Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to wait for 2015 season to decide if the new DC is good or not.

I beg to differ. WM could pay dividends as early as February. Now if we are limiting worth to on-the-field results, this would be an accurate statement.

I beg to differ. WM could pay dividends as early as February. Now if we are limiting worth to on-the-field results, this would be an accurate statement.

I'm really hoping that if we do pull CWM that it puts us over the hump for Ivey.

I'm really hoping that if we do pull CWM that it puts us over the hump for Ivey.

Based on what some guys are saying, Ivey would be icing on the cake!

On the field performance is how this hire will be judged. Getting great recruits is great but is only one part of the equation. If it doesn't translate into improved play on Saturday then it doesn't help much.

On the field performance is how this hire will be judged. Getting great recruits is great but is only one part of the equation. If it doesn't translate into improved play on Saturday then it doesn't help much.

I think that's what most people are on the Will bandwagon. He should be able to do both.

To add to this, better recruiting raises expectations. So the bar will be set higher when the 5 stars roll in. If this happens and we have 2 more years of mediocre defense there will be a few coaches on the plains in trouble.

Sincerely,

Gene Chizik

UPDATE: Announcement coming at 9 CT. It's a done deal! BOOM is coming to AU! He is also bringing T-Rob, Tracy Rocker, Randy Shannon, Martez Ivey, Cece Jefferson, Trooper Taylor, Lebron James, Lionel Messi, Mike Tyson, Han Solo, Taylor Swift, and Bruce Wayne.

UPDATE: Announcement coming at 9 CT. It's a done deal! BOOM is coming to AU! He is also bringing T-Rob, Tracy Rocker, Randy Shannon, Martez Ivey, Cece Jefferson, Trooper Taylor, Lebron James, Lionel Messi, Mike Tyson, Han Solo, Taylor Swift, and Bruce Wayne.

My "sources" say he same thing... (Sarcasm)

You forgot Mr. T, Punxsutawney Phil and King Kong's PR manager (The wrestler, not the animal).

To add to this, better recruiting raises expectations. So the bar will be set higher when the 5 stars roll in. If this happens and we have 2 more years of mediocre defense there will be a few coaches on the plains in trouble.

Sincerely,

Gene Chizik

Dear Gene,

If we don't start playing better on defense, a few coaches will be in trouble, with or without 5 Star athletes. I say we give it a try with 5 Stars and see what happens.

Sincerely,

Me

You forgot Mr. T, Punxsutawney Phil and King Kong's PR manager (The wrestler, not the animal).

There is no way you can leave off Nacho Libre as the ball boy!

Will not be a big factor for Tez.if Boom is here or not.

don't forget Bobby Bouche (sp?) the waterboy

However he was unable to garner contracts for Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem to freshen up our game music. Sad.

Why is it always about King Kong? Why not Queen Quong?

Not only Ivey, but would put Cowart and Jefferson in play was well.

I have heard that the buyout at FL says FL only pays if he doesn't coach in the SEC. If we pay the 2.1M to FL and 1.5 to Will he would make more than Gus. Different opinions?

Incorrect info. UF owes Boom $2 mil a year for the next 3 years no matter where he goes.

However he was unable to garner contracts for Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem to freshen up our game music. Sad.

But he is in negotiations to bring Mel and the Party Hats to the Supper Club for every home game.

Archived