want nothing more than to skull drag the gumps this weekend, we all do. What will have to happen is for this team to play to their potential, not get psyched out by the tide (as many of us already have), and execute without penalties. Penalties have KILLED US this year. This game coming up, this game this weekend, will be a game where these young men will have to play flawless ball. I NEVER want to see an AU team come in to BDS the way it did in 2012. Poke your chest out, give it hell, and play ball. WDE and let's support our young men. EFF BAMA.

I think our offense is (amongst many things) very limited by the play @ LT. We all love Shon, but they could call holding on him everytime Marshall drops back, and he definitely doesn't blow up the guy across when we rush the ball like GR did last year. Next years OL should be better if Kozan gets healthy, but that won't help us on Saturday.

Why do we not call slant passes? We have the athletes to do so, but the long bombs every game into double coverage is unreal! Are these called plays or bad reads from NM?

Really disappointed at the lack of leadership on this teeam. I expected Marshall to be much better. He has not improved. The OL has never really got it together and Coleman is a holding penalty waiting to happen. No one has stepped up at H back. I think we have seen where we are on offense the last couple of weeks without Duke. He has been the big bright spot on offense. We are certainly missing Robinson, Prosch and Kozan. On defense I expected the DL to be the team leaders with all the seniors but instead they have been a weak link. The secondary has been awful but part of that is the is the result of the lack of pressure from the DL. We really miss Lawson and Ford there. The linebackers have been the bright spot on the defense with Frost probably playing better than anyone on the roster.

Having said all of the above, I still think this team has it in them to get it together and take it to Bammer this weekend. We need Frost get in the guys faces on his side of the ball, Duke to get in the guys faces on his side of the ball and some coaches to get in everyone's faces. We have the talent to be a great team but some have not been pulling their weight.

Archived