Did you like Tuberville?

PChamp119

I was not a student at Auburn when TT came to AU after bolting Ole Miss. While he was at Ole Miss, did y'all like TT as a coach; did you respect him? I was just wondering because tho I donot buy into the LSU rumor - all the LSU ppl seem to hate him and are like "no way would LSU allow him to step foot on our campus." Guess I wanted to see what y'all thought of him when Auburn hired him.

I like CTT also. I think he has done a great job rebuilding this program after tiny terry left. I thought he was good at Ole Miss. I realy did not have an opinion of him, since I do not respect Ole Miss. Now that they fired CDC I think they deserve everything they get. I may be biased, but I think LSU is a Lateral move from AU. Granted it is easier to recruit there, but I do not believe they could offer anything more than AU could. CTT is about to be Shown the Money. :au:

I don't remember giving him a ton of thought until he started being mentioned as a candidate for our HC position. But I do remember thinking when he was at Ole Miss that he seemed to be able to recruit well, especially for a place like Ole Miss. I also admired him for taking on the fanbase over the Rebel flag issue...pointing out the obvious thing that it was hurting their image and ability to get top flight black players. Other than that, I didn't have much of an opinion on him.

This rumor should be filed in the "stupid" department as well.

Coach Tubeville has built a strong program @ AU.

Why would he want to take a step down and become a corndog?

Just plain stupid.

Before Tuberville arrived, I was impressed with his taking Ole Miss to the level he did while they were under SEVERE NCAA sanctions--very limited scholarships. Plus it was his 1st Head-Coaching job.

he is the greatest thing since slice bread in my opinion. i think tt will take au further than dye ever did especially when the next bo jackson appears on the plains.

I don't remember giving him a ton of thought until he started being mentioned as a candidate for our HC position.  But I do remember thinking when he was at Ole Miss that he seemed to be able to recruit well, especially for a place like Ole Miss.  I also admired him for taking on the fanbase over the Rebel flag issue...pointing out the obvious thing that it was hurting their image and ability to get top flight black players.  Other than that, I didn't have much of an opinion on him.

132124[/snapback]

No offence...but it's a CONFEDERATE FLAG. I object to the term "Rebels", and it was a HUGE mistake for Ole Miss to ever call themselves that, and thus be defined by the Damned Yankees...oh, that's redundant, isn't it!!?? :big:

And though Tubs was not my first choice, and I feared that someday he would do to us what he did to Ole Mess, I think he has done an outstanding job of recruting FINE young men, as well as good football players. We are on very solid footing character wise, which is why, I believe, that a lot of parents want their children to come to AU! :au::au::au::homer:

in the terms of the south isn't rebel synomous with confederate?

132151[/snapback]

No!!! Rebel implies civil disobedience, i.e. Civil War...while Confederate implies, and correctly so, that there was a war between two legitimate countries/confederations of states...thus "WAR BETWEEN THE STATES"! If you'll indulge me...early in the country's existence, it was brought to the attention of Thomas Jefferson that some states were thinking of leaving the fledgling union...his comment at that time was, "Let them go, and may God bless them". For you see it was not, and is not now, illegal to leave the union. Only Tyrannous Lincolnous' infamous attacking of sovereign states with a federal army made this an improbable goal for any state...and the winner gets to define history, and they have done just that, i.e. "Civil War", "rebels"...and so, we have the abortion that is known as the federal government today...instead of state supremacy or at least equality! Don't you find it interesting that before the war the country was referred to by the populous as "THESE United States", whereas we are now "THE United States"...throw in the illegal income tax...un unlimited source of money and power for the Federalis... begun in 1913 (how did we survive for over 100 years without one?) and we again have the overbearing, over taxing, fingers in everybody's pies , abhorant federal government that we have today!!!

I hope this helps...for it is for all of these reasons that I love Tubs!!! Didn't think that I could tie all of this together did ya???!!! But hey...this is a football forum! :big:

in the terms of the south isn't rebel synomous with confederate?

132151[/snapback]

No!!! Rebel implies civil disobedience, i.e. Civil War...while Confederate implies, and correctly so, that there was a war between two legitimate countries/confederations of states...thus "WAR BETWEEN THE STATES"! If you'll indulge me...early in the country's existence, it was brought to the attention of Thomas Jefferson that some states were thinking of leaving the fledgling union...his comment at that time was, "Let them go, and may God bless them". For you see it was not, and is not now, illegal to leave the union. Only Tyrannous Lincolnous' infamous attacking of sovereign states with a federal army made this an improbable goal for any state...and the winner gets to define history, and they have done just that, i.e. "Civil War", "rebels"...and so, we have the abortion that is known as the federal government today...instead of state supremacy or at least equality! Don't you find it interesting that before the war the country was referred to by the populous as "THESE United States", whereas we are now "THE United States"...throw in the illegal income tax...un unlimited source of money and power for the Federalis... begun in 1913 (how did we survive for over 100 years without one?) and we again have the overbearing, over taxing, fingers in everybody's pies , abhorant federal government that we have today!!!

I hope this helps...for it is for all of these reasons that I love Tubs!!! Didn't think that I could tie all of this together did ya???!!! But hey...this is a football forum! :big:

132153[/snapback]

Tell us how you really feel! :D

I really wasn't sure about the hire at the time, but I quickly realized how great he fit in at Auburn. He is a "player's coach," and that does wonders for team unity. That is something we definitely needed after Tiny Tot.

on topic, i am from starkville, but i've never been a dog fan. so i was skeptical of tubby to say the least. i just thought of him as an overachieving coach with an average team. didn't really fit my image of auburn. plus he seemed really smug (i think he must still seem that way to outsiders b/c he really makes people angry for some unknown reason). i was kind of indifferent about his ability.

i really appreciated that he saw the TRUTH and got rid of the REBEL FLAG. as long as ole miss represents itself as rebels, with a characature of a plantation owner (i know the actual model is black but colonel rebel is NOT black), while waving rebel flags... they will never, ever under any circumstance be taken to a level above a manning every 20 years. he got rid of the flags. that was step one. he's the man for that. and who knew that it was a precursor to his faith and character absolutely transforming the image and character of the fighting soldiers on this team.

off topic, south carolina REBELS fired the first shots of the civil war. it was not, nor was it ever going to be, a peaceful succession. the union could not and would not have survived being split into two nations. there is no way the north could have developed sufficient agriculture. and the south did not have the resources to become truly industrial. mainly there were no major railroads, there was no clear path through the delta until around 1920 when we (mississippians) figured out how to permanently stop the flooding (although we really just levied our side and let arkansas drown for a while), and there were no iron mines to speak of down here.

that doesn't even take into account the guaranteed warS (capital plural) that would have ensued over possession of new states. who gets missouri was rough enough being fought over in the senate. imagine how bad the battle would have been when places like nevada or colorado became "states" that two NATIONS could war over. and PLEASE don't tell me that the civil war was mostly over states' rights. the south may not have abolished slavery until 1960 if it were up to us. the battles over missouri and all the new states only took place b/c the south wanted to have an equal number of congressmen that could/would vote to maintain the status quo.

in closing, i hate the idea that "The Confederate South" is something to hang our southern hats on. there are so many great traditions in the south, that's just a disgusting one to embrace. i also hope that ole miss never realizes that b/c that is a guaranteed way to keep them in or near the cellar athletically.

I am like everyone else in that I didn't know much about him at Ole Miss other than he was a great recruiter and was like Dye in his emphasis on the running game and defense-and that we beat him in '98 when we went 3-8

I like him as a person eventhough he has kinda of a "dry" personality. I know one of the things a HC has to do is "kiss babies" and be a politician, which CTT does sometimes, but he doesn't care what other teams think and that doesn't bother me.

on topic, i am from starkville, but i've never been a dog fan. so i was skeptical of tubby to say the least. i just thought of him as an overachieving coach with an average team. didn't really fit my image of auburn. plus he seemed really smug (i think he must still seem that way to outsiders b/c he really makes people angry for some unknown reason). i was kind of indifferent about his ability.

i really appreciated that he saw the TRUTH and got rid of the REBEL FLAG. as long as ole miss represents itself as rebels, with a characature of a plantation owner (i know the actual model is black but colonel rebel is NOT black), while waving rebel flags... they will never, ever under any circumstance be taken to a level above a manning every 20 years. he got rid of the flags. that was step one. he's the man for that. and who knew that it was a precursor to his faith and character absolutely transforming the image and character of the fighting soldiers on this team.

off topic, south carolina REBELS fired the first shots of the civil war. it was not, nor was it ever going to be, a peaceful succession. the union could not and would not have survived being split into two nations. there is no way the north could have developed sufficient agriculture. and the south did not have the resources to become truly industrial. mainly there were no major railroads, there was no clear path through the delta until around 1920 when we (mississippians) figured out how to permanently stop the flooding (although we really just levied our side and let arkansas drown for a while), and there were no iron mines to speak of down here.

that doesn't even take into account the guaranteed warS (capital plural) that would have ensued over possession of new states. who gets missouri was rough enough being fought over in the senate. imagine how bad the battle would have been when places like nevada or colorado became "states" that two NATIONS could war over. and PLEASE don't tell me that the civil war was mostly over states' rights. the south may not have abolished slavery until 1960 if it were up to us. the battles over missouri and all the new states only took place b/c the south wanted to have an equal number of congressmen that could/would vote to maintain the status quo.

in closing, i hate the idea that "The Confederate South" is something to hang our southern hats on. there are so many great traditions in the south, that's just a disgusting one to embrace. i also hope that ole miss never realizes that b/c that is a guaranteed way to keep them in or near the cellar athletically.

132170[/snapback]

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how badly it has been shaped by government schools. And just because the CONFEDERATES fired on the Yankee soldiers at Fort Sumter, BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO LEAVE the fort, which was the property of the people and state of South Carolina, did not, and never will make them rebels.

And for those of you who think the was was about slavery, becuase you have attended government schools, let me tell you to STUDY UP, and you will see that it was about ECONOMICS and power, as most wars are, if they're not over religion...which this one was not. The Emancipation Proclamation was a moal rallying tool used by Lincoln in 1863! And it ONLY freed the slaves in the South!!! Hypocritical to say the least.... We all know that slavery was wrong...and you are agreeing to let the tag us with THAT as the reason for an ecomomic war. Why don't you PO'd at the slavery going on in Africa ight now, instead of trashing our Southern heritage. There were a LOT of black troops in the Confederate Army fighting the damned Yankees too...but I'll bet you never read that in your school books!

That is all I have to say on the subject, as I will not argue with the regurgitated tripe that is being repeated from government text books! So respond if you must...but I will not answer!

WAR EAGLE! :au:

slavery was the driving force of southern economic prosperity. mississippi never becomes the king of cotton without slaves to clear and work the land.

and i am angry that slavery is occuring in africa, but it is more important to this american that we confront american problems first.

:lol::lol:

On topic: My first reaction upon hearing the hiring of CTT was: What the four-letter word? His departure from Ole Miss was a red flag to me. One of my brothers, who attended UF, told me that Spurrier had commented publicly on the hire and said that CTT would do well at AU. I remained a very sceptical observer, initially. I became a fan after seeing him win & recruit -- the LSU win in 1999 was huge & getting Carnell Williams to sign with AU was the big turnabout.

Off topic: SKAUB ... settle down. However you want to name it, the war is over.

was very impressed with what tubs did at ole miss with so little to work with. when he was hired at AU i was pretty excited hoping he would do for us like he did at ole miss. seems like it took longer for him to bring us around.

we're a tough group to keep happy. this season was wonderful and i'm glad that tubs was at the heart of it. hope he can lead us to more seasons like this past one. would enjoy tubs having tons of success at AU. i wish him well and the best of luck.

Archived