Is This Shooting Justified?

icanthearyou

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My original question still stands. What's the correlation between that goofy little picture and crimes being committed? We live in a society where it's socially acceptable to use those very same racial slurs you bring up, except the prerequisite is you have to be black otherwise it's RACIST. Same way with these black homicides...93-94% of black homicides are by other black people and that doesn't fill the news. As soon as a white guy is involved in homicide where a black individual is killed, it's automatically racist. AUTOMATIC. This tells me and the rest of the US, that it's ok to use deragatory terms towards blacks or to kill black people as long as you're black (not necessarily the case, but as long as we're talking as if perception is reality...)

:bs:

"everytime" is a stretch but recent events tell a slightly different story. The hate crimes bill that Eric Holder originally tried to pass (before it was amended and attached to the F22 spending bill) actually was to make it a federal hate crime if the above occured in EVERY scenario that was introduced during questioning over the bill.

Based on escalation of force, a noncompliant "perpetrator" or person in question who reaches in his waistband for a gun, it's a completely justifiable shooting. I can't see the video so I don't know what happened. Just going by the posts above.

Terrorist organizations use young men and sometimes kids to suicide bomb crowded places. If you're a military patrol and you see a kid with a suicide vest on are you going to wait for him to put his thumb on the button and potentially harm hundreds of people? Difficult question, but these are all difficult situations.

I get all of that but facts are facts and the police are losing the public. Unless they figure it out, it's going to get much worse.

police-killings-2-graphic-630.jpg

http://www.propublic...black-and-white

This tells us absolutely nothing and is far from them getting killed solely because they're black. Also...in the article, what percentage of those people it constantly talks about were commiting crimes? Did I miss it?

I agree that it is not an absolute but, I do believe it is an indicator. When I was a child, white people could, and did, refer to black people openly and unabashedly by using racial slurs. That is a lot of prejudice, hatred, and racism to overcome in less than fifty years. Progress has been made but, there is still work to be done.

My original question still stands. What's the correlation between that goofy little picture and crimes being committed? We live in a society where it's socially acceptable to use those very same racial slurs you bring up, except the prerequisite is you have to be black otherwise it's RACIST. Same way with these black homicides...93-94% of black homicides are by other black people and that doesn't fill the news. As soon as a white guy is involved in homicide where a black individual is killed, it's automatically racist. AUTOMATIC. This tells me and the rest of the US, that it's ok to use deragatory terms towards blacks or to kill black people as long as you're black (not necessarily the case, but as long as we're talking as if perception is reality...)

Hmmm? Sound racist to anybody else?

Maybe poorly worded (even with the disclaimer that I know that isn't the case, but there's still a perception), but my point is that there's no big media spectacle over the above example. I also am not trying to offend anyone, so I'll discontinue further participation in these threads. Sorry if that offended you, but the intent certainly wasn't to sound racist.

Based on escalation of force, a noncompliant "perpetrator" or person in question who reaches in his waistband for a gun, it's a completely justifiable shooting. I can't see the video so I don't know what happened. Just going by the posts above.

Terrorist organizations use young men and sometimes kids to suicide bomb crowded places. If you're a military patrol and you see a kid with a suicide vest on are you going to wait for him to put his thumb on the button and potentially harm hundreds of people? Difficult question, but these are all difficult situations.

I get all of that but facts are facts and the police are losing the public. Unless they figure it out, it's going to get much worse.

This tells us absolutely nothing and is far from them getting killed solely because they're black. Also...in the article, what percentage of those people it constantly talks about were commiting crimes? Did I miss it?

I agree that it is not an absolute but, I do believe it is an indicator. When I was a child, white people could, and did, refer to black people openly and unabashedly by using racial slurs. That is a lot of prejudice, hatred, and racism to overcome in less than fifty years. Progress has been made but, there is still work to be done.

I tend to go along with Rudi Giuliana on this. On the face of it, I suppose some feel perfectly justified in making a leap calling it racism. The fact is, law enforcement tends to follow the criminal activity. It is not racist pointing out that an a critical mass of the criminal activity has existed in the black community for along time. Given that, the police find themselves in that element. It would racism if they ignored it but not if they're there trying to clean it up. Will there be an increase in violence in that environment? I think the answer is obvious.

Liberals like to point to the prison population as a symptom of racist police practices. My question is this. Are all those black folks that are incarcerated innocent or did they do the crimes they're serving time for? On balance, criminals are not victims and police are not criminals but beating that drum is a narrative the media wants to sell. As in everything exceptions exist but it is not the rule.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/11/25/giulianis-claim-that-93-percent-of-blacks-are-killed-by-other-blacks/

Screen-Shot-2014-11-24-at-8.31.22-AM-300x291.png

:bs:

"everytime" is a stretch but recent events tell a slightly different story. The hate crimes bill that Eric Holder originally tried to pass (before it was amended and attached to the F22 spending bill) actually was to make it a federal hate crime if the above occured in EVERY scenario that was introduced during questioning over the bill.

Maybe poorly worded (even with the disclaimer that I know that isn't the case, but there's still a perception), but my point is that there's no big media spectacle over the above example. I also am not trying to offend anyone, so I'll discontinue further participation in these threads. Sorry if that offended you, but the intent certainly wasn't to sound racist.

No!! My point was not that you were sounding racist. My point was your statement about the blacks being OK or accepting of calling each other the N word or even accepting of the fact that over 90% of the murders and shooting of blacks are by blacks. My question was asking if it sounds racist for blacks to be OK with these things as long as it is done by a black person but totally against it when it is done by a white person. I'm on your side of this issue.

Crime, in my opinion, is more socioeconomic based. Crime is more likely based on being poor. Are there people that commit crime that aren't poor, of course, but most likely, those who commit crime come from a less educated and less economically developed home/neighborhood.

Those neighborhoods are more than likely populated by minorities. How you change the attitudes of those that live in less privileged areas, that's a tough question. As one of my training officers said, if you live in the trailer park or in government housing, you're not worried about college, you're worried about having a better car or better trailer than your neighbor. Essentially he was saying those people aren't necessarily thinking long term just immediate gratification.

Crime, in my opinion, is more socioeconomic based. Crime is more likely based on being poor. Are there people that commit crime that aren't poor, of course, but most likely, those who commit crime come from a less educated and less economically developed home/neighborhood.

Those neighborhoods are more than likely populated by minorities. How you change the attitudes of those that live in less privileged areas, that's a tough question. As one of my training officers said, if you live in the trailer park or in government housing, you're not worried about college, you're worried about having a better car or better trailer than your neighbor. Essentially he was saying those people aren't necessarily thinking long term just immediate gratification.

We had real live poverty in the depression. Crime wasn't a big issue. You don't see massive crime numbers among poor people in rural areas.

Chidike Okeem (@VOICEOFCHID) tweeted at 9:11 PM on Mon, Dec 01, 2014:

The new mainstream conservative position on abortion: LET BLACK BABIES LIVE!*

*so cops can use them as target practice when they're 12...

Audio of the 9-1-1 call. One take away is the 9-1-1 operator needs more training. The caller says, "he may be a juvenile" and also says the gun "is probably fake"

http://www.latimes.c...-htmlstory.html

In another call that I have not found yet, the caller states that the perpetrator may be 20. So the police had a description but was not sure of who they were dealing with.

So you have conflicting information and there doesn't appear to be anyone in danger so you come barreling in and boom shoot the kid what happened to being tactical?

This thread is beyond ridiculous. I'm still trying to figure out what all these people wanting "justice" are proposing. What is the appropriate punishment for these cops who oh so clearly killed others by way of racial motivation?

Don't know about "justice" . Other than the video i don't know what the motivation for executing a kid was. They need to be fired at least.

Archived