Fighting Soldiers DVD

Proud Tiger

No, not yet. They all seem amazed that so many people are asking for the DVDs and don't know if or when they will get any copies. Somebody really goofed on this one! The AU athletic dept. website still has an ad for the DVD (as of this morning) and it still states that they will be available at Movie Gallery stores statewide beginning Dec. 16th.

No, not yet.  They all seem amazed that so many people are asking for the DVDs and don't know if or when they will get any copies.  Somebody really goofed on this one!  The AU athletic dept. website still has an ad for the DVD (as of this morning) and it still states that they will be available at Movie Gallery stores statewide beginning Dec. 16th.

132972[/snapback]

Thanks. I was just wondering if it was only the Huntsville stores that didn't have it.

No, not yet.  They all seem amazed that so many people are asking for the DVDs and don't know if or when they will get any copies.  Somebody really goofed on this one!  The AU athletic dept. website still has an ad for the DVD (as of this morning) and it still states that they will be available at Movie Gallery stores statewide beginning Dec. 16th.

132972[/snapback]

Thanks. I was just wondering if it was only the Huntsville stores that didn't have it.

132983[/snapback]

My brother in Dothan purchased it and we watched it this weekend, it's as good as anything AUNetwork has done. It includes a photo montage from the season as well as the AU Football "Coming in 2004" movie trailer, which is updated to include highlights from the SEC Championship.

How long is the video? Is it worth the $20 ?

133058[/snapback]

Right at an hour long, I believe. Lots of locker room footage including SEC Championship MVP trophy and SEC Championship trophy presentations, comments by Mike Slive and even comments by our "great" governor of Alabama, Bob Riley. The DVD was well worth the money to me!

How long is the video? Is it worth the $20 ?

133058[/snapback]

This is a review that NewAZTiger posted on the ITAT board...

I just finished watching it on my computer because it isn't a true manufactured DVD, but a DVD-R (not DVD+R, but DVD-R) disc. Also a couple of thumbs down for the Movie-Gallery logo on the DVD-menu screen. In 20 years, is this company even going to be around??? NO. Keep the logo on the packaging, and include it in the credits, but keep the out-of-place logo off the DVD Menu.

Overall, it's pretty good. Auburn Network is getting better at producing these things compared to the last ones I watched from the early 90s. WDEAU's stuff is still better, IMHO, so I'm giving the disc a "B+".

Mike Hubbard narrates the DVD and does a good job.

Things that Surprised me:

1) Cox as QB made the highlights from a couple of games.

2) Carl Stewart's TDs were shown.

3) Much of the game-video is field-level, and it really shows how good Ronnie and Carnell are on the ground.

4) TD celebrations - even the big TDs - are all handled like another day at the office.

5) No Carnell or Ronnie Interviews

Here's an outline of the Disc, hitting on the highlights.

Opening Sequence

Tubs Interview

Hard Fighting Soldiers song

Al Borges Interview (Nice Shirt, Al! ;) )

Tubs interview

La Monroe Game

MSU Game

Post-game lockerroom.

LSU game

Tigerwalk (incredible)

Eagle Flight :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

1st good musical score. (It's hit an miss, mostly hit on SEC games, mostly miss on non-conference foes.)

Brett Eddins sack - multiple views

Last Drive

Borges Interview "First Round Draft Pick"

JC Interview

Post-game locker room

Citadel

UT

Tigerwalk

Pregame Locker Room (Rosegreen already helmeted up and ready to go!)

Pregame Tunnel

Soundtrack picks back up.

Chizik Interview

Postgame Locker Room

Tubs interview

La Tech

Flyover

Soundtrack pretty good for non-conference

Silas Daniels Interview

"D-Line Roll Call" -- Excellent Bit.

Arkansas

Tigerwalk

Soundtrack Good

Aromashodu Interview

Senior Roll Call

Tubs Interview

Chizik Interview

UK

Pregame Band shots

Ole Miss

Pregame Band Shots

Soundtrack at intro absolutely ROCKS (Halloween theme...)

Pregame Bramblett (well done)

Soundtrack steps down a notch but is still good.

Karibi Dede Interview

Post-game Locker Room

Bye Week

Locked Arms shot

Hard Fighting Soldiers Clip

Tubs Interview re: Chette Williams

UGA (Second Longest Treatment)

Tigerwalk and tailgating

Soundtrack good

Flyover

Pregame Locker Room

Tubs Interview

Gameday Crowd

Carlos Rogers Interview

Borges Interview "sift his way through garbage"

Postgame Crowd (I saw you - you were wearing Orange! ;) )

Postgame Locker Room

UA (Less Treatment than Ole Miss. :rollin :rollin :rollin )

Tigerwalk

Borges Interview

Postgame Crowd

SECCG (gets longest treatment)

Arm in Arm entrance

Lots of game clips, long clips, non-TV clips

Postgame Locker Room

Mike Slive - he can speak.

Campbell MVP award

That's pretty much the DVD. It's well done, like I said. Not as good as I would've liked, but I have rather high standards. It's definitely better than the last AU Network stuff I bought in the mid-90's, and I would definitely recommend it to any AU fan, provided they could play DVD-Rs (boo, AU network. No mention on the packaging about that either - F for effort. Although, the actual DVD logo isn't on the cover)

Bonus Material A-

There is a Slide show with a decent sound track. Some of the images are from the freely-available ones from auburntigers.com, with some new ones mixed in. Probably about 50% new stuff not on the web site.

And the Gem of the Bonus Material is the 2004 Season Movie Trailer. It's a rework of the 2004 pregame trailer, however it only has highlights from this years team and this years players. It also has a nice ending. A+ on this.

The Bonus material could've had an A+ had it included a full picture roster and coaches roster/bio, as well as some other interviews.

Full thread is at http://mb8.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessa...cID=78642.topic

Hope this helps. I think I'm going to hold off on buying it in hopes that someone will produce a DVD later on that includes Sugar Bowl footage. :)

Archived