Auburn-Georgia Tech

AUTUmike

*Just a quick reminder that 5 of the CFP's final top 25 ranked teams (before the bowls) are on our annual schedule. One of those teams made it to the playoffs. I believe 3 of them were, at one point or another in the season, ranked #1 in the nation. I know at least 2 were.*

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

%^$#&^%$**^% Think I'll just kill myself. Good god almighty what the hell is JJ thinking schedule that piece of crap school. Bobby Dodd is/was a piece of you know what... Just shoot me now and get the frickin pain over with.

I came to this thread just to read this comment. Classic.

%^$#&^%$**^% Think I'll just kill myself. Good god almighty what the hell is JJ thinking schedule that piece of crap school. Bobby Dodd is/was a piece of you know what... Just shoot me now and get the frickin pain over with.

Yep...this used to be a great rivalry...and would be an instant rivalry again if we wanted it to...Golf is ready to go raise h*** shouting War Eagle all over their campus like we did in the old days during the week before their game.

AU-GT is one of the oldest football rivalries in the deep south, and for AU, I think it is second only to AU-UGA. For that reason, I would like to see it return as a semi-regular series. I certainly prefer GT to other ACC teams.

I agree with all of the commentary of how distant teams have been able to bring people to JHS. I believe this is because of AU's proximity to Atlanta, and the large number of people from around the U.S. in Atlanta.

The reverse could be an issue. Universities in close proximity to large metro areas would be better for a series than a university in a remote area.

Everyone who remembers the games before 1980 will enjoy this game

17 years old recruits don't remember the 70s.... We already recruit well in Atlanta. This game will do nothing to help recruiting, and if we aren't using OOC games to help recruiting then we are complete idiots. This would be a huge wasted opportunity. GT has everything to gain by playing AU and we have nothing to gain by playing them. That's the basic definition of a bad deal.

Yep...this used to be a great rivalry...and would be an instant rivalry again if we wanted it to...Golf is ready to go raise h*** shouting War Eagle all over their campus like we did in the old days during the week before their game.

Been there done that more then once. Got my rear end in trouble on a few occasions. Believe it or not even dated a Tech girl back in the day yep Tech had girls even back then. Butt ughy but parent had money and lived in Druid Hills

Been there done that more then once. Got my rear end in trouble on a few occasions. Believe it or not even dated a Tech girl back in the day yep Tech had girls even back then. Butt ughy but parent had money and lived in Druid Hills

And probably thought quite highly of herself since the entire campus was fighting for the affections of her and the other 9 female Tech students?

If we're going to schedule ACC teams, we picked the two least interesting teams to play.

Miami, Pittsburgh, or North Carolina would have been my choices. It would be nice if we could play teams that we've rarely played. Instead we play two of our most played non-conference opponents. How exciting............ :rolleyes:

Scheduling Louisville was a good move but then Jay Jacobs goes and schedules Clemson and now is trying to get Ga Tech. Talk about a buzzkill.

Some of the ACC teams I'd like to see us play a series are Ga. Tech, Va. Tech, Wake Forest and Duke.

Only one of those four I'd want to play is Va Tech. GT is ok, if only to have the pajama parade once again. Their coach is a jerk though. I'd rather play BYU. They have a national following, practically a guaranteed tv game, and we've never played them before.

Some of the ACC teams I'd like to see us play a series are Ga. Tech, Va. Tech, Wake Forest and Duke.

Only one of those four I'd want to play is Va Tech. GT is ok, if only to have the pajama parade once again. Their coach is a jerk though. I'd rather play BYU. They have a national following, practically a guaranteed tv game, and we've never played them before.

Give me an honest answer here: If we schedule a home and home with Brigham Young will you go to Utah? I'll use that weekend to catch up on fall yard work. Atlanta and Clemson now, I'll be going to those games.

Give me an honest answer here: If we schedule a home and home with Brigham Young will you go to Utah? I'll use that weekend to catch up on fall yard work. Atlanta and Clemson now, I'll be going to those games.

Might not go to BYU. I'd definitely go to Oregon, USC, OSU, Michigan or someone like that. Heck I'd go to TCU or Baylor. Break loose and do something besides the same old same old. I won't might go to Atlanta once. I wouldn't even bother thinking about going to Clemson.

Might not go to BYU. I'd definitely go to Oregon, USC, OSU, Michigan or someone like that. Heck I'd go to TCU or Baylor. Break loose and do something besides the same old same old. I won't might go to Atlanta once. I wouldn't even bother thinking about going to Clemson.

The K-State game this year was awesome. We need to keep expanding. Tech is just boring.

99% no lol. I probably won't go, but there's a higher chance of me going to that game than to Clemson or GT. I'd definitely drive up to auburn to see the BYU game. I would go to GT at Jordan-Hare if family went. No interest in clemson. Been there, seen that,

Maybe it's just the way I view things in general but I like adventuring out and trying new things. I don't like getting in a rut or routine and doing the same old thing all the time. It's fun to get out and challenge yourself and see what else is out there in this big old world. It's not a challenge to schedule GT or Clemson. Those are safe for the fans and the program. It's the easy choice.

I've never been a fan of change for the sake of change. Tech and Clemson are as challenging as we should get with OOC teams and I like having them on Auburn's schedule. I like going to Grant Field and to that place Coach Jordan called "A pastoral scene" at Clemson. A ten year home and home contract with each one would suit me fine. To each his own, I suppose.

I wonder how Clemson and GT fans feel about this? Or Wisconsin fans prior to the bowl game.

I personally want to see NEW opponents.

I've never been a fan of change for the sake of change. Tech and Clemson are as challenging as we should get with OOC teams and I like having them on Auburn's schedule. I like going to Grant Field and to that place Coach Jordan called "A pastoral scene" at Clemson. A ten year home and home contract with each one would suit me fine. To each his own, I suppose.

I'm not disparaging the level of competition with GT or Clemson. I just prefer to see a new face out there every so often.

I'm not disparaging the level of competition with GT or Clemson. I just prefer to see a new face out there every so often.

If an annual with Tech shuts down the KSUs and Cals, then I'm with you. I've been operating on the assumption that we'd still get those at the current clip.

"challenging as we should get" That sounds like comfortable talk...why would you be comfortable playing the same guys? Alabama plays Michigan, VT, etc and etc LSU plays Wisconsin, Oregon, the like, finally were slightly expanding wit UL and Wazzu but you WANT to go back to playing the same Clemson and GT again and again, expansion and seeing new more interesting teams is necessary

Archived