Patrick Miller going pro

gonefhin

Good analysis of our OL situation at http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/whats_next_auburns_offensive_l.html#incart_river

Makes it obvious that Miller would be sharing time with others in a very deep OL group.

Hard to see how another year in that situation would make a big diff in his readiness for the NFL.

Hope he makes it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good analysis of our OL situation at http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/whats_next_auburns_offensive_l.html#incart_river

Makes it obvious that Miller would be sharing time with others in a very deep OL group.

Hard to see how another year in that situation would make a big diff in his readiness for the NFL.

Hope he makes it.

Which is kind of what confuses me. He's not able to take sole possession of the position on a college team, therefore he thinks he's good enough to get drafted in a good spot?

Hope he makes it.

Which is kind of what confuses me. He's not able to take sole possession of the position on a college team, therefore he thinks he's good enough to get drafted in a good spot?

I was thinking this too. Unless he was told someone would probably spend a 6/7 round pick on him, he should have transfered to a lesser p5 school where he could start. Thanks pat for being a tiger though!

Good analysis of our OL situation at http://www.al.com/au...ml#incart_river

Hope he makes it.

That's the point. Another year would just be more of the same.

And the NFL has tons of guys who didn't start full time in college. Tom Brady is one of them.

Hope he makes it.

And the NFL has tons of guys who didn't start full time in college. Tom Brady is one of them.

Hope he makes it.

You're not trying to say Tom Brady = Patrick Miller are you? Brady got drafted albeit very late, we'll see if Miller does.

Hope he makes it.

You're not trying to say Tom Brady = Patrick Miller are you? Brady got drafted albeit very late, we'll see if Miller does.

I thought what I was saying was pretty clear, but hopefully I've further clarified it above.

King Dunlap comes to mind as a player who didn't start and did well in nfl . I do think he used all his eligibility though. I think he certainly has the talent to make it in the nfl and there is no way to know if another year would have helped or been the same. OLine depth is still pretty good.

Not good enough to start at Auburn. Underweight. Can't stay healthy. So.... jump to NFL. That is the kind of logic that floors me. If you are that convinced you can't make the first team, then transfer to where you will play and can make an impact and improve. Another chance to put on that extra 20 pounds you need. I talked to a man today who tried to make it with the Redskins a few years back. He said that you just can't imagine the difference between college and the NFL. They are big, fast and will pound you.

King Dunlap comes to mind as a player who didn't start and did well in nfl . I do think he used all his eligibility though. I think he certainly has the talent to make it in the nfl and there is no way to know if another year would have helped or been the same. OLine depth is still pretty good.

King Dunlap is a real mystery to me. I could never understand why he was not starting. Tubs bragged about his size, his strength, his workout and when he did play, he played very well. But Tubs kept him on the bench. Another reason Tubs is my most-hated of all Auburn coaches.

Hope he makes it.

I thought what I was saying was pretty clear, but hopefully I've further clarified it above.

In two years, Patrick Miller will be stocking shelves at a grocery store with no degree and little prospects. Someone sold this kid the magic beans.

King Dunlap is a real mystery to me. I could never understand why he was not starting. Tubs bragged about his size, his strength, his workout and when he did play, he played very well. But Tubs kept him on the bench. Another reason Tubs is my most-hated of all Auburn coaches.

I am pretty sure King Dunlap was a starter his last year at AU

King Dunlap was a starter until his Senior season when he was benched, because he essentially gave up. His issue was always motivation, he basically gave up on football his Senior season. He was still drafted off the bench in the 7th round because its talent over everything in the NFL; and he's since then gotten more serious about the game.

Not good enough to start at Auburn.

He was good enough and played well at times, this season included. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Miller was as bad as Coleman was the entire second half of this past season?

He was on the bench because he got into some trouble and seemed to be in the perpetual dog-house...either that or an untimely injury would knock him out. He's got talent and he's got some real physical ability (tall and long); it wouldn't surprise me at all if he impresses some team and you see him an NFL lineup in a couple years.

I don't know why he didn't transfer out, but whatever. It is his decision.

Hope he makes it.

Tom Brady was a full time starter his Jr and Sr year. I remember him beating bama on a last minute drive.35-34 his Sr season in the Orange Bowl. I dont think PM has any kind of remotely comparable resume

Hope he makes it.

Tom Brady was a full time starter his Jr and Sr year. I remember him beating bama on a last minute drive.35-34 his Sr season in the Orange Bowl. I dont think PM has any kind of remotely comparable resume

You are 100% correct and I am 100% wrong. Wow. I have no idea where I got that idea. He was drafted 6th or 7th round, but that's totally different. I'm'a go find a hole to crawl into now.

Hope he makes it.

You are 100% correct and I am 100% wrong. Wow. I have no idea where I got that idea. He was drafted 6th or 7th round, but that's totally different. I'm'a go find a hole to crawl into now.

Don't do that, McLoofus. We need folks willing to admit straight up they were wrong posting on the boards. Props for that.

Hope he makes it.

Don't do that, McLoofus. We need folks willing to admit straight up they were wrong posting on the boards. Props for that.

Thanks. And who am I kidding, I can't keep my dumb, argumentative trap shut anyway.

I think I remember King being replaced by Ziemba early in his senior year, and Ziemba was a Freshman.

I think I remember King being replaced by Ziemba early in his senior year, and Ziemba was a Freshman.

yes,exactly

Hope he makes it.

Thanks. And who am I kidding, I can't keep my dumb, argumentative trap shut anyway.

Well said...........j/k loofus

I'll proudly wear a golf jab as a badge of honor!

Hope he makes it.

You might be wrong with Brady but the point was correct. The NFL is full of guys that played at Div II or FCS schools and places nobody ever heard of. Sports is the ultimate meritocracy....if you have enough talent, you will get to play...no matter how many games you started in college or where you went to school.

WE Patrick.

I'll proudly wear a golf jab as a badge of honor!

Who be jabbing??? or bejammin

Archived