Auburn-Georgia Tech

AUTUmike

Clemson and Tech fans are fine with the match ups, I mean outside of FSU who do they have to get excited about in the ACC? Syracuse, Boston College, what about Duke? What a trash conference, if I were Tech I would be begging to get back in the SEC.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been a fan of change for the sake of change. Tech and Clemson are as challenging as we should get with OOC teams and I like having them on Auburn's schedule. I like going to Grant Field and to that place Coach Jordan called "A pastoral scene" at Clemson. A ten year home and home contract with each one would suit me fine. To each his own, I suppose.

"challenging as we should get" That sounds like comfortable talk...why would you be comfortable playing the same guys? Alabama plays Michigan, VT, etc and etc LSU plays Wisconsin, Oregon, the like, finally were slightly expanding wit UL and Wazzu but you WANT to go back to playing the same Clemson and GT again and again, expansion and seeing new more interesting teams is necessary

Two points: 1: I don't give a rat's azz who bammer plays. 2: Scheduling new teams is not necessary. Tech and Clemson are good fits, in our general recruiting area and we have a long history with both of them and both are tough opponents. That beats scheduling say, Idaho by several degrees of satisfaction. Are you afraid of Tech and Clemson because they've both whupped us recently?

I've never been a fan of change for the sake of change. Tech and Clemson are as challenging as we should get with OOC teams and I like having them on Auburn's schedule. I like going to Grant Field and to that place Coach Jordan called "A pastoral scene" at Clemson. A ten year home and home contract with each one would suit me fine. To each his own, I suppose.

"challenging as we should get" That sounds like comfortable talk...why would you be comfortable playing the same guys? Alabama plays Michigan, VT, etc and etc LSU plays Wisconsin, Oregon, the like, finally were slightly expanding wit UL and Wazzu but you WANT to go back to playing the same Clemson and GT again and again, expansion and seeing new more interesting teams is necessary

Two points: 1: I don't give a rat's azz who bammer plays. 2: Scheduling new teams is not necessary. Tech and Clemson are good fits, in our general recruiting area and we have a long history with both of them and both are tough opponents. That beats scheduling say, Idaho by several degrees of satisfaction. Are you afraid of Tech and Clemson because they've both whupped us recently?

Do you ever reach out and challenge yourself or do you always just stay in your little circle and never venture out of it?

Do you ever reach out and challenge yourself or do you always just stay in your little circle and never venture out of it?

Do you ever let someone have their own opinion or do you always have something to say about someone's opinion?

WE will not be a nationally recognized program until we act like one.

Now, I am old school and Tech was a serious rival. Would be glad to have them back permanently but in the replace a La. Monroe slot basis.

IMHO, we need to schedule a BC, Oregon, Michigan St., etc. Fans want relevant games, polls want them. So, by all means, keep one small instate school, add Ga Tech or even Cuzzin Clem and then an intersectional major power .

Now, I am old school and Tech was a serious rival. Would be glad to have them back permanently but in the replace a La. Monroe slot basis.

IMHO, we need to schedule a BC, Oregon, Michigan St., etc. Fans want relevant games, polls want them. So, by all means, keep one small instate school, add Ga Tech or even Cuzzin Clem and then an intersectional major power .

Not be a nationally recognized program? Did you miss the last several years? Even with our mostly wimpy OOC schedule we still end up with a top ten SOS most years. As for intersectional major powers....that pretty much changes one year to the next. We get our chances to play intersectional powers in bowl games...just wish we would take them more seriously.

Clemson isn't a power? Have you even seen Clemson the last four years?

No reason to play Tech. Not respected nationally, so no credit for beating them. Gimmick offense that you need more than a week to prepare for. Lose/lose situation. Play a big name Big Ten loser, or Pac Ten loser, or Big 12 loser, or ACC loser, or Notre Dame. Get some credit with name recognition even though the team is bad.

No reason to play Tech. Not respected nationally, so no credit for beating them. Gimmick offense that you need more than a week to prepare for. Lose/lose situation. Play a big name Big Ten loser, or Pac Ten loser, or Big 12 loser, or ACC loser, or Notre Dame. Get some credit with name recognition even though the team is bad.

GT was 10 and 3. Theyr'e respected.

I agree with what some are saying about playing Tech and Clemson all the time. But, in regards to Tech, they best MSU who beat us But I would definitely love to play tosu or USCw, Oregon or any other big name power.

%^$#&^%$**^% Think I'll just kill myself. Good god almighty what the hell is JJ thinking schedule that piece of crap school. Bobby Dodd is/was a piece of you know what... Just shoot me now and get the frickin pain over with.

I came to this thread just to read this comment. Classic.

Yep...this used to be a great rivalry...and would be an instant rivalry again if we wanted it to...Golf is ready to go raise h*** shouting War Eagle all over their campus like we did in the old days during the week before their game.

Been there done that more then once. Got my rear end in trouble on a few occasions. Believe it or not even dated a Tech girl back in the day yep Tech had girls even back then. Butt ughy but parent had money and lived in Druid Hills

Golf, you were shooting too low. You should have picked on the ones that lived on West Paces or Habersham. ;D

%^$#&^%$**^% Think I'll just kill myself. Good god almighty what the hell is JJ thinking schedule that piece of crap school. Bobby Dodd is/was a piece of you know what... Just shoot me now and get the frickin pain over with.

I came to this thread just to read this comment. Classic.

Yep...this used to be a great rivalry...and would be an instant rivalry again if we wanted it to...Golf is ready to go raise h*** shouting War Eagle all over their campus like we did in the old days during the week before their game.

Been there done that more then once. Got my rear end in trouble on a few occasions. Believe it or not even dated a Tech girl back in the day yep Tech had girls even back then. Butt ughy but parent had money and lived in Druid Hills

Golf, you were shooting too low. You should have picked on the ones that lived on West Paces or Habersham. ;D

Damn good point Slammer :slapfh:

So is red the new sarcasm?

Trust me that is not sarcasm

Well don't go killing yourself. Greasing tracks again might be fun!

Exactly. If they continue to be perennial contenters for the ACC championship then competing against Tech will look good for Auburn.

Plus I like rivalry. If it were up to me every scheduled game would be a rivalry. And in this era of sports grudge matches sell.

Exactly. If they continue to be perennial contenters for the ACC championship then competing against Tech will look good for Auburn.

Plus I like rivalry. If it were up to me every scheduled game would be a rivalry. And in this era of sports grudge matches sell.

intersectional matches against traditional powers sell too. Think of the interest nationally from Auburn vs OSU.

intersectional matches against traditional powers sell too. Think of the interest nationally from Auburn vs OSU.

What is your deal with OSU dude? Do you have to mindlessly post everyday on this thread that you want us to play Ohio State? We get it.

We should schedule them soon then. They tend to fall apart quickly. They won the national title in 1990, didnt have another good year for nearly a decade. They "won" the acc in 2009, weren't good again till this year. Three of the last four years they didn't even win 8 games. I wouldn't say they are nationally respected. You need more than a couple decent years a decade to earn that.

sadly, the same can be said about us. I think everyone on this board feels as I do....AU is awesome! But looking at the statement above, without knowing who you were talking about, one might think you were talking about AU... :-(

sadly, the same can be said about us. I think everyone on this board feels as I do....AU is awesome! But looking at the statement above, without knowing who you were talking about, one might think you were talking about AU... :-(

Yeah, we can fit in there. Even with a recent national title and heisman winner, I think we come up a bit short on national respect. It doesn't help that we are in the same conference as UF, LSU, Bama. Georgia, and A&M.

Yeah, we can fit in there. Even with a recent national title and heisman winner, I think we come up a bit short on national respect. It doesn't help that we are in the same conference as UF, LSU, Bama. Georgia, and A&M.

Not sure how you figure that. The whole year we were the highest ranked team with the equivalent number of losses. I see early polls having us ranked high next year in spite of the way this year finished. I think Auburn is at a point now where we get the benefit of the doubt and are generally expected to be one of the better teams in the nation year in and year out. This year was a disappointment but all signs point to future success and pundits and other fans seems to agree. Just look at how Auburn recruits now.

I wouldn't exactly put A&M in the "elite" slot just yet either. They, too, have had one good season. Like us, I think they will become very good in the next few years. But neither one of us has quite reached that level yet.

Archived