Auburn-Georgia Tech

AUTUmike

Wake Forest and UNC are playing each other as a "non-conference" game.

I wonder if the SEC would allow for this. We could be adding UF and/or UT.

It's been done before. I don't know if Auburn has ever done that but I believe Alabama has with Vanderbilt.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny I remember how tech. fsu and even clemson were always pretty big games. and I don't recall anyone saying ah......man we just played tech and fsu last year. or whenever we scheduled clemson I never heard anyone say oh great....clemson again everytime I hear someone say "we play those teams too much" it really sounds meh to me I understand some folks wanting variety. but I don't have a problem scheduling some of our old rivals either

WE will not be a nationally recognized program until we act like one.

Now, I am old school and Tech was a serious rival. Would be glad to have them back permanently but in the replace a La. Monroe slot basis.

IMHO, we need to schedule a BC, Oregon, Michigan St., etc. Fans want relevant games, polls want them. So, by all means, keep one small instate school, add Ga Tech or even Cuzzin Clem and then an intersectional major power .

I agree with oregon. michigan state. but BC? (I assume you're talking about Boston College)

Why not? You must be too young to remember what a great series AU-Tech had for a lot of years.

clearly you aren't paying attention or you would know that not only is Golf old but he's probably the oldest poster we have here.... I think he was around BEFORE leather helmets. :lol: It's because of this "experience" that he doesn't want us playing Georgia Tech.

This is ridiculous. Does Jay Jacobs know anybody else other than the Clemson and Ga Tech AD's? Why can't we play VaTech or Miami? Unbelievable

I agree, let's play Big 12,Big 10 or PAC 12 teams too.

Georgia Tech is a traditional rival. I think it would be great to resume that series. I also think it would be nice to play schools from other power 5 conferences.

Auburn future schedules:

2016 - Clemson at Auburn

2017* - Auburn at Clemson

2018* - Georgia Tech at Auburn

2019 - Auburn at Georgia Tech

2020 - Clemson at Auburn

2021* - Auburn at Clemson

2022 - Georgia Tech at Auburn

2023* - Auburn at Georgia Tech

*Bowl game against Wisconsin

North Carolina is scheduling Wake Forest, a conference opponent for a non-conference game because they apparently have no one else to play. Could we have at least scheduled them? I would be ok with Miami, UNC, or Va Tech. Just not Clemson or Ga Tech. And hopefully we'll be seeing FSU again in the playoffs.

sadly, the same can be said about us. I think everyone on this board feels as I do....AU is awesome! But looking at the statement above, without knowing who you were talking about, one might think you were talking about AU... :-(

I think the difference there is Auburn plays in a ridiculously hard conference, granted that means Auburn will be on a higher plane of talent than GT, but (and I don't think it's too arguable a point if you're looking at the past 2 decades) Auburn is a team capable of being elite that is usually dragged down by having potentially the hardest duo of rivals out of anyone. I can't name a single program that plays two teams perennially that are as consistently a nuisance like UA and UGA. You might say FSU or USC or even Texas but they all are playing teams that haven't been consistently good in a while. Alabama is the best program in CFB right now (Pat Dye forgive me) and Georgia is the toughest East team to deal with year in and year out

sadly, the same can be said about us. I think everyone on this board feels as I do....AU is awesome! But looking at the statement above, without knowing who you were talking about, one might think you were talking about AU... :-(

I think the difference there is Auburn plays in a ridiculously hard conference, granted that means Auburn will be on a higher plane of talent than GT, but (and I don't think it's too arguable a point if you're looking at the past 2 decades) Auburn is a team capable of being elite that is usually dragged down by having potentially the hardest duo of rivals out of anyone. I can't name a single program that plays two teams perennially that are as consistently a nuisance like UA and UGA. You might say FSU or USC or even Texas but they all are playing teams that haven't been consistently good in a while. Alabama is the best program in CFB right now (Pat Dye forgive me) and Georgia is the toughest East team to deal with year in and year out

We really need UTk to get back on track to help even things out.

We really need UTk to get back on track to help even things out.

They're going up right now, if Dobbs keeps progressing and this OL becomes better, they could potentially be a 8, 9 win team.....

North Carolina is scheduling Wake Forest, a conference opponent for a non-conference game because they apparently have no one else to play. Could we have at least scheduled them? I would be ok with Miami, UNC, or Va Tech. Just not Clemson or Ga Tech. And hopefully we'll be seeing FSU again in the playoffs.

That is not at all why UNC is playing Wake. They are playing each other because they were a traditional rivalry that was split up because of conference realignment. So instead of continuing to whine about it like we do about UF and UT, they are resuming the rivalry. We should at least have that option.

Georgia Tech is a traditional rival. I think it would be great to resume that series. I also think it would be nice to play schools from other power 5 conferences.

good grief of all people should have known it would be you.

:laugh:

The sole reason i still come to this thread is to watch golf gripe lol

The sole reason i still come to this thread is to watch golf gripe lol

:hellyeah:

Archived