Strategic Patience

Proud Tiger

Just surprised how you and your buddy can be so ignorant on a topic; and still try to pretend you have any idea what you're talking about. You are also both adept at not facing up to questions/statements that expose your ignorance...like above....by trying to deflect to something else. Look, I'm sure there are topic you guys know a lot about; this just happens to not be one of them. So why wouldn't you be mature enough to admit it; or just not way-in? When I am either disinterested or ignorant on a topic; I just don't comment...you guys double down on snark. So, yeah, Momma's boys seems appropriate.

While Homer is arguably susceptible to that remark, I've seen no obvious response in any thread where ICHY was. Snark is not is his MO.

Hey, don't try to single me out. I need a wingman to protect my back from cowardly assaults.

I don't even know what Japan's so upset about. We never reached an agreement on what defines "sophisticated". A bunch of crazy Islamists hauling ass over the desert in Taccos and assorted captured weaponry doesn't qualify IMO.

That's not to say they represent a dangerous threat to the region, but the U.S. can't protect the region, only the region can protect the region.

I didn't mean to single you out in such a context, and I do apologize. I find both of you to be fascinating people to discuss any issue with, and I always relish the opportunity, but ICHY is indeed less jaded than you Homer. He had his alter-ego to address the rubbish with, you did it full-force, in "person" as it were.

Yeah, I'll admit I've upped it a notch lately. I think the older I get, the less tolerant of BS I become.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox news is just unbeatable!

How do they stay so awesome, and unbiased?????

Being the Best helps...

It was actually a very good article and explained perfectly the meaning behind strategic patience. Those with an agenda fail to comprehend it.

I think those with a brain see right through it...

Please keep the intelligence remarks out of it (not just directed at you, WT). Irritating. AU men and women are smart people. We may not agree on everything, but we're pretty smart.

"If one continually diminishes another persons intellect, it is likely a statement of their own intellect or lack thereof." Word.

I will not diminish the accuracy of that quote, as I find it accurate myself. However, where do you think the posters on this forum stand in relation to it?

I too find it very accurate. I don't feel it my place to assign or direct it to an individual or group. For the greater good of the forum, I just hope the guilty ponder the point.

You could have answered my question in a PM if you liked. I was intrigued by your response to the question, and you disappointed me. I know you are not the only one annoyed by threads that continually devolve into insults of intelligence and hyperbole that leave the reader with a headache.

My apologies. I did weasel out on that one, but you nailed the obvious anyway. Far to often posters lash out with little to no intellectual thought process, although I doubt they would admit as much. It is often based on past differences or so it seems. The result is a waste of time, mindless, childish drivel. It is simply my opinion but, I think we can all do much better.

Just surprised how you and your buddy can be so ignorant on a topic; and still try to pretend you have any idea what you're talking about. You are also both adept at not facing up to questions/statements that expose your ignorance...like above....by trying to deflect to something else. Look, I'm sure there are topic you guys know a lot about; this just happens to not be one of them. So why wouldn't you be mature enough to admit it; or just not way-in? When I am either disinterested or ignorant on a topic; I just don't comment...you guys double down on snark. So, yeah, Momma's boys seems appropriate.

While Homer is arguably susceptible to that remark, I've seen no obvious response in any thread where ICHY was. Snark is not is his MO.

Hey, don't try to single me out. I need a wingman to protect my back from cowardly assaults.

I don't even know what Japan's so upset about. We never reached an agreement on what defines "sophisticated". A bunch of crazy Islamists hauling ass over the desert in Taccos and assorted captured weaponry doesn't qualify IMO.

That's not to say they represent a dangerous threat to the region, but the U.S. can't protect the region, only the region can protect the region.

I didn't mean to single you out in such a context, and I do apologize. I find both of you to be fascinating people to discuss any issue with, and I always relish the opportunity, but ICHY is indeed less jaded than you Homer. He had his alter-ego to address the rubbish with, you did it full-force, in "person" as it were.

I need an alter-ego. Time for a sockpuppet account!

I'd create one, but I just can't handle the "nice guy" part, even with the alter ego. ;D

Being the Best helps...

It was actually a very good article and explained perfectly the meaning behind strategic patience. Those with an agenda fail to comprehend it.

Please keep the intelligence remarks out of it (not just directed at you, WT). Irritating. AU men and women are smart people. We may not agree on everything, but we're pretty smart.

"If one continually diminishes another persons intellect, it is likely a statement of their own intellect or lack thereof." Word.

I will not diminish the accuracy of that quote, as I find it accurate myself. However, where do you think the posters on this forum stand in relation to it?

I too find it very accurate. I don't feel it my place to assign or direct it to an individual or group. For the greater good of the forum, I just hope the guilty ponder the point.

You could have answered my question in a PM if you liked. I was intrigued by your response to the question, and you disappointed me. I know you are not the only one annoyed by threads that continually devolve into insults of intelligence and hyperbole that leave the reader with a headache.

My apologies. I did weasel out on that one, but you nailed the obvious anyway. Far to often posters lash out with little to no intellectual thought process, although I doubt they would admit as much. It is often based on past differences or so it seems. The result is a waste of time, mindless, childish drivel. It is simply my opinion but, I think we can all do much better.

Many of the posters in here are people that I respect from past interaction. I've found that most of them respond in kind to what they're given. Homer, bigbens42, ICHY, AUUSN, autigeremt, and even ProudTiger (I apologize to anyone I missed) are capable of being reasonable when necessary, but so many threads in this forum degenerate before anyone can either respond rationally or defend their position rationally. I do understand why that is the case, but it still does become aggravating over time.

I'd create one, but I just can't handle the "nice guy" part, even with the alter ego. ;D

Sure you can. You've never had any difficultly having discussion with me, and have even recommended a good book I'm reading now.

Who said he has to be nice? I was planning on creating a lunatic clown that's had a little too much cocaine.

Calling someone else ignorant without any explanation as to why, will not garner any credibility. Why am I ignorant? Can you explain? What makes you so sure that I don't know what I am talking about?

And don't tell me about snark or maturity. I have been very civil. You should try it. You getting your feelings hurt and lashing out for no reason hardly makes me a "mommas boy".

Who said he has to be nice? I was planning on creating a lunatic clown that's had a little too much cocaine.

Isn't cocaine always the answer?

Being the Best helps...

Many of the posters in here are people that I respect from past interaction. I've found that most of them respond in kind to what they're given. Homer, bigbens42, ICHY, AUUSN, autigeremt, and even ProudTiger (I apologize to anyone I missed) are capable of being reasonable when necessary, but so many threads in this forum degenerate before anyone can either respond rationally or defend their position rationally. I do understand why that is the case, but it still does become aggravating over time.

I agree with the respect part. I too respect those mentioned and many more not mentioned, yourself included. Where I disagree is the response in kind to what we are given. Look, we all have the choice to be civil and defend a position rationally all the time. I'd say Titan is a good example here more often than not. Way more often actually.

Calling someone else ignorant without any explanation as to why, will not garner any credibility. Why am I ignorant? Can you explain? What makes you so sure that I don't know what I am talking about?

And don't tell me about snark or maturity. I have been very civil. You should try it. You getting your feelings hurt and lashing out for no reason hardly makes me a "mommas boy".

That is about as snarky as ICHY gets, and I'd hardly call that snarky.

Being the Best helps...

I agree with the respect part. I too respect those mentioned and many more not mentioned, yourself included. Where I disagree is the response in kind to what we are given. Look, we all have the choice to be civil and defend a position rationally all the time. I'd say Titan is a good example here more often than not.

I definitely agree. Titan has more patience than any other poster I've seen in this forum, and that includes myself. That said, even Titan gets annoyed when people confront him with strawmen, and he eventually capitulates to it, like the rest of it. Get to know some of us, through PM if necessary, you'll probably find better conversations than the public forum had to offer.

Being the Best helps...

.."reasonable when necessary"..? Heck, I am reasonable by default. <_<

But you are correct, I do respond in kind. ;)

Only if the question is "where did all of my money go?", "where are all of my things?" or "why am I in a 10x10 cell in the county jail?"

Being the Best helps...

I agree with the respect part. I too respect those mentioned and many more not mentioned, yourself included. Where I disagree is the response in kind to what we are given. Look, we all have the choice to be civil and defend a position rationally all the time. I'd say Titan is a good example here more often than not.

I definitely agree. Titan has more patience than any other poster I've seen in this forum, and that includes myself. That said, even Titan gets annoyed when people confront him with strawmen, and he eventually capitulates to it, like the rest of it. Get to know some of us, through PM if necessary, you'll probably find better conversations than the public forum had to offer.

Thanks for the advice. Have a good one.

Only if the question is "where did all of my money go?", "where are all of my things?" or "why am I in a 10x10 cell in the county jail?"

;D Humor: The lubricant that make life bearable.

Now I want some Totally Awesome, Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake.

I can only speak for myself. I have posted plenty of things that, in hindsight, I wasn't particularly proud of. I have noticed that there are more than a few people who are trying to present themselves in a much, much more civil, adult manner. I admire their efforts and, I am attempting to do the same.

Now I want some Totally Awesome, Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake.

I tried it. I was aware of my tongue. It was not pleasant.

I can only speak for myself. I have posted plenty of things that, in hindsight, I wasn't particularly proud of. I have noticed that there are more than a few people who are trying to present themselves in a much, much more civil, adult manner. I admire their efforts and, I am attempting to do the same.

I have posted such things myself, but I'm quite convinced that you're not guilty of such without provocation.

I've been letting my snark get away from me, especially recently. I really need to dial it back a notch.

I've been letting my snark get away from me, especially recently. I really need to dial it back a notch.

I don't have to tell you guys but, I am as guilty as anyone. I am trying. Genuinely trying. It has become somewhat of a pet peeve. Carry on gents. Bedtime.

In the beginning I was REALLY trying to be respectful to everyone. I received about 4 inbox messages from people telling me they don't know how I remained civil but they respected me for it. Couple of situations sent me off edge but I'll make an effort to get back to how I was, feel like I let those people who inboxed me down. Also had an incident where me and Weegs I think talked through pm's and had a great convo and after that convo understood each other much better after. So some things I've read have been great points

U.S. Stealth Fighters Escorted Jordanian Revenge Strikes

F-22 pilots shepherded allies through dangerous air space

When Jordan’s air force launched a campaign of revenge air raids on Islamic State in Syria in early February, U.S. Air Force fighter jets helped protect the Jordanian F-16s as they flew over enemy territory.

The American escorts included F-16CJs specially equipped to find and destroy surface-to-air radars—and also F-22 Raptor stealth fighters, which flew their first ever combat missions in the opening hours of the U.S.-led air campaign targeting Islamic State militants Syria beginning in September.

A small number of F-22s—likely six or a dozen—has been active over Syria ever since, steadily honing a new specialty as escorts for older, less stealthy planes.

The twin-engine Raptors, apparently flying from Al Dhafra in the United Arab Emirates, are now part of the “standard strike package” for coalition air raids hitting Syria, Pentagon spokesman Steve Warren, a U.S. Army colonel, told Air Force Times.

https://medium.com/war-is-boring/u-s-stealth-fighters-escorted-jordanian-revenge-strikes-cb1715094e97

Jordanian General: 'We Are Defending Not Only Our Country But Our Faith'

The head of Jordan's Air Force on Sunday said that his country's fighters have done 56 bombing raids on ISIS in the past three days, saying, they are "defending not only our country but our faith."

The country on Syria's southern border late last week stepped up its bombing of ISIS militants in response to the horrific burning alive of a Jordanian pilot on Tuesday.

"Initially we were participating with two to four aircraft. After what they have done to our brave pilot, First Lieutenant Muath al-Kasasbeh, and their brutal action in executing him, then we decided to revenge," Major General Mansour Al Jobour told NBC News. "We immediately started the air campaign that we proclaimed "Muath Air Campaign." We are flying almost more than twenty missions a day."

He added, "We are defending not only our country but our faith and our religion."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/jordanian-general-we-are-defending-not-only-our-country-our-n302391

UAE state news says country launches airstrikes on Islamic State militants from Jordan

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates — UAE state news says country launches airstrikes on Islamic State militants from Jordan. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/uae-state-news-says-country-launches-airstrikes-on-islamic-state-militants-from-jordan/2015/02/10/cc69314e-b11c-11e4-bf39-5560f3918d4b_story.html?utm_content=buffer68a78&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Archived