Defensive Coordinator Diiscussion

DyeHardAllTheWay

Joking aside, I really want Muschamp. But I am fully confident that Odum or Clark would be great hires. Those are very good fundamental and x's and o's coaches. I just really want the splash hire.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now tied for longest thread in the football forum

Pre AE deleting some of it's legendary threads.

I think I was a part of the legendary LS thread at AE, good times!

Not including anything for recruiting. No way we'd beat those. Don't remember any non recruiting threads that've been deleted that beat this

Now tied for longest thread in the football forum

Pre AE deleting some of it's legendary threads.

I think I was a part of the legendary LS thread at AE, good times!

LS will never be beat. Ruben Fosters was pretty massive too

If WM comes, what are the realistic odds of Rocker coming back?

No clue. That's the one part that seems heavily fabricated rumor. I have not seen a valid AU source comment on that at all. I think the more likely scenarios is Garner stays at DL or Boom brings in his DL coach from Florida, Lawing, and Garner goes to TEs.

Not including anything for recruiting. No way we'd beat those. Don't remember any non recruiting threads that've been deleted that beat this

True, of course their lifespan is much longer, so if you divide length of thread by length of time, I think this one could hold its own!

UPDATE: Announcement coming at 9 CT. It's a done deal! BOOM is coming to AU! He is also bringing T-Rob, Tracy Rocker, Randy Shannon, Martez Ivey, Cece Jefferson, Trooper Taylor, Lebron James, Lionel Messi, Mike Tyson, Han Solo, Taylor Swift, and Bruce Wayne.

You forgot Mr. T, Punxsutawney Phil and King Kong's PR manager (The wrestler, not the animal).

There is no way you can leave off Nacho Libre as the ball boy!

However he was unable to garner contracts for Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem to freshen up our game music. Sad.

But he is in negotiations to bring Mel and the Party Hats to the Supper Club for every home game.

now there is a name from the past!

Joking aside, I really want Muschamp. But I am fully confident that Odum or Clark would be great hires. Those are very good fundamental and x's and o's coaches. I just really want the splash hire.

Im not sold on Odom, simply due to a lack of knowledge.

Clark is a whole different issue. While I have zero doubt he would get our defense fundamentally sound, its his scheme that worries me. It would take a good 2 full recruiting cycles to really see what his defense is capable of. The main problem with that is time. Time that I'm not sure Gus has or wants to take. Plus with Clark, he has already been a head coach. What makes everyone think he would stick around to just be his DC. With the way he got UAB bowl eligible, I presume some smaller schools would be interested in him as head guy.

E, you mentioned a few pages ago that staffing hasn't been the hold up.

What has been? Money? Length of contract? Malzahn's wanting to add a swear jar?

If WM comes, what are the realistic odds of Rocker coming back?

No clue. That's the one part that seems heavily fabricated rumor. I have not seen a valid AU source comment on that at all. I think the more likely scenarios is Garner stays at DL or Boom brings in his DL coach from Florida, Lawing, and Garner goes to TEs.

I had heard RG to TEs, but I was wondering how reliable the TR rumors were; or, if they were just more wishful thinking.

I would say ask Golf but he can't remember who Will Muschamp is much less what some of the longest AE threads were.

I would say ask Golf but he can't remember who Will Muschamp is much less what some of the longest AE threads were.

:Sing:

If we land Muschamp, Rocker, and T-Rob we are going to be deadly recruiting. We may even beat out the Crapstone next season in recruiting.

Rocker actually does not like recruiting that much. I'd be ok with bringing in Lawing.

Im not sold on Odom, simply due to a lack of knowledge.

Clark is a whole different issue. While I have zero doubt he would get our defense fundamentally sound, its his scheme that worries me. It would take a good 2 full recruiting cycles to really see what his defense is capable of. The main problem with that is time. Time that I'm not sure Gus has or wants to take. Plus with Clark, he has already been a head coach. What makes everyone think he would stick around to just be his DC. With the way he got UAB bowl eligible, I presume some smaller schools would be interested in him as head guy.

Feel like if you have a DC that is moving to a HC spot, that's good. Sucks you lose him, but it means he did his job, no? Coordinators rarely WANT to stay coordinators. Some have to (Ellis) due to not being HC material, but I would think most would want to move up. Natural progression.

Can someone give me a summary of the Seastrunk thread? That seems like an odd topic to blow up.

I remember reading it as a non member. I think it was the first high profile playmaker we were getting in a while so he was really popular amongst AU fans. Didn't help when he became very vocal in support of AU. When Dyer commited the whole thing fell apart. That's what I remember. Is that pretty accurate Ellitor?

Archived