Did Dr. Ed just blink...

DKW 86

How do you breathe with your head continously up certain people's a$$e$?

132778[/snapback]

Sounds like you have experience and know that would be difficult. :moon:

PRES WALKER & HOUSEL - Mr Bobby can we borrow your jet for something?

Bobby Lowder-Sure you can, but what do you want to use it for

Pres Walker &Housel- We want to see if it's true about the grass in Kentucky being blue

Bobby Lowder- sure go right ahead, but first sign this contract saying that if you get in any trouble, I will have no action taken against me. We will say you would try to pressure me off the board if I didn't allow you the use of my jet

Pres Walker & Housel- Sure, thank you Mr. Bobby. ( leaning over and kissing Lowder's a**)

Lowder- Your welcome, by the way WHO'S YOUR DADDY

well, let's see....IT WAS LOWDER'S PLANE!!!

what else do you want man?

132779[/snapback]

Well as I said in my post above.....please "don't give me the crap about the plane."

If you would just do a minimal of checking you would find that Lowder's plane is used a lot by Auburn officials without Lowder knowing their business. It's the same at a lot of schools. Do you think Paul Bryant, Jr.'s plane isn't used the same way bu UAT officials?

I have no relation with Lowder and as I said in my first post above I'm not defending anyone. But I am an Auburn man and I get tired of seeing so-called Auburn fans criticizing Auburn officials on an internet board with no hard facts to back it up. I think some people need to take timeoput and read the Auburn Creed. Everyone seems to love Hal Baird yet no one has even mentioned that he has led the AD search. If someone doesn't get the AD they want will they criticize Baird?

As Boss so eloquently said above .......enough.

Still his property.

Just like how some stuff happens on someones WATCH, they take the fall for it

Plus he voted to raise our tuition.........again

Oh and I'm sure that he has donated tons of money to the school, but I don't have the facts to back it up

And I'm sure he shed a tear after he raised our tuition while he walked back to his car that costs more than our house(20,000)

Still his property.

So if you let someone use your car and they commited a robbery while using it, it is your fault?

Plus he voted to raise our tuition.........again

"He" raised tuition? I guess the fact that it was a unanimous vote by the BOT isn't worthy of consideration. I can also tell you for a fact that several advisory councils discuss raising tuition every year and make their recommendations long before the BOT ever gets in the act. I know because I am on one and we very reluctantly voted to raise it for the good of AU. You can't operate a first class uninversity with the funds to do it and tuition is a major source of revenue. I doubt anyone here went thru school without at least a couple of tuition raises. And if you do a little research, you will find that AU is still one of the country's best bargains.

132795[/snapback]

well, let's see....IT WAS LOWDER'S PLANE!!!

what else do you want man?

132779[/snapback]

Well as I said in my post above.....please "don't give me the crap about the plane."

If you would just do a minimal of checking you would find that Lowder's plane is used a lot by Auburn officials without Lowder knowing their business. It's the same at a lot of schools. Do you think Paul Bryant, Jr.'s plane isn't used the same way bu UAT officials?

I have no relation with Lowder and as I said in my first post above I'm not defending anyone. But I am an Auburn man and I get tired of seeing so-called Auburn fans criticizing Auburn officials on an internet board with no hard facts to back it up. I think some people need to take timeoput and read the Auburn Creed. Everyone seems to love Hal Baird yet no one has even mentioned that he has led the AD search. If someone doesn't get the AD they want will they criticize Baird?

As Boss so eloquently said above .......enough.

132792[/snapback]

Do you really think the folks on the plane had the secret plan to fire CTT, pay off the 3 million and hire Petrino without talking to Lowder? You think Byron Franklin has more authority than Lowder? Is Byron more of "insider?" Maybe he was going to write the check for 3 million. Yeah, that makes more sense.

Because Alabama is one of the poorest states

Tuition has now been raised like 4 or 5 years in a row

Also, what if someone killed someone with your gun, you can still get in some trouble for that

Especially if a kid gets a hold of it

By the way, I go to AUM.

I also don't see how we could justify spending on putting new carpet in the cafateria. Running commercials on tv. Yeah, there's competition, but I think we all know the same things will be said. We are the best university in town. Let the student decide, not advertising.

I'm all for keeping the grass cut, but we don't have to spend money to plant and grow flowers.

Neccessities should come first.

I do have a question. Do the Board of trustees have a salary for their job or is it vcolunteer.

I want CTT to stay. He is the right man for th ejob, the school, and the AU nation. He has overcame the most embarrasing moment in a coaches career......and provided AU nation with the best season in the modern era......We must keep the ship in the right direction.....or begin to spiral back into a good program with a few great seasons in us.

War Eagle! Beat Va. Tech! 13-0 here we come.

Because Alabama is one of the poorest states

Tuition has now been raised like 4 or 5 years in a row

Also, what if someone killed someone with your gun, you can still get in some trouble for that

Especially if a kid gets a hold of it

By the way, I go to AUM.

I also don't see how we could justify spending on putting new carpet in the cafateria. Running commercials on tv. Yeah, there's competition, but I think we all know the same things will be said. We are the best university in town. Let the student decide, not advertising.

I'm all for keeping the grass cut, but we don't have to spend money to plant and grow flowers.

Neccessities should come first.

I do have a question. Do the Board of trustees have a salary for their job or is it vcolunteer.

132802[/snapback]

I agree with you that a lot of things could be done to reduce overhead expenses and make those suggestions all the time. I guess the bottomline is that Auburn is controlling it's total enrollment and turning away hundreds of students every year. As long as that happens, some people in the budget process won't get too serious.

I don't know if the BOTs are paid but it's a good question. I don't think they get a salary per. se. but I assume they get reimbursed for expenses. I was asked a couple of years back if I would agree to be considered as a candidate for the BOT (I said no in a big hurry) and no one ever mentioned any pay.

Let me add an opinion here. A lot of people have the opinion that Lowder is the evil one and behind all of Auburn's problems. I will leave that debate on the table and say I'm sorry it even came up. But I can tell you that the BOT I always felt like was the worst was Lowell barron and thankfully he is gone. I will be glad when Lowder leaves also, just to put an end to the controversary. :au:

I may be the lone voice "Crying in the Wilderness" on this one, but, I do not think that any part of this can serve to help AUBURN. Let's not air any supposed dirty laundry here in this fashion. Write letters or send e-mail. This just looks bad , to me , in this venue.

Just my two cents...... :au:

You can still be a fan and have an opinion and criticize them. I do realize I probably went a little far with the Lowder thing, but I was trying to be funny while criticising

I may be the lone voice "Crying in the Wilderness" on this one, but, I do not think that any part of this can serve to help AUBURN. Let's not air any supposed dirty laundry here in this fashion. Write letters or send e-mail. This just looks bad , to me , in this venue.

Just my two cents...... :au:

132809[/snapback]

Amen. Thanks WT. :au:

Jay G, Tate of the Montgomery Advertiser was cut off from his Auburn job.

Because he stated facts about the Patrino story, and he was punished.

Boy that's sending the right message.

Yeah he still works for the advertiser.

That's just like exposing corruption in the government or other things, the person that tries to expose it, gets the ax

Maybe if I just get to a higher positon in life, I 'll do the same, because if you don't have a higher status, you can't get away with anything or fire the whistle blowers for telling the TRUTH

Let's not air any supposed dirty laundry here in this fashion.

That is, of course, what they are counting on........

132858[/snapback]

Tim, my friend, that is exactly what they are counting on.

By keeping some pressure on some folks maybe we can stop some of this.

Jay G, Tate of the Montgomery Advertiser was cut off from his Auburn job.

Because he stated facts about the Patrino story, and he was punished.

132819[/snapback]

Since when? He was the Auburn beat writer all year this season.

You can still be a fan and have an opinion and criticize them. I do realize I probably went a little far with the Lowder thing, but I was trying to be funny while criticising

132813[/snapback]

I agree, what hinders me from expressing my opinion, whether it be here or in an e-mail?

Why should I be catious about critizing the Auburn admin here on this board? That's ridiculous!

Well, IF we must discuss this type "stuff" (not using the word I had in mind because this is a family friendly board) Can we at least inforce the "NO RUMORS" rule?

If we are gonna' attack folks with rumors, where will it end? WHO knows the TRUTH about all of this "stuff"? Where do the rumors end and the truths begin?

I am not against a good arguement or discussion,...I would simply like to argue or discuss the FACTS. I have not seen any FACTS that would make me think that JJ is the second coming of hootie ingram.

I have no dog in this fight other than JJ may very well be our new AD and , as such , would have my FULL support until something factual caused me to question him.

I have seen nothing to this point but rumors.

Please, tell me what I am missing and give me something to consider that is based in reality.

Sorry, ...my 2 cents plus change.

WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Tim,

How about we talk about whatever we want to and if you don't wanna join in don't.

There have been articles, at least one posted in this forum, discussing exactly what this thread is about so forget about the rumor rule.

Keep whining if you must. I hate to burst your bubble, but there are many people out there who already realize our University is not perfect so they probably won't be shocked there is a little turmoil again. Like DKW said this can be a catalyst for some change, who knows.

Anyways, take 2 aspirin, unwad your panties, and for the love of God quit stressing your brain so much with this. :poke:

Most of us thought that the AD decision would be Today..... well it didn't happen, it was supposed to be the other day..... well it didn't happen.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda, but it didn't happen on the day we were told

Archived